28 Post(s)

Re: 2000 Subaru Legacy B4

Got some new equipment in:

CDT HD-62CF

New tweeters compared to old

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Installed

Got my amp rack wired up and installed as well

Still waiting on the two DC Level 3 10's to come in, as well as some AT 60 mil deadener to do my doors. Cutting up some spare sail panels I got from the junkyard for my tweeters now. Car's leaking oil, she'll be in the shop sometime this week

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Got my tweeters installed in the sail panels.

My dremel skills need work :/

Didn't have paint, so used sharpie. Worked well!

In the panel

They are aimed across the seats, directly at the opposite headrest. I tacked them with superglue and hot glue each.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Nice equipment, you should throw a lil bondo on the sail panels to clean them up.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 04murdalanche View Post
    Nice equipment, you should throw a lil bondo on the sail panels to clean them up.
    Thanks. They really could use some molding, but this will do for now. Might go back later and tidy it up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    Thanks. They really could use some molding, but this will do for now. Might go back later and tidy it up.
    Definitely a great start man, keep it up.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYYY got them!

And some merch to boot

DC Level 3 10's. These are pretty subs. They look so good inverted! Can't wait to get these in. Probably not until the weekend though.

Also going to be ordering some speaker grill cloth to cover my tweeters/sail panels. I think that's the way to go with them.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Dropped the subs in the box:

I really like these binding posts:

I get them from Parts Express. They're a little expensive for posts, I think like $8, but they are real good quality, accept bare wire or banana plugs, and have solder tabs on the inside that I was able to fit 10ga through. Easy to put in too, just drill a hole and pound them in with a hammer.

Wanted to put them in the car tonight, but it's in the shop getting the tappet gasket replaced.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Dropped the subs in the car yesterday. Was honestly expecting more output, but it's not too bad. Subs weren't movin THAT much, maybe I just need to give them time to loosen. I set gains for 43V with a 50Hz -3dB test tone.

Blew my stock right front midbass also. Guess that's what I get for running them off a DC 175.4 . I did only have it set for 50W though. CDT's are going in as soon as I get the AT deadener and some time.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Got my subs in the trunk finally:

Box and amp rack fit absolutely perfect. They sound decent and have decent output, but I guess I was expecting more. They don't hit the lows super well, and I'm having trouble on getting gains up high safely, but that's in another thread. They definitely are better than my last 12" RE though, so any improvement is a success in my book. Definitely have some rattles to hunt down now.

Already thinking of my next substage. I think I can get a 15 with two 12 PR's in there

Still waiting on AT deadener to put the CDT's in.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Forgot to ask: you guys think I would get more output with the box firing forward? I cannot fold the seats down, it takes some work, so I only have the ski pass to open.

15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Here's a quick vid. Turn down your volume.

Two DC Audio 10" Level 3's - YouTube

They get movin a decent amount, I think. I have no flex to speak of besides my trunk lid rattling, so that's why it's not in the video lol. Anyone have an advice to my previous question? Was also thinkin about possibly a 4th order with 12's with a port through the ski pass, but not sure I have enough room. I really have no idea what I want for my next build, but I do know I want more output.

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

more batts gilbert ,maybe even a bigger amp.just have to play around with it.looks good tho

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

You think I need more batts? I'm only diving down to the mid 13's. I was thinkin possibly a 3.5k, and would definitely add more batts then.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Wrapped the sail panels with some grill cloth. Some hot glue on the back did the trick.

Still waiting on the AT deadener to get here to put them in.

Dtrom is offline MAF

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Looks good them subs are purty

REFS alot

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast