Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Reload Thread: 01 Silverado, 4 Sa-8s, AQ2200, DC POWER, & iPad 2

Kangaroux is offline I put on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Re: 01 Silverado, 4 Sa-8s, AQ2200, DC POWER, & iPad 2

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger View Post
    not knocking jesse's work at all... but honestly the top baffle should be doubled up, and the port walls should also be doubled.
    There is bracing going in the port and the top is gonna be doubled up but I didn't put that in the design because it was discussed afterwards

ThatChevyGuy is offline i heart Jager

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Love the truck love the build but why did you drop a new motor in it already did your other have problems? These trucks will run 350k if maintained. I had a work truck that was beat to **** and had 347000 and never touched a Thing not even a starter or coil pack

REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    bitch you better swallow and not make a mess

04murdalanche is offline Banned

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger View Post
    not knocking jesse's work at all... but honestly the top baffle should be doubled up, and the port walls should also be doubled.
    LOL dont worry im not that much of a newb, it will be double baffled, i have a surprise for you guys, including Jesse, with it, itll be sexy lets just say that. and as Jessie said, port will be braced, and the brace will be rounded over as well so that theres no noise.. there will also be a 1.75 inch dowel going from the baffle to the port wall where it is braced as well. and i will be fiberglassing the dowel, along with the 45s into the box.. so it'll be super solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangaroux View Post
    There is bracing going in the port and the top is gonna be doubled up but I didn't put that in the design because it was discussed afterwards
    ^above, thank you again for taking care of me so suddenly..

Quote Originally Posted by ThatChevyGuy View Post
    Love the truck love the build but why did you drop a new motor in it already did your other have problems? These trucks will run 350k if maintained. I had a work truck that was beat to **** and had 347000 and never touched a Thing not even a starter or coil pack
    I bought the truck with a blown motor, and it was a manual, it had 134k on it.. so i swapped in a new motor, along with a auto trans with 85 on them, so it should last me a while, i dont plan on selling this truck anytime soon. and 347,xxx? holy sheit thats impressive..

thanks for the comments everyone, some major updates are coming soon i can assure you of that,
    @audiobaun is coming over on friday night to help me do the "Big 6" with the two batts that i will have under the hood, box will be built, shits about to get real!

04silverz is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Wait, whatd i miss? Where is box going?
    Man i kinda wish i hung on to my 2 sa8 and added two more. I still think about it at least once a week

refs (from sounddomain):gerald, resonant18, puppettmaster, steedaSVT, george diaz, minimum 40, blaze1foo, negative3five
    ca.com: foxpro5, cd6551, dgr00s, 95stroked1500, 00maxima, vipervenom18, alxmlr789, Killa Camry, GA95DCMSS, cyoung88, grimreper912003, 6spdcoupe, kraudio12, MHd2000, king nothing, stephens30228, mclerico83, hip3, mylows10, fieryhooligan, plyer3, 2lo2flo, trumpet, stereohead69, 99_olds_aurora

diyma: bikinpunk, funkPnut, dman, joehemi57

CACO:coolysteve, etznova, Nori808, lowbass, edouble101, p928gts1, rdlyn13000

03F150MrSBF is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

The box is going in between the seats. Went over his plans and it's gonna be sick!! Now to wait until he returns back to Ada so I can have a listen.

knotdrummer88 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

is that a combo is mdf and birch?

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    I look for a girl with lowered standards, and possibly a vision problem. Depth perception and size awareness problems are a definite must. Also must like river-dancing and hideous, irreversible burn scars.

What can I say, Im an old fashioned kind of guy.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 04silverz View Post
    Wait, whatd i miss? Where is box going?
    Man i kinda wish i hung on to my 2 sa8 and added two more. I still think about it at least once a week
    MrSBF answered below but yeah man I heard this guy below me sa8s and they slammed, he had em on a hifonics bxi2601, so I'm interested to see what 3.5k will do to them

Quote Originally Posted by 03F150MrSBF View Post
    The box is going in between the seats. Went over his plans and it's gonna be sick!! Now to wait until he returns back to Ada so I can have a listen.
    Hellz yeah, even though there's nothing to do I kinda can't wait to get back. Cause that will mean my install is 100%done and yours will be getting improved.

Quote Originally Posted by knotdrummer88 View Post
    is that a combo is mdf and birch?
    Just birch on the box, amp rack will be in MDF just because I had it laying around..

03F150MrSBF is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yup! Good deal.

I'm looking around for a Headunit now so ill try to do that and refinish my console and run wiring down to the opening where my knobs are. Little by little I suppose.

And hell yeah! That 3500 will make them move! Hopefully I go home this weekend and get those 2 M3b's here to check out.

Good luck bud.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

welll, the guy with the SAZ backed out so Im on the hunt for another SAZ, a AQ3500, a DC 3.5 or a DD m3a. who knows, time will tell, we will see.. anyways, onto the pics

amps!

started cutting and building the box, yes i overly build my boxes, do I care? no...

painting away

uhh hello port MR. PORT

Rain? idgaf

some 45s(: should help a lil with airflow

box was basically done but i was tired of working on it so I switched gears to the electrical portion of the build..

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

charging 1/0 from the alt to the main batt

That back corner is gonna house another batt

this little area in between the fuse box and radiator house will house another batt as well.. 3 total batts under teh hood

found this nice little spot to ground my batt to the frame, this goes straight down to the frame.

all covered in loom and terminals sanded, ready for installation

The alternator is finally in!!!!

still have to do the engine block to frame ground, will probably go knock that out shortly..

Next i decided to go ahead and sand my doors down, i used a wire brush attachment on my drill, it did the job well.. lol, got them all taped off and prepped. then bedlinered them.

pods taped off

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

pods linered

doors

here you can really see the texture of the doors

threw my main batt on the charger to top it off..

my messy work area! lol

my main runs to the back will be 1/0 Knu and 1/0 Shok, all the power wire that is visible inside the cab will either be blue or black, then for speaker wire to the mids it is blue, speaker wire to the subs is black and white, should be interesting to say the least,

Tonight Im going to sand down everything with the door inserts, etc and prep them for paint.. as well as finish my big 3 so my truck is driveable atleast lol. stay tuned!

ThatChevyGuy is offline i heart Jager

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I need to paint match my grille now...

REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    bitch you better swallow and not make a mess

13. Likes BoomBoxStereo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

nice man, looking good, and for that third under the hood are you making a custom bract/tray for it to sit on?

I look for a girl with lowered standards, and possibly a vision problem. Depth perception and size awareness problems are a definite must. Also must like river-dancing and hideous, irreversible burn scars.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ThatChevyGuy View Post
    I need to paint match my grille now...
    lol it looks sooo much better, i actually got that grille off a z71 tahoe because they came like that from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by knotdrummer88 View Post
    nice man, looking good, and for that third under the hood are you making a custom bract/tray for it to sit on?
    yeah for both of the batts im adding under the hood, custom trays/boxes will be made. i was going to do metal, but i dont have a welder and dont know anyone who does so plywood+bedliner it is.. should look good though

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 04murdalanche View Post
    lol it looks sooo much better, i actually got that grille off a z71 tahoe because they came like that from the factory.

yeah for both of the batts im adding under the hood, custom trays/boxes will be made. i was going to do metal, but i dont have a welder and dont know anyone who does so plywood+bedliner it is.. should look good though
    **** right, adapt and overcome man

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast