Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: First car build

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Re: First car build

Quote Originally Posted by Callingindogs View Post
    Any input is welcome! Give the budget ($360 per pair of speakers) what would you choose for speakers that sound good and also put out high rms ratings?
    $360 per pair is a good budget. You do want components correct? @mylows10 ; could hook you up with some good CDT's, the JBL MS-62C are a good set as well, and there are many more. Remember that install is a majority of what makes a car, especially front stage, sound good. You should probably spend a little less on speakers and allocate a little for sound deadening and things like that.

To clarify, what size/types of speakers do you want, and for where in your car? Fronts you will want to focus on and get the best there, almost always you should make components work in the front. You said you also wanted rear doors, and rear deck? I'm a bit confused there I guess. What type of car is this?

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/578701-1999-chevrolet-blazer.html

nkrell11 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

If you could couple your funds from the boss head unit and the equalizer to get a pioneer 80prs or something similar as you would probably get better sound quality compared to the boss head unit with an equalizer.

Car:2004 Grand Prix
    H/U: Alpine CDE-102
    Wires: Tsunami 1/0 OFC Positive Run, Audio Technix 1/0 CCA Negative Run, KNU Big 3 1/0
    Batteries: Kinetik HC2400 Rear, Duralast Gold AGM Front
    Amp: Crescendo BC2000D
    Substage:Rebuild Time

Iosias is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Id drop the eq and the caps,

Id look at the Image Dynamic component sets ( you would not be disappointed in them i am sure) Or CDTs (hit up mylowes) or even the new sundown set.
    I would invest in a deck that has a solid eq built in, personally I like a Pioneer 80prs, but im not looking to impress with a double din.
    Id look at solid 4 channel amps instead of running two separate highs and mid amps.

Refs # Tallc, CleaRSkieS, Roth, Goindef154, Kangaroux, tv559

cfox10 is online now Rock the house.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

80prs, or similar audiophile unit. How often do you really need DVD in the front? If you're trying to show off then fiberglass a seperate DVD screen in. Boss has terrible quality and you'll regret the headunit right away and the DVD novelty will wear off quickly.

Drop your rear speakers or get some cheap (but good) speakers to run off the headunit, JBL makes some very good coaxils for cheap. You don't need/want components in the back and you can run them off the headunit if it has a built in amplifier (most units do) they are just there for fill.

If you get a good unit like the 80prs, the equalizer is definitely not necessary and will save some money.

Upgrade to big 3, and SKIP the capacitor. Really, a battery isn't THAT much bigger than a cap and it will be better by a million times.

Sub stage, run something like Incriminator, Sundown, DC, etc. Some people on this forum can hook you up for a some good subs for a really good price. Hell, you could probably sell those alpines on craigslist and get enough for one really good sub that will be worlds better than the type r.

Don't look at big box stores like best buy, walmart, etc. Unless your local dealer has really good prices, I advise you to check somewhere like http://www.sonicelectronix.com/

If you tell everyone your box dimensions they will help you build a box for your subs.

oh and please invest in sound deadening, the difference is incredible.

/2cents

Callingindogs is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What side door speakers would you suggest that are loud and also very clear for $400 a pair?Also I'm not getting separate amps for my highs and lows, I'm getting separate amps for my side doers, deck, and subwoofers. So 3 amps in total
    Quote Originally Posted by Iosias View Post
    Id drop the eq and the caps,

Id look at the Image Dynamic component sets ( you would not be disappointed in them i am sure) Or CDTs (hit up mylowes) or even the new sundown set.
    I would invest in a deck that has a solid eq built in, personally I like a Pioneer 80prs, but im not looking to impress with a double din.
    Id look at solid 4 channel amps instead of running two separate highs and mid amps.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've also decided to drop the boss head unit, the capacitor and equalizer and looking into that pioneer 80prs, to also add, I have a 2012 Hyundai accent hatchback, speaker size are 6.5's it'd also be nice if they included tweeters with the components

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I found a pair of image dynamic CXS64 v.2's I've read good reviews on it, anyone else have some views on them? Pros cons?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another update. I've decided to raise my budget and get cdt hd-62 golds for the side doors, I'm gonna get the upstage kit for one pair, does anyone know where I can get only the component? I'm still looking for other back speakers but for now I've decided on image dynamics xs-69's and new 2 channel amp choice is a Rockford power t400-2

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2