Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Reload Thread: Going all JL AUDIO again.

renswic is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Going all JL AUDIO again.

Wow, hop on the forum after work and see a new build that is up to 7 pages. Figured sweet something to read and relax before bed. What a bummer, 7 pages of a pissing match between 'the stuff i run is better then the stuff you run' fanboys.

OP one thing I have noticed about any car related forum is that no one seems to under stand that 90% of the people on them are using THEIR own money to do it. Rock your JL stuff, if these guys want to send you what they think is better then by all means take their advice.

Beerdrnkr is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I'm surprised I didn't get more **** in my build log, since I'm running some JL equipment.

Beerdrnkr is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DCtC View Post
    Who is the Moron? That guy or the one that keep saying ID is out of business when they cleary are not? That would be you sir. People are hating you more then your equipment choice, your a tool that cant even say he was wrong... You have been proven wrong twice now and you still keep saying the same **** thing.

It might as well be out of business. I know I won't be buying equipment from them anytime soon after going with powerbass. Bottom line is that he heard a comparison between the two companies products and liked one more than the other, so he went with it. I don't know what the big fuss is all about???

Brock79 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok I got all my equipment today, Everything looks good and nothing damaged in shipping. Tomorrow will be the install day and I will find out how the C2's and C5's play off of each other. And thanks to the members who understand the whole point of this thread. I'm gonna run it without the sub for at least 2 weeks and see if it has enough midbass to keep me happy. Otherwise I will throw in the stealthbox or make my own enclosure.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Got everything in yesterday. So far it sounds good, not as great as the ZR's although i expected that. Still nessing around with the exact settings. I might add a bitone processor and ditch the line outs. Im happy with the C5's and the C2's. The amp drives the speakers good. I havent cranked it up though and the midbass from the C5's are better than expected. With the processor i believe it will be better and smoother. Im still leaning towards a sub though. Just because a system needs it pretty much no matter what you run up front. Would i buy the C5's and C2 again? As of right now, yea

winkychevelle is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brock79 View Post
    Got everything in yesterday. So far it sounds good, not as great as the ZR's although i expected that. Still nessing around with the exact settings. I might add a bitone processor and ditch the line outs. Im happy with the C5's and the C2's. The amp drives the speakers good. I havent cranked it up though and the midbass from the C5's are better than expected. With the processor i believe it will be better and smoother. Im still leaning towards a sub though. Just because a system needs it pretty much no matter what you run up front. Would i buy the C5's and C2 again? As of right now, yea
    just saying ive sat in many sq cars where i could turn off the sub and not miss it. the hybrid audio legatia 8inch mid is one of the drivers i have fell in love with because of this but this is all install dependent. if you had the custom work done to have your speakers installed correctly you may feel the same way. my ultimo 10s are crossed at 60hz and the mids will play well down to 40hz so really my sub only plays 25-40hz out of necessity. crossing my mids higher allows me to run more power 300w rms each without fear of damaging them

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel
    Big sq install on the horizon if money stays good
    2012 Nissan Versa Hatch
    Deadened but stock, girls ride now

wenn_du_weinst is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

you still need a subwoofer in sq systems, they are just set up properly to fill in and not overpower.

I am protesting Skar by giving them added exposure in my signature.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wenn_du_weinst View Post
    you still need a subwoofer in sq systems, they are just set up properly to fill in and not overpower.
    i agree but for someone who just wants nice sound for listening to country music and the such any real bass under 40hz overpowers the mid and highs due to the way country music is recorded. though classical, rap, pop, and the occasional rock band do rely on low frequencies.

me personally listening to mostly country music i either turn my subs almost off or off and drop my high-pass filter to 50hz and im set ive got nice kick and plenty of mid i really fell like i wasted my money on my two ultimos and the arc se2300 to push them.

2012 Nissan Versa Hatch

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by winkychevelle View Post
    i agree but for someone who just wants nice sound for listening to country music and the such any real bass under 40hz overpowers the mid and highs due to the way country music is recorded. though classical, rap, pop, and the occasional rock band do rely on low frequencies.

me personally listening to mostly country music i either turn my subs almost off or off and drop my high-pass filter to 50hz and im set ive got nice kick and plenty of mid i really fell like i wasted my money on my two ultimos and the arc se2300 to push them.
    why do you shut them off? I have never understood why people do this. I have yet to find a song that my subs interfere with, and knowing those subs there is no way they are to intrusive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

why do you shut them off? I have never understood why people do this. I have yet to find a song that my subs interfere with, and knowing those subs there is no way they are to intrusive.
    unfortunately alot of the country songs i listen to have a pretty large peak in the 40-50hz range for what ever reason. and i turn them off due to the variances in the peaks i dont have a bass knob atm and the radio adjustment is a pita to get to for every other song

2012 Nissan Versa Hatch

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

oh, yeah I don't adjust mine at all, it stays where it is set 100% of the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

oh, yeah I don't adjust mine at all, it stays where it is set 100% of the time.
    i love my set up for most everything just the occasional song makes me want to adjust me setup which then makes it sound different of other songs and i screw everything up over time. so i just turn the sub off for a few songs then back on for the next song classical music is quite amazing in my truck. the down fire box with the two ultimo 10s just digs real deep 25hz is a movement but it is quite apparent. i love listening to a cello or organ

2012 Nissan Versa Hatch

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I listen to alot of country but it still needs a sub. Also i have noticed when playing CD's in the car there is bass lacking. Yet the same song through the ipod will have the bass. The sirius sat also is different channel to channel. This is the main reason i wanna try a processor. I also doubt any SQ competitor is running a stock HU as well.

husker77 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

So where is the "build" in your build log?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I dont really do pics if thats what you mean. I can poat some pics as is now and with the empty boxes

16. Dislikes NoLoud4U disliked this post
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast