treylittlefield is online now CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Re: 2000 Blazer Build

Quote Originally Posted by black05alti View Post
    i bet that 2nd amp helped a ton
    Oh he'll yeah it did lol went from 1 channel at 4ohm per door to 2 channels bridged at 4 per door lol

I-Trader-http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/itrader.php?u=1860

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Sub amps will be in a few. Saving up for an 18v alt right now, already have 3 d1600s. Gonna do some bracin to the doors, and add some deadener real soon so I can be done with the doors. Still debating if I want to keep the current dash speakers I have, or glass 6.5s in it. I really need a wide range mid, from maybe 150-12khz. I also need to do a lot of tuning with my headunit and amps.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Sending one of the 125.4s in for repair. Completely my fault and Jacob is taking great care of me. Also, subs amps should be in next week if all goes well next week I plan on finishing up the box and getting some wiring done for switches and voltmeters. Anyone have any suggestions on placement? Ill post some pics up later of where I'm am thinking of placing the switches. The voltage and temp meters will be a little harder to find a good location. Thought of getting a cassette console putting meters where the console would be.

gckless is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by treylittlefield View Post
    Sending one of the 125.4s in for repair. Completely my fault and Jacob is taking great care of me. Also, subs amps should be in next week if all goes well next week I plan on finishing up the box and getting some wiring done for switches and voltmeters. Anyone have any suggestions on placement? Ill post some pics up later of where I'm am thinking of placing the switches. The voltage and temp meters will be a little harder to find a good location. Thought of getting a cassette console putting meters where the console would be.
    That is EXACTLY where I'll be putting mine, along with the USB port from my 80PRS and a couple smaller things too.

That panel pops right off, take the cassette player out, and fill in the gap. Looks like it was made for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

6. Likes treylittlefield liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    That is EXACTLY where I'll be putting mine, along with the USB port from my 80PRS and a couple smaller things too.

That panel pops right off, take the cassette player out, and fill in the gap. Looks like it was made for that.
    EXACTLY what i wanna do. except build up the panel that pops off and add 2 voltmeters and a temp meter. where the cds go at teh bottom of the pic is where i planned on putting the toggle switches

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

EXACTLY what i wanna do. except build up the panel that pops off and add 2 voltmeters and a temp meter. where the cds go at teh bottom of the pic is where i planned on putting the toggle switches
    Yeah I'm gonna throw a piece of mdf in there and throw a little bondo around the edge to clean it up and make it flush. Thought about doin the CD tray too, but not sure what I would put there. Pretty much anywhere along that console would look good with random things in it.

15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yeah I'm gonna throw a piece of mdf in there and throw a little bondo around the edge to clean it up and make it flush. Thought about doin the CD tray too, but not sure what I would put there. Pretty much anywhere along that console would look good with random things in it.
    If you start it anytime soon let me know. I'd be interested in seeing how it looks. Gonna start looking for a cassette console now. Wish the cassette part was removable so I didn't have to find another one lol but looks like its molded in one solid piece

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

If you start it anytime soon let me know. I'd be interested in seeing how it looks. Gonna start looking for a cassette console now. Wish the cassette part was removable so I didn't have to find another one lol but looks like its molded in one solid piece
    Yeah it's all one piece, but I'm sure you can find it at a junkyard somewhere. Or try ebay man. I'm workin on my A pillars now, got spare ones for $12 each there. But I'll try to keep you updated, I'm more active on a different forum lately, still not sure if I'll post a build log here or not. Either way, what I'm doing with down there should be pretty simple. Just got other things goin on right now.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yeah it's all one piece, but I'm sure you can find it at a junkyard somewhere. Or try ebay man. I'm workin on my A pillars now, got spare ones for $12 each there. But I'll try to keep you updated, I'm more active on a different forum lately, still not sure if I'll post a build log here or not. Either way, what I'm doing with down there should be pretty simple. Just got other things goin on right now.
    what forum? i frequent a lot of different forums, so i will check it out. i got a guy local with a cassette console that is willing to trade i believe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

what forum? i frequent a lot of different forums, so i will check it out. i got a guy local with a cassette console that is willing to trade i believe.
    mobileaudioforum.com. Still haven't posted a build log there though, people hate slow builds lol and I'm not far enough along. And just tell him you'll pay him $30 or so. It might also be really cool to fiberglass those meters and things in, make them raised, think that would look pretty cool too. Kinda hard to explain, but like these subs, only with the meters in your tray:

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

mobileaudioforum.com. Still haven't posted a build log there though, people hate slow builds lol and I'm not far enough along. And just tell him you'll pay him $30 or so. It might also be really cool to fiberglass those meters and things in, make them raised, think that would look pretty cool too. Kinda hard to explain, but like these subs, only with the meters in your tray:

yeah it would just be harder to do with the console i have now lol

black05alti is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Any updates? Need moar pics

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by black05alti View Post
    Any updates? Need moar pics
    Waitin on amps and subs box is built, just gotta cut sub baffles out, and mount amps along with batteries, also gotta save up for an alt. gonna wire up the box tonight probably and get the terminals in

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

well finally got an update worth posting.

FedEx guy dropped off some packages.

125.4s next to their big brother

Few pics of whats inside.

Im estatic, lol lit a fire under my *** now and i am more motivated to get some stuff done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast