Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reload Thread: Cyn's - - - 007 Impala Build Log...

cyn
    cyn is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Re: Cyn's - - - 007 Impala Build Log...

was going to do a double layered spacer system but I didn't have the clearance so I had to drop it back to a single spacer.. I will be redoing these with a 1" spacer in the future and get a better seal on the door and doing a few other things to the door.

amps in on a temp rack for now.. Zapco 360.2 / AQ 1200.1 , will be doing a 2" lifted angled rack with 1/2" shock absorbant spacers in the next few weeks.. These racks will go into the rear fender well somehow.. Will also be putting a 1/4" plexi sheet speaker guard in soon.. will be 4-5" away from the sub with 1" slots in it and frosted..

2007 Chevy Impala LT
    HU: Clarion CZ500 Front Speakers: CDT HD6.1
    Sub: 15" SSA ICON Box: 3.6 cubes net tuned to 32hz Amp: Sub: ED NINE.1 / Front Stage: American Bass Hybrid 4chan
    [COLOR="red"]Sold To: Traded With : Bah ask around a lot of fscking people period.

cyn

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Well, this morning I was playing around with some settings and so forth on the HU and Amp for the Front Stage, I'm thinking the Zapco might be a little too much for the mid's until I can get the Tweeters in to breakup some of the wattage going to them. Gains are completely down on the Amp, HU Settings on Mids are 2500khz , -4 .. Highs 10,000khz , +4 .. Sub 160hz , -6 .. Sounds about perfect on them but still getting A little over drive on them every once in a while. Over all I am very pleased with the mid range I have now.. I think after I finish the doors up the way I want to I will get a better response out of them that will pick up a few area's that have a slight issue. I know once I put the new tweets in it will give a much needed Higher Freq. response that I am missing still since I am using the Stock Tweets until I have the time to modify the Sail to get them in.

Plans for this week.. Get the Re HC out and sent to Hispl for an upgrade , going from the 12" to a 15" .. Depending on my work schedule and so forth as to how much Time I will be out of town this week I will start messing with the Sails.. Tomorrow I'll be in Arkansas for the day so I know I will not be working on them today or tomorrow or even Wed... and this weekend well I'll be busy with GF so It might be another 2-3 weeks before I can get them done..

Future Plans.. Remove the Rear stage completely from the rear deck.. Buy some door panels for all 4 doors to modify and chop up so I'll have a factory set still.. Make some closed pods on the front doors for the front stage, Add my Rear Stage to the rear doors instead of the Rear Deck.. Get about 100-150sq ft more of Deadner and 50Sq ft of MLV for the cabin. Get some Ensolite for all the doors.. Get new 1/0 AT or KNU power/ground wires to run from the front to rear battery and install the rear battery.. Get the local shop here to make me some Distro's.. "We will see how much of this I actually get done tho"

2007 Chevy Impala LT
    Sub: 15" SSA ICON Box: 3.6 cubes net tuned to 32hz Amp: Sub: ED NINE.1 / Front Stage: American Bass Hybrid 4chan
    [COLOR="red"]Sold To: Traded With : Bah ask around a lot of fscking people period.

cyn

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

@keep_hope_alive ; Any tips by looking at the doors on this car as to doing a good seal off for better mid-bass or any suggestions period on anything you see in the install to make it better?

2007 Chevy Impala LT

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)

you want to seal off the large holes in the door. those alone will cause the speaker to be unloaded and easily over-driven.

you want foam weatherstripping around the speaker so it seals to the door panel. that stuff is so cheap yet makes such a difference. i'll find a good pic from another member.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?6722-KHA-2014-Accord-Sport-SQ-Factory-Integration
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html
    *1998 Astro Van Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/567468-kha-does-spl-build-1996-astro-van.html

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?6722-KHA-2014-Accord-Sport-SQ-Factory-Integration
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html
    *1998 Astro Van Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/567468-kha-does-spl-build-1996-astro-van.html

cyn

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Any good tips on sealing up them holes good? And ya i ran out of time on doing the seal like that

2007 Chevy Impala LT

cyn

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

A few things for the new build... Got muh woods cuts... 2 Sheets of Builders Grade Ply.. 2 Custom Built Super Shocker Extreme 12"s ..

2007 Chevy Impala LT

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

your amp shipped out today

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

cyn

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    your amp shipped out today
    Aight man... thanks for letting me know... got a tracking #?

2007 Chevy Impala LT

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cyn View Post
    Aight man... thanks for letting me know... got a tracking #?
    no bob never sends a tracking number ,should be there mon ,maybe sat depends if he ships fedex or ups

ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

cyn

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    no bob never sends a tracking number ,should be there mon ,maybe sat depends if he ships fedex or ups
    aight... Thanks again man..

2007 Chevy Impala LT

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyn View Post
    aight... Thanks again man..
    no prob

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

cyn

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Update... Box Build...

I've yet to put on the last end piece, as i'm waiting to get the port in before sealing the side up so I can do some cleaning and touching up with more caulk if needed..

2007 Chevy Impala LT

cyn

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

2007 Chevy Impala LT

cyn

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Did Alittle more work today on the box... got the ports in, and painted the box... still have the one side piece to get on.. Will end up doing it tomorrow when time permits me to get it done... would of had it done today but had other things to do...

2007 Chevy Impala LT

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast