Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Help please - Noob Here! Preparing for 2002 Silverado Ext Cab system install

delunacomputers is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Help please - Noob Here! Preparing for 2002 Silverado Ext Cab system install

Hi everyone,

I must say I really like all the feedback and help that you guys provide on here. I am looking to install a full sound system in my truck during my vacation December 26 - January 2nd. I hope that this will be enough time to order any items I need and have them ready to install during that week. I found a ton of useful info reading the Silveradokid's "1999 Silverado Alpine Build"
    Below is some history on my past systems and far behind the times I am.

First system -
    95 2dr Civic - (2) PPI 10" Comps, (1) 6 Channel PPI Power Class amp, MB Quarts for the door speakers with a clarion HU.

2nd System -
    99 2dr Accord (2) JL 10" w3's, (2) JL amps, Memphis audio door speakers and Alpine HU.

I have had my truck since 02 and its been stock until last month. I had to install a Pioneer HU due to my stock deck going out. I know I need sound deadening, door speakers, amps but not sure which ones. I love loud crisp highs and clean bass...hope the ported box was not a mistake.

My current items-

(1) Used - Kicker 06S12L74 Solo-Baric L7 12-Inch 4-Ohm
    (1) New - lol - Custom Built Ported box that fires down
    (1) Used - Rockford Fosgate T400-2 400 Watt 2-Channel Amplifier
    (1) Pioneer HU ?? -

Not sure what the T400 amp should be used for?? What do you guys think about the "Rockford Fosgate Power T1652 6.5" Full Range Coaxial Speakers" but not sure if I could find something better and cheaper?

KyleBechtold is offline Buy my fuses $1.25ea

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Help please - Noob Here! Preparing for 2002 Silverado Ext Cab system install

if you can install component speakers do that instead of those coaxials..

clean bass isn't an L7s strong suit so be prepared for that..

Ca.com

Bought from: Sctattooer, Korn4Life, wgsj_fortvalley, bk12321, Queball, bumpincrv, Splmaster, 310w6, Buck, liljojo4711
    Everyone I have Bought from has been awesome.. feel safe with any of them..

Sold To: Iakona, dustinr, squeak12, Worstenemy453, BeAlLsTaR13, rmzsuzuki89, c_b_, mendon mafia, dropped_tb, SPLluminator, violence., power-fanatic07, schackel, michaellane, aviator08, kodak314, dropped_tb
    Ref Link
    Tamparacing
    -b15spec, 727kid, pshull727, Nt_Hardcore

Want/Need ANL fuses cheap 150a 200a 250a 300a
    CLICK ME

winkychevelle is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Re: Help please - Noob Here! Preparing for 2002 Silverado Ext Cab system install

whats going in my truck is in my sig. i cant wait to get my subs in. and build my amp cooling system

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel
    Big sq install on the horizon if money stays good
    2012 Nissan Versa Hatch
    Deadened but stock, girls ride now

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am getting ready to post some pics of my setup so far.

RangerDangerV2 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

watch it with those 06 l7s they tend to blow easier than the later models. If your interested I have 2008 15 l7 bought it brand new only been used for two hours. Id be willing to sell you the brand new 2011 dx1000.1 and a box for the l7. if you want pics just ask.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here are some pics of what I have so far.

Horrible Pic of my Truck - Night Shot
    Help please - Noob Here! Preparing for 2002 Silverado Ext Cab system install-02-silverado..jpg
    Images of my custom box.
    Help please - Noob Here! Preparing for 2002 Silverado Ext Cab system install-custom-ported-12-box..jpg
    Help please - Noob Here! Preparing for 2002 Silverado Ext Cab system install-custom-ported-12-box.c.jpg
    Help please - Noob Here! Preparing for 2002 Silverado Ext Cab system install-custom-ported-12-box.d.jpg
    Help please - Noob Here! Preparing for 2002 Silverado Ext Cab system install-custom-ported-12-box.e.jpg
    Help please - Noob Here! Preparing for 2002 Silverado Ext Cab system install-custom-ported-12-box.b.jpg
    My Deck
    Help please - Noob Here! Preparing for 2002 Silverado Ext Cab system install-pioneer-hu.jpg
    My Rockford Power T400-2 Amp
    Help please - Noob Here! Preparing for 2002 Silverado Ext Cab system install-rockford-power-t400-2.jpg

I know I am need a lot of stuff still and may not use everything I have listed. Any feedback is appreciated. I am interested in parts interior/exterior for my truck.

silveradokid is offline The Hope that lies WITHIN

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice to see another silverado build on here!! Did you build the box yourself and are you planning on carpeting it? Also where do you plan to mount your amp? If you have any questions hit me up. Good luck on your build

"Take Your Flame, and IGNITE the world"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had the box built by a carpenter that does custom work. I like the idea of mounting the amps like you did. I need help picking out my highs and mids.

smgreen20 is offline phoenixphorum-com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

6 1/2"s will drop right in and yes you can do separates in the doors as another poster suggested.

Here's my Y2K Sierra.
    My truck pictures by smgreen2043 - Photobucket

Car Audio Message Forum - CarStereo.com

My install
    http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998

10. Thanks delunacomputers thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mounting the amp like I did was not difficult at all, if you have questions just PM me. As far as speakers are you wanting component or coaxial speakers? I prefer components, and I really like the Diamond Audio D151's. I found some on ebay brand new for $60, which is not a bad deal for a pair of 100rms speakers. The rear speakers on the silverado I think are 5x6, if you want to put 5.25" in there you would just need to build a baffle like I did. I would suggest a baffle over trimming the speaker whole in the sheet metal, because a baffle gives you a much better seal around the speaker. Are you going to power your speakers via HU or amp?

12. Thanks delunacomputers thanked for this post
    smgreen20 is offline phoenixphorum-com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rear speakers are 4x6. Typo perhaps?

My install
    http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I want to run a amp to all my speakers. I bought the Rockford Power t-400-2 not knowing what I would use it for. I need a good amp for my 12" and not sure if the t400 would be a good choice for the door and rear speakers. Would anyone recommend a Power CAPACITOR?

jolly_26 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Would anyone recommend a Power CAPACITOR?
    No, just do the big 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smgreen20 View Post
    Rear speakers are 4x6. Typo perhaps?
    Yes typo, thank you! Also no on the capacitor, I had one before in my old set up it didn't do much. And 2 channel amp will work for your speakers, that's how my old set up was and it sounded good. A four channel would be better, but I believe a 2 channel will work you would just hook one side up to one channel and the other side up to the other. The only thing I have to complain about my amp is that at 100rms per channel I have to find high rms speakers, which are hard to find within my price range.
    Also if you have questions, smgreen knows what he's talking about and he's more than willing to help. He helped me out a bunch on my build. If you haven't done yet, I'd check out his build, its really nice and will give you some ideas.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds good. Starting to think I may have put this thread in the wrong section. lol

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast