Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: First car build

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon6 First car build

I'm fairly new to car audio (can't do many since i'm only 16, but a few months ago I bought two 10" Kicker 10DC104's and a Brutus Hifonics BRZ.1200 class D mono amp. I've now switched out the two 10" kickers with new 12" Alpine type r's wired to 1 ohms. On my list to add to my build are two pairs of Alpine spx-17pro's powered by a Infinity Kappa four amp, it'll be wired at 4 ohms giving it 125 rms per channel. I'm also buying a pair of Focal PC 690's to go in the back of my car, that'll be powered by a Rockford Fosgate Punch3000 2 channel amp at 4ohms giving 75 watts of rms to each speaker. On top of the, i'm deciding on buying a capacitor (4 frauds) and i'm also buying a Clarion 7 band equalizer. To top it off i'll be adding a 6'2 inch Boss head unit, it's the cheapest one I could find with all of the features I want. In total i'll be spending about $2,500. Any input/ suggests are welcome and appreciated (:

VWGolfMKVI is offline StarrMountainSoundNutHugr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: First car build

Don't buy the 4 farad cap. How much were you gonna spend on that? Cause I bet we can find you a secondary battery that will work better for around the same price.

Callingindogs is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was going to be about $55 another problem is, is that I don't have that much trunk space to fit another battery
    Quote Originally Posted by VWGolfMKVI View Post
    Don't buy the 4 farad cap. How much were you gonna spend on that? Cause I bet we can find you a secondary battery that will work better for around the same price.

Noob93 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

use the $55 to beef up ur charging system then, big three

nkrell11 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

First off I would ditch the capacitor and spend some extra money on an agm battery secondly are you going to be purchasing all of this stuff new because if so there are better options for the $2500 you plan on shelling out for the most part we tend to stay away from main stream brands.

Car:2004 Grand Prix
    H/U: Alpine CDE-102
    Wires: Tsunami 1/0 OFC Positive Run, Audio Technix 1/0 CCA Negative Run, KNU Big 3 1/0
    Batteries: Kinetik HC2400 Rear, Duralast Gold AGM Front
    Amp: Crescendo BC2000D
    Substage:Rebuild Time

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It would be all new, what would you suggest? I'm not looking to go for high db's I mean yeah I want it to be really loud, but I want it to be really clean too and i'll be doing the big 3 also
    Quote Originally Posted by nkrell11 View Post
    First off I would ditch the capacitor and spend some extra money on an agm battery secondly are you going to be purchasing all of this stuff new because if so there are better options for the $2500 you plan on shelling out for the most part we tend to stay away from main stream brands.

VWGolfMKVI is offline StarrMountainSoundNutHugr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noob93 View Post
    use the $55 to beef up ur charging system then, big three
    ^^^^^this^^^^^^^^

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Btw my power wire is already 0 gauge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Forgive me I didn't realize you had already replaced the substage however cdt does make some nice components that may be worth looking into for the front stage.

Wires: Tsunami 1/0 OFC Positive Run, Audio Technix 1/0 CCA Negative Run, KNU Big 3 1/0

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A lot of it looks nice, nothing in the price range for what I want though, then again i'm not sure the quality of them for the price, something that'd be comparable to the type x's for less or something better for equal value

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Maybe someone else will have more input sundown just released their components which I'm sure will be nice from a nuthugger standpoint.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another thing, we it have purpose if I have a equalizer for each separate amp? Like one for my subs, one for my 6x9 amp and one for my side door speakers?

arejayeye is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like you kinda have the same mentality that i use to. I initially got into car audio in the 90s and my local shop had fosgate. JL audio and kicker was big too. Well when I got back in the game a few years ago I naturally went back to the names I have always known, thats the best right??? Well over the past few years I have learned that there are great products out there for less money. Companies like sundown, american bass, digital designs, dc, etc are better quality products without paying for the big names. Just thought i would throw that out there...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any input is welcome! Give the budget ($360 per pair of speakers) what would you choose for speakers that sound good and also put out high rms ratings?
    Quote Originally Posted by arejayeye View Post
    Sounds like you kinda have the same mentality that i use to. I initially got into car audio in the 90s and my local shop had fosgate. JL audio and kicker was big too. Well when I got back in the game a few years ago I naturally went back to the names I have always known, thats the best right??? Well over the past few years I have learned that there are great products out there for less money. Companies like sundown, american bass, digital designs, dc, etc are better quality products without paying for the big names. Just thought i would throw that out there...

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Callingindogs View Post
    Another thing, we it have purpose if I have a equalizer for each separate amp? Like one for my subs, one for my 6x9 amp and one for my side door speakers?
    You will only want one. Reason being, an EQ adjusts levels at certain frequencies. Since your sub is playing different frequencies than the rest of your speakers, only one is needed in the whole system to adjust the levels at those frequencies. Not only that, but if you were to put different EQ's on your front speakers that were playing the same frequencies, it would be difficult to get the desired end result at your ears, because adjusting one EQ would change the end result, and so forth. Maybe someone knows of something I do not, but one is the only amount needed in a system. Although it's possible to have seperate ones for sub and fronts, say a 31 band for fronts, and a 16 band for only sub-200Hz freq's for your sub. That's a pretty dedicated setup, and much more teaking ability than I think you would need.

How much is that head unit? You could probably ditch the external EQ and use the money to put towards a good HU that will have that built in.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast