Reload Thread: Best sq box for a 15in Kicker CVX with Kicker ZX1000.1

wickedwitt is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Re: Best sq box for a 15in Kicker CVX with Kicker ZX1000.1

Quote Originally Posted by DCtC View Post
    Kicker sub s can get loud, the thing is people dont set them up right. Most people running Kicker go to besy buy and get what the retard floor guy tells them to. They do look and feel cheap. Minus the X.
    The lower lines do look cheap. Not near as bad as those years they did that chrome crap, at least.

Stupid Loud.

Fi_
    Fi_ is offline King of Diamonds

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IonRL205 View Post
    Sealed kickers do not get loud at all lol. I had two cvr 15s sealed and my skar 10s ported completely murder them, its not even a comparison. Quit making up bs claims, kickers shine in ported boxes, not sealed.
    Making up BS claims? I'm pretty sure I made nothing up lol I was talking about L5's and L7's not CVR's or CVX's... I said they come close to as loud in comparison but ported is obviously going to move more air. I've heard the suspension and size requirements allow them to move more controllable in a sealed box, like I said I don't run Kickers and it's just what I hear from a guy that runs 4 15's sealed in a wall in his SUV and it gets **** loud.

But I'm not saying I'm right I could be wrong lol.

RangerDangerV2 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

"kicker" and "SQ" do not go hand in hand....

1999 Tahoe
    2 sa12s
    4th order
    145.18 @33z... with less than 500 watts!

4. Thanks TheUnderFighter thanked for this post
    IonRL205 is offline DJ h4z4rdes IonRL205 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Excruci8 View Post
    Making up BS claims? I'm pretty sure I made nothing up lol I was talking about L5's and L7's not CVR's or CVX's... I said they come close to as loud in comparison but ported is obviously going to move more air. I've heard the suspension and size requirements allow them to move more controllable in a sealed box, like I said I don't run Kickers and it's just what I hear from a guy that runs 4 15's sealed in a wall in his SUV and it gets **** loud.

But I'm not saying I'm right I could be wrong lol.
    Oh in your previous post you said "sealed kickers" so i thought you were referring to all kickers in general.

Headunit - Pioneer DEH-P8300UB
    Subs - None
    Sub Amp - 2x Crescendo 3kwp
    Front Stage - Polk Audio db651 Coaxial
    Front Amp - None

Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    Most properly done 15 inch subwoofers are not suited for car audio use simply due to box size requirements.

JoshC is offline The Taco MASTA

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

My Obsidian audio 12 will take that power all day and make the cvx and type r look girly. My 12 is almost as loud as my builders 15in L7, plus they had great sq. check em out for your next sub

Obsidian Car Audio

Pioneer DEH-P9400BH-CDT HD61s-Kenwood&AQ-Obsidian 12
    Doors covered inside and out in AT 60mill

Sold to: akheathen, audiobaun----Traded with: Mylows10-------Bought from: fasfocus00, Ram_Designs, Mylows10, power-fanatic07, Argento

7. Likes TheUnderFighter liked this post
    mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)

trash can

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

9. Likes JoshC liked this post
    Moble Enclosurs is offline Box Designer/Builder

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

There seems to be a lot of experience here about kicker drivers, but I would like to help clarify a few things for you. Any subwoofer will gain higher efficiency in a larger enclosure if the enclosure is properly designed and constructed AND as long as it gives the right response curve. The thing about kicker subs are that they went through some changes back around 5 years ago. This caused their specifications to become somewhat incorrect as far as what they, kicker company, recommends.
    For this reason, it can be tough for any of us to make a recommendation on what will work best for as much SQ you can gain with most of their newer model drivers without accurate specifications to go by. I have to call kicker everytime I get a design request for any of their subs due to the interesting results they give me in calculation.
    This leads me to believe they do not stay on top of their products very well, especially when I can call twice and receive two different results for the same driver.
    That being said, like the others, I would strongly recommend going with a more reputable company with specifications and recommendations on volume requirements. This doesn't mean that those who have the subs working well cannot recommend a good volume or idea of what may work well, but it has been my professional experience that no two situations will give identical results.
    So, saying 4 cubes sealed will work best may not be applicable to your request. And going through the process of designing and building one on your own costs can be frustrating when the results have a possibility to become subpar from what you had imagined.
    So, though some great information about their products have been made, I would say, and agree like others, to find a more usable driver for your setup and get a proper design made so you will have a better chance of getting great results.
    I agree with the recommendation of skar audio subs for authority as well as range of response as I have designed for many of them before with exceptional results.
    Just my thoughts.

Contact me for more info:[/COLOR][/I][/B]

Mobile Enclosures:http://mobileenclosures.com
    Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mobile-Enclosures/134158593281463
    YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMobileenclosures

Fi_

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IonRL205 View Post
    Oh in your previous post you said "sealed kickers" so i thought you were referring to all kickers in general.
    No I didn't...

It's said that the L5 and L7's actually do work best in sealed boxes but not a fan of those anyways and their SQ *****. I'd just go ported 3-4ft^3 my friend has 2 CVX 12's running off 2500w daily in a 4.25^ft3 hitting 146's @ 32hz if that gives you any ideas.
    That was my first response... my second one states Kicker subs as a whole but then I reiterate and say "square subs" I mean instead of trying to pick fights with me about my "bs claims." you should read a little better, and I'm pretty sure what I said about L5's and L7's is true, regardless if you want to believe it or not.

winkychevelle is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

my comps are doing pretty good at the moment. two tens in a down fire box with 1.13 cubes a piece throw in around 6-700w and i can honestly say my truck peaks at 32hz windows up and 28hz windows down. the song "i put on" will actually shake my dash pretty good. most people dont expect 2 10s flexing my roof

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel
    Big sq install on the horizon if money stays good
    2012 Nissan Versa Hatch
    Deadened but stock, girls ride now

Fi_

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedwitt View Post
    He would know much more about being loud with Kickers than I would.
    Just because you run the best subwoofer kicker has to offer doesn't mean you can talk **** like they own everything, anything less than a Solo-X is almost laughable for the price... Square subs are joke and are structurally not sound, they tear at the corners almost always before thermal limits, I just don't like them because they have become a cheap overpriced mainstream brand that people buy for the name.

I'm sorry but I'll put my DC Level 3's against any Kicker below a SOLO-X and I bet money I'll win, and these are DC's lowest line of subwoofers and I'm no pro. I built the same box for my 15's for 2 CVX's basically ran off 2500w and I beat them off 800w, so take it how you want man... I'd take DC over Kicker any day anytime even IF they cost more.

Joseph7195 is online now Can't Walk, I still F*ck

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

WTF is going on in here? Anybody read Mobile's comment at all? He answered the question. Participation in a forum is great and all, but hearsay helps nobody in the tech section. Start a thread in the dome about who has the most nuthuggin abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by adulbrich View Post
    We don't have food stamps on the east side. Its called a link card. Man, the grocery is packed on the first of da month. I shit you not, a homie got stabbed over a can of soup.

15. Thanks xmakeafistx thanked for this post
    VisceralSound is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by My Boy Blu View Post
    If i made a box for the Type R's how should i do it. I'd rather just built a box for them if i can make it right.
    Be cool like me, 9.8cft @roughly 1400watts

Don't know how it would work with the type R, design was my Mobile, so far my ghetto rigged not 100% sealed Type R 12" running off of a REALLY powerhungry Rockford Fosgate 300watt amp, can hit the lows pretty **** well but it rattles since its not sealed all the way because I'm waiting on my 15 to come in so LOOOWWs don't sound as good.

References: BigSix,

This industry is about innovation and setting your own path

tRiGgEr is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What if the moon was a subwoofer and the galaxy is a IB environment.

I just contributed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobydoo View Post
    Before poking fun at others at least learn to spell. I won't go into all the gammar mistakes!
    Irony?

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Your sig... Im trying to figure out if you think he spelled grammar wrong. Because, he didn't. Irony indeed.

Exist_ential is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

here here, only reason i finished reading this thread was to see if someone would even bother to ack Mobile.

HU-- Jensen vm9224bt double din
    Sub -- T3 TSS custom built by Corey Dean
    Amp -- American Bass XD3000

refs: mylows10, princ3cmo, cthedinger, cjwoods, nuboot, evilsaint, skaraudio x2, brodeisel, omegabunny x2, Louisiana_CRX

if i helped you out please remember to click thanks.

IonRL205 is offline DJ h4z4rdes IonRL205 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Excruci8 View Post
    i dunno man i've heard it from some credible people lately and I dont care much for kicker so its just that I really don't care... I've heard sealed kickers get loud and sound clean which is good considering it's a Kicker... and a Square sub. Also if you know so much why are you recommending boxes nearly twice as big as spec to a lot of people? I mean 8ft^3+ for a 15" SKAR on 1500wrms...

Not trying to pick a fight here but I would like an explanation as to why the sealed kicker is not as loud as a sealed ported other than 'It's ported of course it's louder.' that's not ALWAYS the case.

The design of the subwoofer and the enclosure requirements half the time warrant a sealed box, you see a ton of people running them sealed and still moving a ton of air. Kicker even STATES that they work really well in sealed enclosures... I'm just saying I need to be proved wrong before you can say "your an idiot move on." :-p
    Plus the CVX and CVR are just round versions of the square subs anyway, with a little more cone area. Kicker will get loud in ported, sealed is meh.

Headunit - Pioneer DEH-P8300UB
    Subs - None
    Sub Amp - 2x Crescendo 3kwp
    Front Stage - Polk Audio db651 Coaxial
    Front Amp - None

Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    Most properly done 15 inch subwoofers are not suited for car audio use simply due to box size requirements.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast