Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: New Member, new car, 2005 Acura 3.2 TL Setup

4bannger is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: New Member, new car, 2005 Acura 3.2 TL Setup

I would stick with rf is that's what your about. And I really wouldn't call them overpriced. Compared to kicker, jl, dc audio, or another well known brands. I pick up two rs2d2's for my truck and they surprised the hell out of me for shallow mounts. But then again in running 1000 watts to em. Couldn't beat the price I payed though.

3kwattz is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here's a question: what ohm load will a 4 channel amp take on with the T2652-s Components the tweeter and woofer wired to a cross over then wired to an amp and i have 2 sets?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cdc351jeferson View Post
    wish i had one of those in austin most people in my area are loners haha
    feels like this on my side of dallas as well..

Quote Originally Posted by 3kwattz View Post
    Here's a question: what ohm load will a 4 channel amp take on with the T2652-s Components the tweeter and woofer wired to a cross over then wired to an amp and i have 2 sets?
    as long as the woofer is a 4 ohm speaker then it will be at 4 ohms.

man if you need any help with this build PM me i had a 2004 Acura TL A-Spec, i miss it so bad. these are great cars, everything on your equipment list looks great. but I highly reccomend looking into another brand for subs, rockford slacks in that area pretty bad.. youd be much more satisfied with someone like DC< AA, Fi, Sundown, etc.. other than that everything looks great. im tuned in man

TheUnderFighter is offline Beer Addict

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

I wouldn't bother with Rockford subs or speakers..... nothing special there at all. The amps are great, just way too expensive new. Everything else seems good. Oh, and ditch the cap. Also, I think a 190a alt will be a sufficient start. If it doesn't cost you much more though, then just shell out for the big 250a alt.

2009 Hyundai Elantra - Budget Sound in Progress
    HU- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X994
    Fronts- Crescendo MP6 mids, Vifa Ring Radiator tweets on Arc KS300.4
    Subs- Single SA-10 on Mmats 2000.1 @ 1ohm
    Misc- 1/0 CCA from AT, Big 3 in Stinger HPM, and AT 60 mil deadener
    Bought from: Inferno333, select127, treesive, Kangaroux, DonH
    Sold to: coolest user, Psychodrama, MidgetClown, mr.tigger, av83

GreekBrotha8 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

No not stock I plan on getting a Honda 190 amp alt for it. I work at a honda dealership so i can get good deals on fact parts. Yah, I want to match everything up RF. I had a firebird with a rediculas rockford system in it when i was younger (my last big build) so I really like RF.
    I have a Rockford T-1000bdcp and I love it, so much better than my previous hifonics amp. Install sounds sick man. How much can you get that alt for? I have an '04 civic and have been looking around for one.

4bannger is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cdc351jeferson View Post
    bassically caps dont work and to ge one to be equal to a batteries capacity you would have to have like 20k farads lol they do more harm then good and wont help your voltage get a good high AH rating AGM battery
    Hate to jump in your thread with my own question. But it's about caps. I was thinking about getting one for my old 1991 toyota pickup with stock alt. I'm running a 1k watts, I will be upgrading the main battery but I was gonna add a cap too. Was thinking about doing a high output alt, I don't even know how to put one in and anything with engines and car besides the basic scares me. I talk to a few car audio places and shops about them putting on in but most won't do it cause the yeah of the truck ( liability bull crap). Could I just use a cap to help keep the power?

cdc351jeferson is offline Premium Member cdc351jeferson is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 4bannger View Post
    Hate to jump in your thread with my own question. But it's about caps. I was thinking about getting one for my old 1991 toyota pickup with stock alt. I'm running a 1k watts, I will be upgrading the main battery but I was gonna add a cap too. Was thinking about doing a high output alt, I don't even know how to put one in and anything with engines and car besides the basic scares me. I talk to a few car audio places and shops about them putting on in but most won't do it cause the yeah of the truck ( liability bull crap). Could I just use a cap to help keep the power?
    Just get the biggest agm battery up front you can and do the big 3 upgrade 1k isnt to much for stock electrical you should at minimum fit a xs power d3400 up front that would be a good start . If your having voltage issues with those upgrades and 1k your amp isnt set right and your clipping

headunit : Sony xab-601bt
    fronts: infinity kappa 60.9's
    box : ORIGINAL STARR MOUNTAIN SOUND NUTHUGGER
    REFS: Bradfordp2612 , Double 07 , NASTY08IMPALA , mzlady

cdc351jeferson is offline Premium Member cdc351jeferson is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 4bannger View Post
    I would stick with rf is that's what your about. And I really wouldn't call them overpriced. Compared to kicker, jl, dc audio, or another well known brands. I pick up two rs2d2's for my truck and they surprised the hell out of me for shallow mounts. But then again in running 1000 watts to em. Couldn't beat the price I payed though.
    Yea but better can be had than rockford for same money op talks about paying 400each sub I got my xls for a little nore than that each and they are double the sub of any Rockford

headunit : Sony xab-601bt
    fronts: infinity kappa 60.9's
    box : ORIGINAL STARR MOUNTAIN SOUND NUTHUGGER
    REFS: Bradfordp2612 , Double 07 , NASTY08IMPALA , mzlady

