Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: 2013 Ford Taurus Limited SQ install

Farmacist is offline Soundstream Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 2013 Ford Taurus Limited SQ install

So while I was at SBN I was able to get a much better idea what equipment will be ran in this.

I did want to do either a full install of either PPI or SS, but each brand has it's own high points, so it will be a mix of both.

Amps- Soundstream Reference. These amps have too good of a name not to use them, haven't decided on which amp selection but it will be the Reference line for sure.
    Components- PPI/ Soundstream , I'll being using the 3 way drivers, the tweeter and midrange from the PPI power, and the Midbass from the Soundstream RF3.6C.
    Subwoofer - Soundstream R3.8, after actually holding one in my hand I can't think of a better sub to use for this build.. more details on it later.
    DSP-processor- PPI Same as the SS Synth.. actually really doesn't matter which brand I use.
    Coaxial - PPI

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

So while I was at SBN I was able to get a much better idea what equipment will be ran in this.

I did want to do either a full install of either PPI or SS, but each brand has it's own high points, so it will be a mix of both.

Amps- Soundstream Reference. These amps have too good of a name not to use them, haven't decided on which amp selection but it will be the Reference line for sure.
    Components- PPI/ Soundstream , I'll being using the 3 way drivers, the tweeter and midrange from the PPI power, and the Midbass from the Soundstream RF3.6C.
    Subwoofer - Soundstream R3.8, after actually holding one in my hand I can't think of a better sub to use for this build.. more details on it later.
    DSP-processor- PPI Same as the SS Synth.. actually really doesn't matter which brand I use.
    Coaxial - PPI

Team Soundstream

Farmacist is offline Soundstream Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok just something i wrote up trying to figure out amp selection... somewhat odd but I think this will work out well.

FRONT STAGE
    (3) PPI TWEETERS,
    (3) PPI MIDRANGE
    (2) PPI MIDBASS
    8 CHANNELS = 2 x REF4.400

REAR
    (2) PPI Power Class
    Bi- ampable. so
    4 CHANNELS = 1 REF5.1000
    SUBWOOFER
    (4) R3. Soundstream Subwoofers OR RFW-8’s
    1 CHANNEL = REF5.1000

Soo a total of 3 amps, 2 REF4.400's and 1 REF5.1000. It may be switched to 2 REF4.920's since they're the same length as the REF5., but they are also very large and I need to get a better idea with the area I'm working with. Plus I really dont need that much power on a front stage either but hey its bragging rights

Team Soundstream

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did you ever complete the build? Im working on a 2014 Taurus SHO at the moment.

www.hinnantdesign.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2