Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Re: Cadillac Eldorado build

Quote Originally Posted by SourDeez View Post
    lol, I didnt even read, I just scrolled for a few pics and didnt see any

But yes, I would love to see some pictures from the future

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Never even thought of that, where do you do it, I feel like it wouldnt stick to the plastic on the tire side
    Lol! It's a work in progress. Anyway I just deadened the hump on the inside of the trunk underneath the carpet for the tire.

REFS alot

bumppinKota is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dtrom View Post
    Lol! It's a work in progress. Anyway I just deadened the hump on the inside of the trunk underneath the carpet for the tire.
    I should've been taking pics of my build

neo_styles is offline AKA Pop Twidget

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

@SourDeez ; that's the wheel well we're talking about here. If you have a newer car, taking out the carpeted areas is a bish (definitely is in my VW), but it definitely has an impact. I'm probably not going to get into doing it in the trunk area of the VW for a while since I need to fix the rear suspension first. Definitely needs it though. Have some wicked buzzing from the quarterpanels just rear of my wheels. The trunk lid, surprisingly, doesn't make a peep.

Deck: JVC KD-A95BT
    Speakers: PHD FB mid, JBL MS tweets
    Amps: Boston Acoustics GT-2125, Zed Minotaur III (x2)
    Sub: 10" SSA ICON, IA Death Penalty 18" (coming soon)
    Starr Mountain Sound Nuthugger #2 (I'm a #2 lol)
    dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM VERTEX

k_schutte is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

just an FYI... I had an '00 ETC and it was loudest with the sub facing the rear over on the passenger side and the port firing out the side on the drivers side. sub/port back did a high 146, same everything except with the port to the drivers side, did a 148.9

15"/2Kw . Those things are not easy to get loud! Funny though, that car had virtually zero flex pushing 150dB. I also didn't have any rear deck porting but I did open up that pass through behind the armrest.

Midwest SPL 004 - YouTube

Refs: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/454340-k_schutte-feedback-2.html

Dtrom is offline MAF

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k_schutte View Post
    just an FYI... I had an '00 ETC and it was loudest with the sub facing the rear over on the passenger side and the port firing out the side on the drivers side. sub/port back did a high 146, same everything except with the port to the drivers side, did a 148.9

15"/2Kw . Those things are not easy to get loud! Funny though, that car had virtually zero flex pushing 150dB, sealed on the dash. I also didn't have any rear deck porting but I did open up that pass through behind the armrest.

Midwest SPL 004 - YouTube
    This post helps me out very much. Thank you good sir!!! Did yours have the motorized trunk.? How did you remove the trunk motor in order to port the armrest? Any pointers would be much appreciated.

REFS alot

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This post helps me out very much. Thank you good sir!!! Did yours have the motorized trunk.? How did you remove the trunk motor in order to port the armrest? Any pointers would be much appreciated.
    Not sure what you mean by that...? The trunk motor is on the latch, nowhere near the rear seat/armrest area... All I did was remove the leather cover (you can see when the armrest is down) and then cut a big hole out of the plastic that held all the computers and **** back there.

here's what I did with the piece of leather.
    http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4...lacpods001.jpg
    http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8...lacpods005.jpg

Refs: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/454340-k_schutte-feedback-2.html

Dtrom is offline MAF

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Not sure what you mean by that...? The trunk motor is on the latch, nowhere near the rear seat/armrest area... All I did was remove the leather cover (you can see when the armrest is down) and then cut a big hole out of the plastic that held all the computers and **** back there.

here's what I did with the piece of leather.
    http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4...lacpods001.jpg
    http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8...lacpods005.jpg
    Nice! That's some creativity right there! I mean I never took a close look at it but mine looks like the motor is pretty much up against the back seats (from the trunk). I've been thinking of porting the arm rest I think you just made my decision to do so.

REFS alot

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

might wanna look at that again, not sure how that would work if the motor was against your seat. They look basically like a window motor and are just under the cover... heres one: http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...Picture201.jpg

didn't see what year yours is but I would imagine they're the same. My ETC had a bunch of computers and relays and fuses and crap on a big plastic tray that attached to the back of the rear seat.

Also, the fact like you apparently like BOSE makes me hate you. LOL I am a firm believer in "no highs, no lows... must be BOSE". I had factory BOSE in mine, when I bought it from the dealership, I told them I would only buy it if they removed that **** and put something, ANYTHING else in it. I ended up just getting some cheap Eclipse coaxials for a while before I did my subs and the rest of it. those TRC.6N's were monsters!

Dtrom is offline MAF

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

might wanna look at that again, not sure how that would work if the motor was against your seat. They look basically like a window motor and are just under the cover... heres one: http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...Picture201.jpg

didn't see what year yours is but I would imagine they're the same. My ETC had a bunch of computers and relays and fuses and crap on a big plastic tray that attached to the back of the rear seat.

Also, the fact like you apparently like BOSE makes me hate you. LOL I am a firm believer in "no highs, no lows... must be BOSE". I had factory BOSE in mine, when I bought it from the dealership, I told them I would only buy it if they removed that **** and put something, ANYTHING else in it. I ended up just getting some cheap Eclipse coaxials for a while before I did my subs and the rest of it. those TRC.6N's were monsters!
    Mines a 2001 ESC. Has the same fuses and crap in the trunk. And dude honestly the Bose doesn't sound terrible lmao. Best factory stuff I've heard by far.

REFS alot

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Mines a 2001 ESC. Has the same fuses and crap in the trunk. And dude honestly the Bose doesn't sound terrible lmao. Best factory stuff I've heard by far.
    Try a BMW that has the Logic 7 system. Much better than Bose. And, yeah, I've never seen a Bose system that didn't make me think it was overdone on the midrange.

dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1
    Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/neo_styles/playlist/6t9ru42j0wbEsuo4bXqXD8

Dtrom is offline MAF

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neo_styles View Post
    Try a BMW that has the Logic 7 system. Much better than Bose. And, yeah, I've never seen a Bose system that didn't make me think it was overdone on the midrange.
    Yeah it does focus on mids a little much. The highs aren't harsh tho. Can't wait to get this cdt equipment in there.

REFS alot

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Yeah it does focus on mids a little much. The highs aren't harsh tho. Can't wait to get this cdt equipment in there.
    Yeah, it's a significant improvement. Just remember Bose overemphasizes their lower midrange so it will feel lacking at first on the CDTs. Just give it time and you'll warm up to it. It's miles ahead of the Bose in overall clarity.

dcarcustoms Nuthugger #1

Dtrom is offline MAF

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Just got done cutting into the backseat armrest, there's a bunch of factory wires/fuses and nonsense that's blocking off a good majority of the hole. Hopefully it helps. Will post pics tomorrow too dark right meow
    Last edited by Dtrom; 02-07-2013 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Typo

REFS alot

garretttt4 is offline big pimpin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Looking great broski!!!!

01 Silverado 2500hd (gasser. :/)
    Coming soon
    Four custom mmats juggernaut 12's.
    Amp undecided..?

Bought from: Jayzbent, mylows10, logan527, Timmy13091, wingsfreak9, Underfire
    Traded with: mylows10(x2), knowmadic
    Sold to: 03silverado03, foomanchu, heel4lyfe, Timmy13091, wErd

SourDeez is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neo_styles View Post
    @SourDeez ; that's the wheel well we're talking about here. If you have a newer car, taking out the carpeted areas is a bish (definitely is in my VW), but it definitely has an impact. I'm probably not going to get into doing it in the trunk area of the VW for a while since I need to fix the rear suspension first. Definitely needs it though. Have some wicked buzzing from the quarterpanels just rear of my wheels. The trunk lid, surprisingly, doesn't make a peep.
    Oooh.. my rear wheel wheels are in my trunk basically. I suppose they are kind of deadened.

Headunit - Stock cassette player - Pioneer P9400
    Front Stage - Pyle 8 inch subs (1000 watt peak!!) - Polk DB6.5 (about to be CDT 6.5s)
    Rear stage - Deleted (stolen) - Deleted
    Sub stage - custom built 15 inch sony xplod (5k watt peak!!!) (huge box) - Two SA12's built by Corey
    Sub amp - Pyle 8000w peak!! (spl edition) - AQ2200
    Electircal - 35 amp alt from ford festiva upgrade, stolen battery, 28 gauge solder coil for my cable - Dual D34 Yellows, 1/0 trystar OFC, 135amp alt

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast