Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Reload Thread: 2005 F150 4x4 Awesome Daily Driver Build

ibf150 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 2005 F150 4x4 Awesome Daily Driver Build

This is how I'll be cutting the door panels to begin the pods, plan is the front two aimed at the headrest across the cab and the back two flat so I dont have clearance issues with my seat.

For those of you in the South I've already confirmed days off work for Gator Drag and Scrapin The Coast so come check this thing out and have a beer.

ibf150 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alright looking for some input here, looking at the door panel picture above. (That's how I'll be cutting mine.) Would it be better to cut mdf in that shape and build off that? or to take tape lay it down in the area and resin/mat to take that exact shape then build off that? I've been told these door panels are a little ambitious for my first time fiberglassing but I've been hearing that since I started working on the truck haha. I've spent months reading and watching videos on glassing so I think I'm ready to take the leap.

Thanks in advance.

Build Thread: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/563714-2005-f150-4x4-awesome-daily-driver-build.html

4 RE Audio SRX10s 8 Soundstream SME.65

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ibf150 View Post
    Alright looking for some input here, looking at the door panel picture above. (That's how I'll be cutting mine.) Would it be better to cut mdf in that shape and build off that? or to take tape lay it down in the area and resin/mat to take that exact shape then build off that? I've been told these door panels are a little ambitious for my first time fiberglassing but I've been hearing that since I started working on the truck haha. I've spent months reading and watching videos on glassing so I think I'm ready to take the leap.

Thanks in advance.
    I think your best bet would be to drop a piece of MDF in there so you have a flat surface to work from.. It will help you get both sides equal since you want to aim them, etc..

ibf150 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 04murdalanche View Post
    I think your best bet would be to drop a piece of MDF in there so you have a flat surface to work from.. It will help you get both sides equal since you want to aim them, etc..
    Appreciate the input man, console is installed now. Holy cow did porting it make a difference seems like it's twice as loud now. I'll be uploading videos soon

Build Thread: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/563714-2005-f150-4x4-awesome-daily-driver-build.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Appreciate the input man, console is installed now. Holy cow did porting it make a difference seems like it's twice as loud now. I'll be uploading videos soon
    Can't wait!

ibf150 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Still need to finish tuning it and I need to let the subs break in. Bass knob was at 75% radio at 35/40 I'll have to get more videos tomorrow in a horizontal way so that it will be full screen. Electrical needs to be upgraded for sure and my Kicker KS68s that are in the doors are feeling the year of abuse I've put them through so I need to get on the door panels STAT

7. Dislikes Turbopit disliked this post
    ibf150 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Super Happy with the way the center console sounds. Most people that ride with me have found it to be too much at 20/40 on the head unit but it puts a smile on my face. No updates on the doors yet but here's a picture to hold yall over for now. I need to find time to make some more videos soon.

DSC_0117 by ibf150, on Flickr

T.I.K. is offline F*ck it, we'll do it live

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Lol @ "it's twice as loud now that it's ported" it's amazing what happens when you let that back wave BREATHE!!!

Awesome truck, hopefully your pods come out well, lets see some pics of your console in the truck!

Get taken down to funky town on MobileAudioForum.com.

10. Thanks ibf150 thanked for this post
    ibf150 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I guess since Nitto Tire rejected these I can release them now, currently 12 photos in consideration and 8 approved:

DSC_0110 by ibf150, on Flickr

DSC_0106 by ibf150, on Flickr

DSC_0105 by ibf150, on Flickr

DSC_0103 by ibf150, on Flickr

DSC_0102 by ibf150, on Flickr

ibf150 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New Video of the Center Console

ibf150 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exhaust parts are starting to come in now, need to drop these off to get ceramic coated:

waiting on high flow cats, X pipe and borla mufflers. Doing a true dual set up dumped behind the axle.

I'm gonna hit up the local junk yards this weekend in search for an extra set of door panels so I can start working on that since my doors aren't keeping up with the bass. If I can't get a set for about $100 I'll just cut into mine and start. I need to get them done before Gator Drag

ibf150 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Trim piece details are finished, just needs to be wrapped now, Vinny is having some trouble with the back curve but he'll get it done. Should look really sharp once its covered in the black leather

another piece for the exhaust set up came in

Just need mufflers now and I'll get on that install.

I really dont want to jinx myself but I think tomorrow I start on the door panels for real! haha

f150swartz is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

awesome truck man! i had thought of doing the same kind of thing as a center console, i was gonna just go with one 12 and one 10 and still have leg room in the back, just never got to it. ill be checking back for some pointers for sure lol... and good luck with the headers if you havent done them yet, ive heard they are a PITA!

ibf150 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I beat the hell out of the truck offroad the other day which of course led to issues haha.

Broke my 4wd that weekend and well my broken 4x4 turned into a big issue bad hubs/bearings led to locked up calipers up front

guys at Auto Empire took good care of the ol girl though, new hubs, cv axles, brake lines, calipers etc pretty much a brand new front end.

I also ordered a set of simulated beadlocks for my XD Diesels this is just a generic image of them on a 20" wheel:

To KMCs knowledge I'm the only person with a set of 22" simulated beadlocks, they are at the shop getting painted red to match the truck.

Next audio plan:

Well I'm keeping the 4 10s in the center console and I'll be adding 2 18" PSI in a 4th order blow through on an SQ2200.1 I'll be upgrading my electrical before I build the blowthrough. Knowing me there's a possibility it will eventually become 4 18s. I'll be contacting Jason Summers about the design and I'll post it once I have it.

Haven't had a chance to make too much progress on the door panels between work and school, but I'd really like to make progress today after work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

To KMCs knowledge I'm the only person with a set of 22" simulated beadlocks, they are at the shop getting painted red to match the truck.

Next audio plan:

Well I'm keeping the 4 10s in the center console and I'll be adding 2 18" PSI in a 4th order blow through on an SQ2200.1 I'll be upgrading my electrical before I build the blowthrough. Knowing me there's a possibility it will eventually become 4 18s. I'll be contacting Jason Summers about the design and I'll post it once I have it.

Haven't had a chance to make too much progress on the door panels between work and school, but I'd really like to make progress today after work.
    SHEEEEEEIT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast