Reload Thread: First system

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: First system

Quote Originally Posted by DatAudio View Post
    Can't win em all man. I've heard my buddies similar build to this and I think it'll do what I'm looking for.
    Man, It all comes down to what you want and what sounds good to you. Personally, I think the T500BDcp is a excellent choice, just a little overpriced for what you get...The AP i mentioned is total junk that does close to rated power. I was just making a point. And yes for a few hundred less, better can be had.

"Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

shpatb is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like I just wasted 5 mins of my life I can never get back... Here I thought we were helping him get a pretty sweet system for a grand and that all went out the door.

2008 G8 LC6i Kenwood 6.5's upfront, Morels in the rear. Alpine PDX-F4, 2x BA-SPG555 sealed with JBL 14001
    2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT2
    Head unit - eclipse CD5000
    Front Components - Boston Z6's Rear "fill"- Boston SR95
    Front&Rear Amp - Boston GT24
    Sub -2x Boston SPG-555 @ 34hz
    Sub amp -BA GT28
    ect - 12 farad stinger cap,0 gauge stinger wiring, stinger 1500 battery, 200a alt
    refs: keifersracing

DatAudio is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard it after i started this thread and I would still like to hear more advice or tips on tuning or anything really.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm glad you guys are trying to help me but it doesn't really help when I already have all this equipment. I just want to know more about them and others opinions.

TheUnderFighter is offline Beer Addict

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it's mediocre equipment at way too expensive prices. And if you paid a grand for all of it and getting installed, you got ripped off.
    Next time you ask an opinion, don't buy the crappy equipment before you do so.
    The best thing you could do at this point is return it all. For $1,000 you could have one very nice system.

@keep_hope_alive you would run this sub before the P2s? Interesting....
    Quote Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
    (click the link)

2009 Hyundai Elantra - Budget Sound in Progress
    HU- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X994
    Fronts- Crescendo MP6 mids, Vifa Ring Radiator tweets on Arc KS300.4
    Subs- Single SA-10 on Mmats 2000.1 @ 1ohm
    Misc- 1/0 CCA from AT, Big 3 in Stinger HPM, and AT 60 mil deadener
    Bought from: Inferno333, select127, treesive, Kangaroux, DonH
    Sold to: coolest user, Psychodrama, MidgetClown, mr.tigger, av83

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm glad you guys are trying to help me but it doesn't really help when I already have all this equipment. I just want to know more about them and others opinions.
    Hmm..well, the subs are mediocre at best for what they are. Not too sure about the tuning of the factory junk box (5/8" MDF). Probably tuned to 40hz or so to maximize the punch 45hz bass boos circuitry in their amps. They will make a little noise though. Too bad you bought the D4 subs because the 500 Bdcp is a good 2ohm amp that will work at 1ohm, but does not put out any more wattage at 1ohm and actually loses 11% of it's efficiency at that impedance. Bad choice of subs/amp combo. The KW is meh, ok for 140 bucks.

"Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, we misunderstood as you asking about equipment before you buy. Once you have it, our opinion doesn't matter. Are you happy?

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/608637-2014-accord-sport-sq-build-keep_hope_alive.html
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also like the RF BDCP series amps, pricey but darn good.

If you need help on specific setups, we would want to see install pics.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/608637-2014-accord-sport-sq-build-keep_hope_alive.html
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get it all setup on saturday and will defiantly let you guys know what I think of it. Any advice on tuning, flexing or any other stuff? I'm pretty new to this stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the installer should take care of all tuning. you shouldn't have to change/adjust anything on the amp. but take non-blurry pics of the amp settings after you get the car back and we can evaluate/review.

you should take care with the volume control. in the end, your use of the volume control will determine if you damage your gear. note that you can only be so loud with a given system/investment.

post pics of the end results (we like pics showing wiring routing/connections). ask the installer to take pics during install (this will keep him honest).

the Kenwood has built-in high pass filters for the speakers - make sure these are turned on (will be set around 80Hz-100Hz) depending on the sub amp low pass filter. you do have some tuning ability in the HU, but as a general rule - an eq should be used to cut frequency peaks, not boost. boosting increases change for clipping (by causing clipping at a lower HU volume).

your stock speakers should sound much better on the Kenwood HU (compared to stock HU) but won't sound great. if you hear distortion in the speakers, that's inherent with any head unit amplifier above 1/2 volume or so. you shouldn't need to boost any bass EQ settings since you have subs now.

when you get it installed, read the manual for the HU control/features/setting. if you have any specific questions on HU settings, ask.

11. Likes quackhead liked this post
    shpatb is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get it all setup on saturday and will defiantly let you guys know what I think of it. Any advice on tuning, flexing or any other stuff? I'm pretty new to this stuff.
    I wouldn't worry about flexing with what you got.

2008 G8 LC6i Kenwood 6.5's upfront, Morels in the rear. Alpine PDX-F4, 2x BA-SPG555 sealed with JBL 14001
    2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT2
    Head unit - eclipse CD5000
    Front Components - Boston Z6's Rear "fill"- Boston SR95
    Front&Rear Amp - Boston GT24
    Sub -2x Boston SPG-555 @ 34hz
    Sub amp -BA GT28
    ect - 12 farad stinger cap,0 gauge stinger wiring, stinger 1500 battery, 200a alt
    refs: keifersracing

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll make sure to take a loud of pictures for you guys. Ya I figured on going easy on the volume to try to find a good volume that won't damage anything. Don't I need to adjust the amp after a while? Thanks alot

murph is online now Low for Life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Head unit should clip after 25 so don't go above that.

Hu: kenwood kdc-x995
    Sub: Boston acoustics G5 12 in a quasi 6th order
    Amp: Phoenix gold zx600.2 ti
    Front Speakers: Eclipse sc6500
    HIT UP FOR BASS ---> http://www.youtube.com/user/BassWithMurph?feature=mhee

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post
    Head unit should clip after 25 so don't go above that.

This is about correct. I have a Kenwood 448U, and depending on your EQ, anywhere from 23 to about 28 or 29 will start to give you clipping. At that volume, your full range should be easily overpowered by your subwoofer.

I do need to upgrade to one of the Excelon units though...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This build sounds amazing! I'll post pics later if anyone wants to see the job they did.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2