9. Likes its10v1 liked this post
    T.I.K. is offline F*ck it, we'll do it live

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

No not stock I plan on getting a Honda 190 amp alt for it. I work at a honda dealership so i can get good deals on fact parts. Yah, I want to match everything up RF. I had a firebird with a rediculas rockford system in it when i was younger (my last big build) so I really like RF.
    Rockford ten years ago is not Rockford today. I would stick with the Rockford amps, their amps are still great, but as far as subs, there are much better options for your price range.

I've heard pretty good things about RF components, but I'd rather run different sets, but the trigger is already pulled on that gun.

I would also reconsider buying a capacitor. an extra battery would be a better alternative, especially if you're upgrading your Alt.

Get taken down to funky town on MobileAudioForum.com.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

No factory head unit is regular old head unit, but it's nice and the way the dash is cut with the knobs i don't wanna replace it because i dont want an ugly install, plus I want it to look factory, no grills showing, deck factory everything else hidden away.
    No, no, no. That is a terrible idea, sound reproduction on factory HU's is at best, horrible. I would reccomend dropping the cash for a nice Pioneer or Alpine HU.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yah I know the sound on the factoy head unit *****, thats why I'm putting in the 3sixty.3, that'll pretty much be the control unit, the radio will just be for putting in cd's and Im gonna rewire the xm input to a usb, also the 3sixty.3 has a bluetooth audio function i can stream into with my droid. The reason i dont wanna tear the head out is because of the way its intergrated into the dash, if I replace it the new unit will look kinda ****** no matter what. Trust me I have a sweet Alpine deck I would love to throw in there but i just dont want the uglyness. And i DO NOT like double dins, too big and gody for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by T.I.K. View Post
    No, no, no. That is a terrible idea, sound reproduction on factory HU's is at best, horrible. I would reccomend dropping the cash for a nice Pioneer or Alpine HU.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A little disconcening with the rf not being what it used to be, my last good build was a sony rockford combo, 2 power hx2 15" DVC w/ a bd 1500 4 P5 10"s w/ a 700x a sony 4 channel running the fanatic Q components and that was insane, in a FIREBIRD yes a firebird. was tons of fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yah I know the sound on the factoy head unit *****, thats why I'm putting in the 3sixty.3, that'll pretty much be the control unit, the radio will just be for putting in cd's and Im gonna rewire the xm input to a usb, also the 3sixty.3 has a bluetooth audio function i can stream into with my droid. The reason i dont wanna tear the head out is because of the way its intergrated into the dash, if I replace it the new unit will look kinda ****** no matter what. Trust me I have a sweet Alpine deck I would love to throw in there but i just dont want the uglyness. And i DO NOT like double dins, too big and gody for me.
    Im sure with a little fiberglass work you could put a single DIN in there without it looking too bad, but I understand if you don't want to go through that hassle.

Good luck with your build, are you still set on running 100% rockford?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.I.K. View Post
    Im sure with a little fiberglass work you could put a single DIN in there without it looking too bad, but I understand if you don't want to go through that hassle.

Good luck with your build, are you still set on running 100% rockford?
    on this yah I want some fosgate, I dont mind paying the price for the brand because i know they're reliable and seem to hold up well over time. of all the brands of amps and woofers ive had including JL Alpine Sony JVC and Jesen (i was 16 I didn't know any better) they seem to be the ones that held up the best. I'm not competing with the stereo i just want something loud to listen to on my 50 min drive to work every day.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

on this yah I want some fosgate, I dont mind paying the price for the brand because i know they're reliable and seem to hold up well over time. of all the brands of amps and woofers ive had including JL Alpine Sony JVC and Jesen (i was 16 I didn't know any better) they seem to be the ones that held up the best. I'm not competing with the stereo i just want something loud to listen to on my 50 min drive to work every day.
    but outta curiosity, what is the better than fosgate and why? they sound better? more decibals for the same power? or is it just a power struggle?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast