re: 75 Buck Truck Build Log.

Nope it was free

Bassin Buick is offline Banned

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Prepping for the small local show at USF campus tomorrow. Should be fun , and LOUD!! Here's some pics of what i'm bringing to the show.

THE CRAPTACULAR 75 BUCK TRUCK!!

The OMG Horn (This Sucker Is LOUD!!!!!!) It's a EV Midrange Compression Driver With A 2" Voice Coil , On A Jensen Horn Thats Roughly Over 1 foot tall and 2 Feet Wide. It's AWESOME!!

Yes , i know i shouldnt be using that battery. But it is strapped down now , my windows stay down , and if it leaks...........WHO CARES?? Its a 75 dollar truck!!!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I took this the other day , my daughter is the shit!! No doubt she is daddy's girl.

Louisiana_CRX is offline dem shoes......

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Re: 75 Buck Truck Build Log.

How'd it do at the show ?

Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3
    StreetBeat 2................... 145.6
    Stock 1801-up.................153.8
    SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2
    Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana_CRX View Post
    How'd it do at the show ?
    it shocked everyone who sat in it , and i got a little cocky with it and slinkyed the coil on the 12. But no worries , i have some really cool things about to go in this sucker.

BUILD LOG UPDATE!!!

Well the MOFO 12 is in its final resting place. It was a pretty decent sub considering its manufacturer and original price. Now i'm temporarily using an adaptor plate and a 10" driver from a Klipsch Powered Home Theater Sub that a friend of phatboi's found roadside. And this sub will be seen in the future , thats a guarantee. It's only a 10" driver that was originally powered by 200 watts. I'm sending considerably more power to it and it takes it like a champ. It moves some serious air for such a small (2" or 2.5" coil , motor is the size of a Kicker CVR motor) sub. But it digs deep and because of the design the coil will not bottom out. Best part is how musical it is compared to the MOFO. It deserves to be in a budget SQ build , very nice driver.

FRONT STAGE UPDATE!!

I'm about to ditch the current front stage and install 2 RE audio 6.5's , 2 Selenium 6.5's , and a single DB drive P5TW In each door. And gonna try my hand at glassing 2 RE Audio Dome Tweeters in each A-Pillar. Will eventually get my hands on another AP2004 , but until then i think i'll power all RE's on the front using the RE passive crossovers , and the seleniums and DB drives on the Rear channels of my current AP2004.

SUB STAGE UPDATE!!!

Well today i just got my hands on a MMATS Procast 10 that needs a surround. So because of my VERY limited budget i'm gonna buy a surround for it and run it temporarily.
    But when i have a little more funds i'm gonna make use of the 15" basket i also got tonight and buy some nice softparts and use the MMATS Procast motor to build a stout 15 that should easily take 1500+ daily. And after that is completely installed and finished i think i will end the install phase and focus on the enjoyment phase of this build. Heres a few pics of the horns , the klipsch SQ surprise , the MMATS procast , and i relocated my amps to a safer (but terrible place for adjustment) spot in the truck. Also in the works is a nice AGM batt from posey's or square deal , and the entire electrical system will be replaced with 1/0.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

BTW , i'm still under $150 invested total , but after i build this 15 , replace the radiator , and put new tires on it i'll probably have around 500 total invested. Make that 600 , gonna possibly do a blowthrough , so i can regain the use of the rear seats.

Imtjnotu is offline Me Gusta Edition

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)

what is up with the confederate flag

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    what is up with the confederate flag
    During the solicitation for the second national flag, there were many different types of designs that were proposed, nearly all making use of the battle flag, which by 1863 had become well-known and popular. The new design was specified by the Confederate Congress to be a white field "with the union (now used as the battle flag) to be a square of two-thirds the width of the flag, having the ground red; thereupon a broad saltier of blue, bordered with white, and emblazoned with mullets or five-pointed stars, corresponding in number to that of the Confederate States.

But in this situation it was pure irony. Someone on facebook said anybody who drives a truck that ugly must be a hillbilly redneck , so i duct taped the entire enclosure and bolted a rebel flag on it. When the blowthrough is done i'll leave the duct tape and dixie out of the build.

Spooney is online now Premium Member Spooney is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Pretty nice earthquake amp you have there. I miss that ***** !

KnightWhoSaysNI is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Updates???

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

nope. truck is illegal and my license is suspended. but i am slowly gearing up for a all audiopipe install

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3