Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35

Reload Thread: 2009 Subaru Legacy Build log

  1. #16
    kushy_dreams's Avatar
    kushy_dreams is offline The resident hippie



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    twenty past four
    Posts
    4,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: 2009 Subaru Legacy Build log

    Looks great. That 0ga is way overkill for that amp.



    13 Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4T


    http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/forum.php<

    BOYCOTT SKAR AUDIO! SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES SHOULD NEVER BE ENCOURAGED!




  2. #17
    itsblown's Avatar
    itsblown is offline why is there smoke?

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toledo OH
    Posts
    1,147
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

    Re: 2009 Subaru Legacy Build log

    Quote Originally Posted by kushy_dreams View Post
    Looks great. That 0ga is way overkill for that amp.
    Probably but he was sitting at 14.2 volts at the amp with the car on and parked doing sine waves soo really cant complain. Im not sure if the 0 gauge helped at all but it gives head room if he decides to upgrade. Right now a T-line is on the drawing board for designs and im sure more dicking around with the amp which doesn't seem to be working correcty




  3. #18
    121jiggawatts's Avatar
    121jiggawatts is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: 2009 Subaru Legacy Build log

    I went for about a hour and a half drive with it, i think the spiders were really stiff, because it got noticeably louder as the drive went on. and i got to hear it a lot more without you turning it down every 2 minutes telling me how i should have gotten a 12. The 0 gauge is fine the real mistake was the twisted pair 10 gauge speaker wire, never again.




  4. #19
    itsblown's Avatar
    itsblown is offline why is there smoke?

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toledo OH
    Posts
    1,147
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

    Re: 2009 Subaru Legacy Build log

    Quote Originally Posted by 121jiggawatts View Post
    I went for about a hour and a half drive with it, i think the spiders were really stiff, because it got noticeably louder as the drive went on. and i got to hear it a lot more without you turning it down every 2 minutes telling me how i should have gotten a 12. The 0 gauge is fine the real mistake was the twisted pair 10 gauge speaker wire, never again.
    Yea everyone this is his car ^. and I think the real mistake was trying to cut the speaker wire in your hand with a razor blade.




  5. #20
    Bettr n' Revrse's Avatar
    Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    16,839
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

    Re: 2009 Subaru Legacy Build log

    Looks pretty nice...




    Western Rep.

    99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

  6. #21
    kushy_dreams's Avatar
    kushy_dreams is offline The resident hippie



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    twenty past four
    Posts
    4,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: 2009 Subaru Legacy Build log

    Quote Originally Posted by itsblown View Post
    Yea everyone this is his car ^. and I think the real mistake was trying to cut the speaker wire in your hand with a razor blade.
    They make this tool you know, its called a wire stripper.



    13 Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4T


    http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/forum.php<

    BOYCOTT SKAR AUDIO! SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES SHOULD NEVER BE ENCOURAGED!

  7. #22
    itsblown's Avatar
    itsblown is offline why is there smoke?

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toledo OH
    Posts
    1,147
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

    Re: 2009 Subaru Legacy Build log

    Quote Originally Posted by kushy_dreams View Post
    They make this tool you know, its called a wire stripper.
    It was the Knu Konceptz double shielded double twisted speaker wire stuff its thicker than 0 gauge and we don't have any strippers that will go up that big. So he thought he would use his hand as a cutting board and ended up with a trip the E.R. and some stitches.. probably the dumbest thing I've witnessed but we all **** up every once in a while

    If you're still up for metering we are still interested, does it have to be over a certain Db for the meter to pick it up? this thing is kinda quite so don't expect to be blown away but you gotta remember its only 1 little 8 off of 500 watts. We could do a before and after sound deadener too I think that would be interesting to see. He just ordered 75 sq ft of audio technix.

    Our goal is sound quality though so if you could do that thing where it graphs it in excell and shows us the cars peak and everything that would help us out




  8. #23
    itsblown's Avatar
    itsblown is offline why is there smoke?

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toledo OH
    Posts
    1,147
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

    Re: 2009 Subaru Legacy Build log

    double post fail




  9. #24
    kushy_dreams's Avatar
    kushy_dreams is offline The resident hippie



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    twenty past four
    Posts
    4,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: 2009 Subaru Legacy Build log

    Quote Originally Posted by itsblown View Post
    It was the Knu Konceptz double shielded double twisted speaker wire stuff its thicker than 0 gauge and we don't have any strippers that will go up that big. So he thought he would use his hand as a cutting board and ended up with a trip the E.R. and some stitches.. probably the dumbest thing I've witnessed but we all **** up every once in a while

    If you're still up for metering we are still interested, does it have to be over a certain Db for the meter to pick it up? this thing is kinda quite so don't expect to be blown away but you gotta remember its only 1 little 8 off of 500 watts. We could do a before and after sound deadener too I think that would be interesting to see. He just ordered 75 sq ft of audio technix.

    Our goal is sound quality though so if you could do that thing where it graphs it in excell and shows us the cars peak and everything that would help us out
    lol wow, lesson learned I guess.


    I believe the meter will register down to about 110db. It should easily break 120, I'm expecting it to be around 130 at the headrest and maybe a little higher in the kick on the dash.

    I'm free after 4pm today and before 4pm tomorrow. just me me or something, I'll prob just be wasting time on here in between trying to do schoolwork.



    13 Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4T


    http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/forum.php<

    BOYCOTT SKAR AUDIO! SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES SHOULD NEVER BE ENCOURAGED!

  10. #25
    itsblown's Avatar
    itsblown is offline why is there smoke?

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toledo OH
    Posts
    1,147
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

    Re: 2009 Subaru Legacy Build log

    little update on how it does Spl wise thanks to Kushy Dreams for metering it here are some results
    1 sundown audio sa-8 v.2 dual 4 wired to 2 ohms on a audioque 750.1
    130.2db at 41hz sealed at the dash
    also did a 128db at 51hz and 27hz.

    Yup 27h kinda blew my mind it hit that low like that also from around 25-50 the sub was completely flat rising by 10th's of a db at most through out that entire range




  11. #26
    kushy_dreams's Avatar
    kushy_dreams is offline The resident hippie



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    twenty past four
    Posts
    4,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: 2009 Subaru Legacy Build log

    No prob, it was nice meeting you guys.

    The 128 scores were at the headrest (meca style) on drivers and passenger side with the passenger door open. I was very surprised at how well it played and how strong the low end was. It played well into the mid to lower 20s with authority, even with a box tuning and fs of 34hz. This was the first 8 I have ever heard in person, very impressive for the size and power involved.

    I could have spent another hour moving the box around trying different things with interior pieces lol



    13 Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4T


    http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/forum.php<

    BOYCOTT SKAR AUDIO! SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES SHOULD NEVER BE ENCOURAGED!

  12. #27
    sundownz's Avatar
    sundownz is offline Supporting Vendor sundownz is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    sundownz is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    10,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

  13. #28
    itsblown's Avatar
    itsblown is offline why is there smoke?

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toledo OH
    Posts
    1,147
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

    Re: 2009 Subaru Legacy Build log

    Quick little update, received the deadener in the mail a couple of days ago and got around to applying it yesterday. We learned that the mounting depth for the speakers is extremely shallow. kind of a bummer but mounting brackets will be made
    Here it is 75 sqft of audio technix





    just one roll all by its lonesome



    out with the stock deadener



    The door completely stripped



    Inside coating





    All covered up



    we ended up using about 2/3 of one 25 sqft roll to do both front doors we plan on doing the back doors and the trunk floor. The difference this stuff made on the front doors was unbelievable anyone contemplating weather they should deaden their doors do it. It got rid of an anoyying humm he had in one door, and really brought out the midd bass even from the stock harmon and kardon speakers




  14. #29
    kushy_dreams's Avatar
    kushy_dreams is offline The resident hippie



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    twenty past four
    Posts
    4,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: 2009 Subaru Legacy Build log

    Looks like you guys have been busy haha. Looks great though, I'm really interested to see what it will do with the peak freq and overall spl.

    I see a little Clarion apx amp in the background, those are great little amps, esp for what people are letting them go for used.



    13 Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4T


    http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/forum.php<

    BOYCOTT SKAR AUDIO! SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES SHOULD NEVER BE ENCOURAGED!

  15. #30
    itsblown's Avatar
    itsblown is offline why is there smoke?

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toledo OH
    Posts
    1,147
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

    Re: 2009 Subaru Legacy Build log

    Quote Originally Posted by kushy_dreams View Post
    Looks like you guys have been busy haha. Looks great though, I'm really interested to see what it will do with the peak freq and overall spl.

    I see a little Clarion apx amp in the background, those are great little amps, esp for what people are letting them go for used.
    Yea it was a champ when it worked but it blew on me. Gain not properly set .. my nooby mistake a long time ago

    Im wondering if we should deaden his rear deck im kind of afraid it will make the sub not as loud in the cabin. but we are removing the stock 8 inch speaker that is in the rear deck so there will be an 8 inch blow through into the cabin that will be opened




Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ProjectPechkin's 2005 Legacy GT BUILD LOG! **PICS**
    By GAM3OVR in forum Car Audio Build Logs - Cars/Trucks/SUVs
    Replies: 1260
    Last Post: 03-19-2010, 01:27 AM
  2. 2009 Build Log for Bumpin Buick
    By bumpin buick in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 06-05-2009, 10:14 AM
  3. Blazin_Jason's '80 Caprice Classic Build Log
    By Blazin_Jason in forum Car Interior/Exterior Enhancements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-19-2006, 11:54 AM
  4. SAG3's Box Build Log
    By SAG3 in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 03-25-2006, 03:20 AM
  5. System for 1996 Subaru Legacy Outback
    By Unregistered in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-16-2002, 06:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum