0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Re: 2013 Mercedes Benz E63 Illusion, Focal, Mosconi

Quote Originally Posted by 04murdalanche View Post
    X2!

How much do those focals run?
    PM sent

Focal | DynAudio | Mosconi | TRU Technologies | Digital Designs | Rainbow Audio | Illusion Audio | Zapco
    Mobile Electronics Magazine "Top 100 Installer" 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
    www.OCTAVEONLINE.com

2Dcore is offline F*It

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    173 Post(s)

Love to see such a clean install, Great work. I'm kinda digging the Focals to, if you can Pm me a price on them. I'm needing to buy some for a new build i'm starting soon. Thanks

HU- alpine CDA 117
    Front - RF 6 .5 T1 comps & RF pro audio super tweets (Amp-Memphis 16-MCA5004)
    Rear -Walled- 4 AB HD 15's (AB 1100.1)

winkychevelle is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    742 Post(s)

What is your stance on focal's tweeter lineup if u don't mind me asking? I'm considering the p165v30 for my new build and running them active but everyone is telling me that the tweeters are overly bright. I have a decent dsp deck so I figure I can tame them with some tuning.

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel
    Big sq install on the horizon if money stays good
    2012 Nissan Versa Hatch
    Deadened but stock, girls ride now

keep_hope_alive is online now Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1172 Post(s)

i'd say there is about $6k in equipment in the car... and i'd say that install is worth a grand, but i assume less was paid.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/608637-2014-accord-sport-sq-build-keep_hope_alive.html
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1839 Post(s)

Install is worthy of the car. Very nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

The_Grimy_One is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    517 Post(s)

Yea, this build is super clean. I swear my system looks so bad after seeing the detail some of you people give.

Deck: Pioneer 80PRS
    Front Stage: Incriminator Audio I65C / Front Amp: Alpine MRV F540
    Sub: 2 10" Obsidian V3 / Sub Amp: MMATS 2000.1
    Bought From: ge_off_me, Boomsday, Chemmins, impactas, Sleazebagger, NoPh33rRaCiNg, fasfocus00, 50cents, flastrongman, pborcich, ace_800, GAMEOVERCCA
    Sold To: Jamesmington, Juicee, Bunkrd you, Donnie Darko, ge_off_me, destined2race, todd131, Imjtnotu, mclerico83, aimology, Audiobahn, kpetree
    Traded With: ge_off_me, Imtjnotu, 04lariat

Octave is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2Dcore View Post
    Love to see such a clean install, Great work. I'm kinda digging the Focals to, if you can Pm me a price on them. I'm needing to buy some for a new build i'm starting soon. Thanks
    PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by winkychevelle View Post
    What is your stance on focal's tweeter lineup if u don't mind me asking? I'm considering the p165v30 for my new build and running them active but everyone is telling me that the tweeters are overly bright. I have a decent dsp deck so I figure I can tame them with some tuning.
    Focals being bright is something in all honesty I'm tired of hearing. Whenever I hear that I just say that person has no idea what they are doing when setting up a system. If you tune a system right with them it'll sound great but if you don't the system will be overally bright. I'm not a fan of bright sounding systems and prefer a more natural warm sound and with the right tuning Focals will get you there. You going active will give you unbelievable control of the speakers so you can tune them right where you want them to be. One thing to keep in mind is the break in period, which is about 200 hours will the Focals. They will losen up after that period and have a totally different fuller sound.

Quote Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
    i'd say there is about $6k in equipment in the car... and i'd say that install is worth a grand, but i assume less was paid.
    You're pretty close with your estimate ;O)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Grimy_One View Post
    Yea, this build is super clean. I swear my system looks so bad after seeing the detail some of you people give.
    Use this as motivation. I tell people the most important part to a system install is forethought. I think the time I take to figure out the wire running is a good amount of the install.

Focal | DynAudio | Mosconi | TRU Technologies | Digital Designs | Rainbow Audio | Illusion Audio | Zapco
    Mobile Electronics Magazine "Top 100 Installer" 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
    www.OCTAVEONLINE.com

8. Likes The_Grimy_One, gckless liked this post
    s10bassjunkie is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Octave View Post
    Thanks for the compliments.

Thanks. Nope. Just a router and a lot of patience.
    For just a router and a shitload of patience, those are beastly!!! Very nice job!!!

2010 nissan 370z

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1839 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Octave View Post
    Focals being bright is something in all honesty I'm tired of hearing. Whenever I hear that I just say that person has no idea what they are doing when setting up a system. If you tune a system right with them it'll sound great but if you don't the system will be overally bright. I'm not a fan of bright sounding systems and prefer a more natural warm sound and with the right tuning Focals will get you there. You going active will give you unbelievable control of the speakers so you can tune them right where you want them to be. One thing to keep in mind is the break in period, which is about 200 hours will the Focals. They will losen up after that period and have a totally different fuller sound.
    I've noticed this too, and it comes down to install. I'm pretty sure the people that say this just install them, notice they are bright, and don't try to move them around or tweak them in any way. I have never heard focals, so I guess I can't say too much, and they may be bright compared to other comps. But with the amount of options there are between mounting and EQ'ing and so forth, it's hard to believe that someone can't tame them down enough to sound good in any particular install.

15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

winkychevelle is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    742 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    I've noticed this too, and it comes down to install. I'm pretty sure the people that say this just install them, notice they are bright, and don't try to move them around or tweak them in any way. I have never heard focals, so I guess I can't say too much, and they may be bright compared to other comps. But with the amount of options there are between mounting and EQ'ing and so forth, it's hard to believe that someone can't tame them down enough to sound good in any particular install.
    Yea I figured they could be tamed I just needed to hear that from someone who obviously has plenty experience with them. I've never ran focal so I don't have any personal experience with them and my local shop that carries them doesn't do jobs at nearly as high a caliber as what is shown in this one build log, which is why I do everything myself learning from guys like you @octave and @keephopealive .

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel
    Big sq install on the horizon if money stays good
    2012 Nissan Versa Hatch
    Deadened but stock, girls ride now

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1839 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by winkychevelle View Post
    Yea I figured they could be tamed I just needed to hear that from someone who obviously has plenty experience with them. I've never ran focal so I don't have any personal experience with them and my local shop that carries them doesn't do jobs at nearly as high a caliber as what is shown in this one build log, which is why I do everything myself learning from guys like you @Octave and @keephopealive .
    @Octave @keep_hope_alive

keep_hope_alive is online now Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1172 Post(s)

in my experience, "bright" tweeters are just suffering from constructive and destructive interference due to aiming/mounting - typically a combination of direct and reflected and diffraction. or they are out of acoustic phase with the midrange... or they were poorly designed.

Focal makes nice speakers. Consider that Wilson Audio uses Focal drivers in their $50,000 Maxx 3's. (which sound amazing)

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/608637-2014-accord-sport-sq-build-keep_hope_alive.html
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

Beautiful work, very detailed. Nice car to!!

2009 CHEVROLET AVALANCHE___2005 NISSAN XTERRA___ 2002 BMW M3
    DECK-DDX319________________CZ702_________________P99RS
    COMP AMP-B2 QUATTRO_______ B2 QUATTRO___________2- B2 QUATTRO
    COMPS-3 SETS B2 6.5'S________ 3-B2 6.5'S_____________TANTRIC 3 WAY
    SUBS- 1- DB DRIVE WD12_______4- TANTRIC SHD 15_____1-TANTRIC LD CARBON 10
    SUB AMPS- 2- B2 ZERO.1________4-B2 M1______________ B2 QUOTTA
    BOUGHT: SAKURA,STEVO13,TEEN,TEAM SOLO,2002XLT,BLACKONBLACK98,HITTIN1,HORNEDFROG1985 ,DBEEZ
    SOLD: STEVO13,MAZZASEC,ECHO42987,l7runner,TEEN,SLAM,

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2