Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Silverado Build, DC, iPad dash, Jl Audio, Audioque, Keenwood, fiberglass, blowthrough

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Silverado Build, DC, iPad dash, Jl Audio, Audioque, Keenwood, fiberglass, blowthrough

Just bought a 01 Silverado last night and i bought it to make a huge profit off of it but now im thinking of keeping it and dropping my system in it... very tempting since I've been wanting a silverado forever, just would perfer a ext cab or a tahoe but we'll see what happens..

Info on the truck

2001 silverado 4.3 v6/manual everything
    ORIGINAL OWNER
    131,xxx miles
    Lowered 4-8 via DJM
    shaved tailgate and rollpan
    03+ tail lights
    cleared head lights
    ss mirrors
    colormatched everything
    custom black interior with some billet accesories

+ many more im forgetting, build should start within a week after i get it running, it was part of the reason i got it so cheap but EVERYTHING is there and labeled in bags so, anyways, pics will be up tonight weather permitting..

heres a sneak peak

anyways, equiptment list is in the sig and pics will be up shorty.. STAY tuned.

04murdalanche is offline Banned

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Re: Silverado Build, DC, iPad dash, Jl Audio, Audioque, Keenwood, fiberglass, blowthr

would've gotten some pics up today but this Texas weather is just nasty right now, hopefully its nicer tomorrow and I'll get some pics up

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Re: Silverado Build, DC, iPad dash, Jl Audio, Audioque, Keenwood, fiberglass, blowthr

as it sits..

started cleaning out the interior and removed the center jump seat.

bed just waiting for my system to be thrown in it!

shaved booty!

iPad dash, my favorite part..

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

finally got some progress pics. started my second iPad dash because I want it to be sideways rather than vertical

first off let me say that i HATE sanding this bezel because the previous owner was an IDIOT in the sense of, heres what im sanding off..

1)clear coat
    2)coat of ugly *** green
    3)sanded clear coat which is painted over a
    4)coat of red
    5)primer

then i get to the plastic.. ive spent 4 hours sanding at this point, AH! all i have to say is, thank the Lord for a DA sander, if i was doing this by hand.......

but heres some pics

after a hour and a halfs worth of sanding.

where it sits now, after about 3 and a half hours of sanding

took the factory mids out of the door. the surround was falling all over me when i took it out.. hahaha

heres some of my door speakers, top is the JL 5.25, middle is the Alpine type X midbass, and the factory speaker, still waiting on my 6.5 JL's

this is what I want my next ipad dash to look similar too.

TheUnderFighter is offline Beer Addict

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Just kind of a motto I always go by, if you really want something, it's worth the wait.
    If you really want an ext. cab or Tahoe, I would carry on with the plans to sell it for profit and put that money towards something you've always wanted.

2009 Hyundai Elantra - Budget Sound in Progress
    HU- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X994
    Fronts- Crescendo MP6 mids, Vifa Ring Radiator tweets on Arc KS300.4
    Subs- Single SA-10 on Mmats 2000.1 @ 1ohm
    Misc- 1/0 CCA from AT, Big 3 in Stinger HPM, and AT 60 mil deadener
    Bought from: Inferno333, select127, treesive, Kangaroux, DonH
    Sold to: coolest user, Psychodrama, MidgetClown, mr.tigger, av83

SourDeez is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnderFighter View Post
    Just kind of a motto I always go by, if you really want something, it's worth the wait.
    If you really want an ext. cab or Tahoe, I would carry on with the plans to sell it for profit and put that money towards something you've always wanted.
    yup

Headunit - Stock cassette player - Pioneer P9400
    Front Stage - Pyle 8 inch subs (1000 watt peak!!) - Polk DB6.5 (about to be CDT 6.5s)
    Rear stage - Deleted (stolen) - Deleted
    Sub stage - custom built 15 inch sony xplod (5k watt peak!!!) (huge box) - Two SA12's built by Corey
    Sub amp - Pyle 8000w peak!! (spl edition) - AQ2200
    Electircal - 35 amp alt from ford festiva upgrade, stolen battery, 28 gauge solder coil for my cable - Dual D34 Yellows, 1/0 trystar OFC, 135amp alt

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnderFighter View Post
    I might put it up for sale first and just see what someone would give me for it.. we'll see. but i mean i like the truck a lot now.. the reason i didnt want a single cab before was because I thought I'd feel cramped up in it but supirisingly I don't.. so we'll see..

SourDeez is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

So if your subs are in the bed do you port them thru the metal into the cabin?

Headunit - Stock cassette player - Pioneer P9400
    Front Stage - Pyle 8 inch subs (1000 watt peak!!) - Polk DB6.5 (about to be CDT 6.5s)
    Rear stage - Deleted (stolen) - Deleted
    Sub stage - custom built 15 inch sony xplod (5k watt peak!!!) (huge box) - Two SA12's built by Corey
    Sub amp - Pyle 8000w peak!! (spl edition) - AQ2200
    Electircal - 35 amp alt from ford festiva upgrade, stolen battery, 28 gauge solder coil for my cable - Dual D34 Yellows, 1/0 trystar OFC, 135amp alt

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SourDeez View Post
    So if your subs are in the bed do you port them thru the metal into the cabin?
    Yes through a hole you cut.

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

I always wanted to do a blow-through...

Looks like a fun project!

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?6722-KHA-2014-Accord-Sport-SQ-Factory-Integration
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
    I always wanted to do a blow-through...

Looks like a fun project!
    this will be my first in both endeavors.. (blow-through and a project vehicle)

im excited!

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

remember that you cannot couple the cab and bed - those need to flex independently unless you substantially change the chassis.

this means you want someting resilient between the enclosure in the bed and the opening in the cabin. you're trying to make a waterproof membrane, so keep thinking about something that is water-tight. i've seen blow-throughs done well and poorly. the poor one ruined the truck. you destroy value with this anyway, so have fun. just be very aware of the issues with bed movement and water ingress.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?6722-KHA-2014-Accord-Sport-SQ-Factory-Integration
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

wenn_du_weinst is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I think what makes or breaks a blow through is the prep and planing you put into it. Also having a good hookup on camper weatherstripping is a plus.

I am protesting Skar by giving them added exposure in my signature.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
    remember that you cannot couple the cab and bed - those need to flex independently unless you substantially change the chassis.

this means you want someting resilient between the enclosure in the bed and the opening in the cabin. you're trying to make a waterproof membrane, so keep thinking about something that is water-tight. i've seen blow-throughs done well and poorly. the poor one ruined the truck. you destroy value with this anyway, so have fun. just be very aware of the issues with bed movement and water ingress.
    you put accoridan boot inbetween the cab and bed and then you silicone it therefore making it weather proof...

and no you do not ruin the value of the truck if you know what you're doing, because you keep the metal you cut out, whenever you sell the truck or take the system out, you reweld those pieces back into place, put bedliner over it so the buy will never know the difference.. easily made back to a stock truck... im not doing the cutting. a guy I know who builds cars and does audio in SEMA vehicles is assisting me in this build..

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wenn_du_weinst View Post
    I think what makes or breaks a blow through is the prep and planing you put into it. Also having a good hookup on camper weatherstripping is a plus.
    amen to the camper weather stripping, lol.. im still searching for a source to buy some from

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

good point about re-welding the hole. most people won't worry about that...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast