Reload Thread: My lame ***, low budget CTS build

k_schutte is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: My lame ***, low budget CTS build

Yeah, they're the newer versions...

Got the box sprayed, turned out pretty decent. I ended up using two cans of Dupli-Color bed liner in spray cans at $10/can. Could have used a third can but I honestly didn't worry TOO much about the back or bottom. Main focus was on the front and port side as that't pretty much all you will see when it is in the car.

cell phone pics, sorry.

Refs: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/454340-k_schutte-feedback-2.html

kushy_dreams is offline The resident hippie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

I like your hanging method, I'm totally doing that in a week when I paint my box.

13 Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4T

http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/forum.php<

BOYCOTT SKAR AUDIO! SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES SHOULD NEVER BE ENCOURAGED!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kushy_dreams View Post
    I like your hanging method, I'm totally doing that in a week when I paint my box.
    worked out quite well for me! just finished building that shed like 20-30 minutes before I coated the box. LOL

I might end up painting the box now as well. Not 100% sure right now but that bed liner is paintable so we'll see what happens. I was thinking a nice pearl white to match the car or some crazy metal flake or something, IDK, probably leave it alone for a bit...

Refs: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/454340-k_schutte-feedback-2.html

Kangaroux is offline I put on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k_schutte View Post
    Yeah, they're the newer versions...

Got the box sprayed, turned out pretty decent. I ended up using two cans of Dupli-Color bed liner in spray cans at $10/can. Could have used a third can but I honestly didn't worry TOO much about the back or bottom. Main focus was on the front and port side as that't pretty much all you will see when it is in the car.

cell phone pics, sorry.

That looks real nice. Got a close up? I'm tempted to do bedliner on my next box. Thinking of doing a coat of black paint under it first just so I don't have to use a ton of it since the box is gonna be big.

pieper88 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k_schutte View Post
    You sure...? there are like 4 companies around here that do it. of course, we are BY FAR the best!!! not just saying that either, it's pretty obvious if you look at ANY of our builds! not to mention the COUNTLESS vehicles that get brought to us for fixing when the "lowest bidder" fucks every up!

EDIT: just realized you can see the neighboring building so you very well might know where I work. LOL You know the people/place well or just know of it...?
    I knew the specific one based on the pics. More know of it and have seen some of the work you guys have done.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pieper88 View Post
    I knew the specific one based on the pics. More know of it and have seen some of the work you guys have done.
    Hopefully our recent work!! They had a couple people who were a bit "lazy" before. I do the builds now, well I have for the last 8-9 months. Funny, it went from a 3 person shop to just me and we are getting the same amount of work done, just better. LOL seeing people complain about running 1/0 makes me giggle! Some of the cars I have built have two groups of wire the size of softballs! Try making THAT fit into a 2012 Caprice (Pontiac G8)!! not an easy task.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wanna talk about low budget...? I don't have the money for the wire I need for the subs. So, I go out to my garage and start looking around. Then I find a handful of extension cords, BIG ones. they are 10awg/3 cords and I have like 6 of them. so I grab the shortest one and...

upload pictures

image upload

LOL, 100% OFC, 10awg wiring for the subs. Sure, it might be a little "ghetto" but wire is wire and it is what I needed so.... Took me about 20-30 minutes to get all the wire out. I CAREFULLY ran a razor down to cord and removed the outer lining. then I had to remove that cardboard insulation crap and the untwist the three wires to get the green and black that I wanted to use. All in all, it worked and didn't cost me a penny.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

at a bit of a "stand still" right now thanks to the weather. 100* heat index and nasty humid is not a good time for installing car audio!!

armykyle1 is offline armykyle1

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Box looks great!

Build
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/581952-2dr-zr-2-blazer-build-gfy-3.html
    Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/user/armykyle1

shpatb is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I wish you lived closer to make me a ****** box like that one...

2008 G8 LC6i Kenwood 6.5's upfront, Morels in the rear. Alpine PDX-F4, 2x BA-SPG555 sealed with JBL 14001
    2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT2
    Head unit - eclipse CD5000
    Front Components - Boston Z6's Rear "fill"- Boston SR95
    Front&Rear Amp - Boston GT24
    Sub -2x Boston SPG-555 @ 34hz
    Sub amp -BA GT28
    ect - 12 farad stinger cap,0 gauge stinger wiring, stinger 1500 battery, 200a alt
    refs: keifersracing

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, I finally said F* it, went out in this 96* heat and got my this installed. I am EXTREMELY happy with it as of right now and am VERY impressed! Mind you, I have been without subs for like 2 years now but...

I have them on about 400-500 watts each right now to break them in and then I plan to throw like 1Kw rms to each of them. This is my first "lower tuned" setup, I am usually up around 42hZ for the dBz, LOL. sittin around 33-34 hz right now and loving it! I can't wait to double the power and see what happens!

I plan to get it metered at some point as it sits and then again with the 40hz~ tuning and see what the difference is, just out of curiousity. In case I didn't mention it before, this is my first multi-sub setup, my first "lower tuned" setup and my first "anything smaller than a 15"" setup. I will try to get some vids up in the next day or two. No pics of the trunk until I get it cleaned up and 100% finished though! Hopefully this weekend...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Videos never seem to do cars justice, LOL...

Running them at about 400w each right now for "break-in". I can't wait to crank it up and see what happens in a couple weeks.

One thing I am wondering about, the LOC inputs. the car doesn't have rear deck speakers so I used the +/- from the factory subwoofer (removed it to have the rear deck vent). I am not sure if the car has a built in crossover and/or if that would make a difference if it does...? I am using the Cache CLOC+D (Cache CLOC+D (CLOCD) Line Output Converter w/ Line Driver)

anyways, on to the poopyness...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdJljlDjQ1Y

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2