Well I get bored easily, and I enjoy building enclosures so heres another one I'm building for myself. I went a little overboard on the ports but I like em big.
The net internal volume after sub and port displacements is 1.4^ ft. The overall design is large due to me not wanting to have the ports sticking out so I'm making an internal wall to get the desired volume.
Ports are 4" Sewer Pipe, since I used two of them, the length was pretty long, 41.5" to be exact for 33hz tuning.
Modeled out in BBP6 I shouldn't need a SS filter due to the SA-8's not reaching max excursion till about 16hz but we'll see.
Using 3/4" Birch Plywood, first time using the stuff and ****, I think the weight difference alone vs MDF is worth its weight on gold.
On to some photo's, should be finished up tomorrow assuming it doesn't get to cold. Unfortunately I didn't really take a ton of photo's of the wood being cut into pieces, but heres some I've taken thus far.
yah, its long
cutting the holes for the internal side panel for the ports to go through the wall.
photo of the port exit on the physical side of the enclosure. I 45'd the outer portion, looking snazzy
inside of the port exit on the side,,I recessed it for the port to sit into the wood before the 45 on the outside.
I'll do more tomorrow, the front of back of the enclosure is glued up and setting in the garage drying.
take out current enclosure and take out the SA-8s
cut baffle and recess baffle
glue sides and baffle in place, then glue top panels