Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 28 of 28

Reload Thread: 2013 Mercedes Benz E63 Illusion, Focal, Mosconi

  1. #16
    Octave's Avatar
    Octave is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: 2013 Mercedes Benz E63 Illusion, Focal, Mosconi

    Quote Originally Posted by 04murdalanche View Post
    X2!

    How much do those focals run?
    PM sent



    Focal | DynAudio | Mosconi | TRU Technologies | Digital Designs | Rainbow Audio | Illusion Audio | Zapco
    Mobile Electronics Magazine "Top 100 Installer" 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
    www.OCTAVEONLINE.com




  2. #17
    2Dcore's Avatar
    2Dcore is offline F*It



    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    PA.
    Age
    39
    Posts
    678
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    173 Post(s)

    Re: 2013 Mercedes Benz E63 Illusion, Focal, Mosconi

    Love to see such a clean install, Great work. I'm kinda digging the Focals to, if you can Pm me a price on them. I'm needing to buy some for a new build i'm starting soon. Thanks



    HU- alpine CDA 117
    Front - RF 6 .5 T1 comps & RF pro audio super tweets (Amp-Memphis 16-MCA5004)
    Rear -Walled- 4 AB HD 15's (AB 1100.1)

  3. #18
    winkychevelle's Avatar
    winkychevelle is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ponchatoula, La
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    742 Post(s)

    Re: 2013 Mercedes Benz E63 Illusion, Focal, Mosconi

    What is your stance on focal's tweeter lineup if u don't mind me asking? I'm considering the p165v30 for my new build and running them active but everyone is telling me that the tweeters are overly bright. I have a decent dsp deck so I figure I can tame them with some tuning.



    2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel
    Big sq install on the horizon if money stays good
    2012 Nissan Versa Hatch
    Deadened but stock, girls ride now

  4. #19
    keep_hope_alive's Avatar
    keep_hope_alive is online now Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Quad Cities, IL
    Posts
    6,095
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    28
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1172 Post(s)

    Re: 2013 Mercedes Benz E63 Illusion, Focal, Mosconi

    i'd say there is about $6k in equipment in the car... and i'd say that install is worth a grand, but i assume less was paid.



    have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

    My 2014 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/608637-2014-accord-sport-sq-build-keep_hope_alive.html
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

  5. #20
    gckless's Avatar
    gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    4,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1839 Post(s)

    Re: 2013 Mercedes Benz E63 Illusion, Focal, Mosconi

    Install is worthy of the car. Very nice job.



    Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

    Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

  6. #21
    The_Grimy_One's Avatar
    The_Grimy_One is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,034
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    517 Post(s)

    Re: 2013 Mercedes Benz E63 Illusion, Focal, Mosconi

    Yea, this build is super clean. I swear my system looks so bad after seeing the detail some of you people give.



    Deck: Pioneer 80PRS
    Front Stage: Incriminator Audio I65C / Front Amp: Alpine MRV F540
    Sub: 2 10" Obsidian V3 / Sub Amp: MMATS 2000.1
    Bought From: ge_off_me, Boomsday, Chemmins, impactas, Sleazebagger, NoPh33rRaCiNg, fasfocus00, 50cents, flastrongman, pborcich, ace_800, GAMEOVERCCA
    Sold To: Jamesmington, Juicee, Bunkrd you, Donnie Darko, ge_off_me, destined2race, todd131, Imjtnotu, mclerico83, aimology, Audiobahn, kpetree
    Traded With: ge_off_me, Imtjnotu, 04lariat


  7. #22
    Octave's Avatar
    Octave is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: 2013 Mercedes Benz E63 Illusion, Focal, Mosconi

    Quote Originally Posted by 2Dcore View Post
    Love to see such a clean install, Great work. I'm kinda digging the Focals to, if you can Pm me a price on them. I'm needing to buy some for a new build i'm starting soon. Thanks
    PM sent

    Quote Originally Posted by winkychevelle View Post
    What is your stance on focal's tweeter lineup if u don't mind me asking? I'm considering the p165v30 for my new build and running them active but everyone is telling me that the tweeters are overly bright. I have a decent dsp deck so I figure I can tame them with some tuning.
    Focals being bright is something in all honesty I'm tired of hearing. Whenever I hear that I just say that person has no idea what they are doing when setting up a system. If you tune a system right with them it'll sound great but if you don't the system will be overally bright. I'm not a fan of bright sounding systems and prefer a more natural warm sound and with the right tuning Focals will get you there. You going active will give you unbelievable control of the speakers so you can tune them right where you want them to be. One thing to keep in mind is the break in period, which is about 200 hours will the Focals. They will losen up after that period and have a totally different fuller sound.

    Quote Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
    i'd say there is about $6k in equipment in the car... and i'd say that install is worth a grand, but i assume less was paid.
    You're pretty close with your estimate ;O)

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Grimy_One View Post
    Yea, this build is super clean. I swear my system looks so bad after seeing the detail some of you people give.
    Use this as motivation. I tell people the most important part to a system install is forethought. I think the time I take to figure out the wire running is a good amount of the install.



    Focal | DynAudio | Mosconi | TRU Technologies | Digital Designs | Rainbow Audio | Illusion Audio | Zapco
    Mobile Electronics Magazine "Top 100 Installer" 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
    www.OCTAVEONLINE.com

  8. Likes The_Grimy_One, gckless liked this post
  9. #23
    s10bassjunkie's Avatar
    s10bassjunkie is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Re: 2013 Mercedes Benz E63 Illusion, Focal, Mosconi

    Quote Originally Posted by Octave View Post
    Thanks for the compliments.



    Thanks. Nope. Just a router and a lot of patience.
    For just a router and a shitload of patience, those are beastly!!! Very nice job!!!



    2010 nissan 370z

  10. #24
    gckless's Avatar
    gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    4,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1839 Post(s)

    Re: 2013 Mercedes Benz E63 Illusion, Focal, Mosconi

    Quote Originally Posted by Octave View Post
    Focals being bright is something in all honesty I'm tired of hearing. Whenever I hear that I just say that person has no idea what they are doing when setting up a system. If you tune a system right with them it'll sound great but if you don't the system will be overally bright. I'm not a fan of bright sounding systems and prefer a more natural warm sound and with the right tuning Focals will get you there. You going active will give you unbelievable control of the speakers so you can tune them right where you want them to be. One thing to keep in mind is the break in period, which is about 200 hours will the Focals. They will losen up after that period and have a totally different fuller sound.
    I've noticed this too, and it comes down to install. I'm pretty sure the people that say this just install them, notice they are bright, and don't try to move them around or tweak them in any way. I have never heard focals, so I guess I can't say too much, and they may be bright compared to other comps. But with the amount of options there are between mounting and EQ'ing and so forth, it's hard to believe that someone can't tame them down enough to sound good in any particular install.



    Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

    Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

  11. #25
    winkychevelle's Avatar
    winkychevelle is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ponchatoula, La
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    742 Post(s)

    Re: 2013 Mercedes Benz E63 Illusion, Focal, Mosconi

    Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    I've noticed this too, and it comes down to install. I'm pretty sure the people that say this just install them, notice they are bright, and don't try to move them around or tweak them in any way. I have never heard focals, so I guess I can't say too much, and they may be bright compared to other comps. But with the amount of options there are between mounting and EQ'ing and so forth, it's hard to believe that someone can't tame them down enough to sound good in any particular install.
    Yea I figured they could be tamed I just needed to hear that from someone who obviously has plenty experience with them. I've never ran focal so I don't have any personal experience with them and my local shop that carries them doesn't do jobs at nearly as high a caliber as what is shown in this one build log, which is why I do everything myself learning from guys like you @octave and @keephopealive .



    2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel
    Big sq install on the horizon if money stays good
    2012 Nissan Versa Hatch
    Deadened but stock, girls ride now

  12. #26
    gckless's Avatar
    gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    4,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1839 Post(s)

    Re: 2013 Mercedes Benz E63 Illusion, Focal, Mosconi

    Quote Originally Posted by winkychevelle View Post
    Yea I figured they could be tamed I just needed to hear that from someone who obviously has plenty experience with them. I've never ran focal so I don't have any personal experience with them and my local shop that carries them doesn't do jobs at nearly as high a caliber as what is shown in this one build log, which is why I do everything myself learning from guys like you @Octave and @keephopealive .
    @Octave @keep_hope_alive



    Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

    Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

  13. #27
    keep_hope_alive's Avatar
    keep_hope_alive is online now Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Quad Cities, IL
    Posts
    6,095
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    28
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1172 Post(s)

    Re: 2013 Mercedes Benz E63 Illusion, Focal, Mosconi

    in my experience, "bright" tweeters are just suffering from constructive and destructive interference due to aiming/mounting - typically a combination of direct and reflected and diffraction. or they are out of acoustic phase with the midrange... or they were poorly designed.

    Focal makes nice speakers. Consider that Wilson Audio uses Focal drivers in their $50,000 Maxx 3's. (which sound amazing)



    have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

    My 2014 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/608637-2014-accord-sport-sq-build-keep_hope_alive.html
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

  14. #28
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Spring,TX.
    Posts
    1,359
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

    Re: 2013 Mercedes Benz E63 Illusion, Focal, Mosconi

    Beautiful work, very detailed. Nice car to!!



    2009 CHEVROLET AVALANCHE___2005 NISSAN XTERRA___ 2002 BMW M3
    DECK-DDX319________________CZ702_________________P99RS
    COMP AMP-B2 QUATTRO_______ B2 QUATTRO___________2- B2 QUATTRO
    COMPS-3 SETS B2 6.5'S________ 3-B2 6.5'S_____________TANTRIC 3 WAY
    SUBS- 1- DB DRIVE WD12_______4- TANTRIC SHD 15_____1-TANTRIC LD CARBON 10
    SUB AMPS- 2- B2 ZERO.1________4-B2 M1______________ B2 QUOTTA
    BOUGHT: SAKURA,STEVO13,TEEN,TEAM SOLO,2002XLT,BLACKONBLACK98,HITTIN1,HORNEDFROG1985 ,DBEEZ
    SOLD: STEVO13,MAZZASEC,ECHO42987,l7runner,TEEN,SLAM,

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. System in Mercedes Benz
    By LoveLEE143 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-30-2008, 03:04 AM
  2. Mercedes Benz Audio 10 BE3101
    By liam in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-2003, 11:26 AM
  3. 1990 Mercedes Benz Stereo Hook Up.... Tips
    By b1utigg3r2 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-24-2002, 10:56 AM
  4. Mercedes Benz Installation
    By b1utigg3r2 in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2002, 12:59 AM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum