Closed Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Reload Thread: Kangaroux's 99 Pathfinder

Kangaroux is offline I put on

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Re: Kangaroux's 99 Pathfinder

Pioneer came in today, waiting on Luke to get here so I can install it tonight. Will be putting my deadener this weekend. Need to pick up a wooden roller from lowes/HD first, and also need to pick up something to seal my door panels shut (they aren't pressed against the door very well and there are gaps on the edges which is leaking in a lot of air and is the biggest reason why I'm getting rattling). Thinking of using weather stripping or just using some silicone and sealing that up for good lol.

Also did a box design for the 4th order. Don't have cash right now to go out buying wood for it, so until I find a job this won't be getting built. Gonna use some of that cabinet grade ply they have at lowes and then do a glossy stain on it. Should look very naice

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

This isn't really an update, I'm just sharing some information for anyone who may be interested, but this is mainly out of boredom lol.

Like I mentioned before, my door panels aren't sealed tight at all. To solve this issue I got 2 rolls of some weather stripping from Lowes. Comes in a 10' roll, there are tons of sizes to choose from (I went with 3/4" wide by 7/16" thick). Roll costed me around $3 and it has an adhesive on one side. If you are looking to seal up your doors or maybe even seal up around your speaker adapters I highly suggest this stuff.

Also for those of you who need a roller for deadener but have trouble finding one, Lowes has a roller in the wallpaper section. The roller itself is hard plastic and the handle is plenty thick so it is plenty durable. The roller is about 1 1/4" wide so it will be relatively easy to get into tighter spots. This costed me $2...a very useful investment unless you want to put the deadener on by hand

If you plan on using the weatherstripping for speaker adapters you might want to get something a little bit more thinner (around 5/16" probably) just so you can make sure the adapter still attaches fine.

This is what the roller looks like...

3. Thanks The_Grimy_One thanked for this post
    galacticmonkey is offline Wants a button like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice, a friend of mine had a Pathfinder just like yours. Had 2 15s no wall and it was nasty loud for a no-wall setup. Was 2 BTL 15s on 6k. Back seats fit in and everything. Box was built by BHE (Robin) and the truck bassraced a 149.9 a few times at like 30hz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5dQe...ubRHc_q9TD_qtb

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Sweet. The biggest problem I'm running into is even though I put deadener on stuff all that rattling and flex just goes somewhere else lol. It's very hard to get rid of all of this rattling (a lot of it is stuff I can't even control, like the window rolling down a bit when the bass hits and then it slaps the top of the door)

Fi-brations is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Just read this entire thread, sweet build log man, more pics!

Head Unit: Eclipse CD7000
    Front Stage: HAT Legatia L6V1, Clarus C1
    Front Stage Amplifiers: Xtant 4180c, 2100b
    Sub Stage: IA Flatlyne 18" For Sale
    Subwoofer Amplifier: Alpine MRV-1507 For Sale
    StarMountainSound Box
    Business with: davidtemple(x2), infamous_e46, Bettrn'Reverse, splaudio, TaylorFade, Tallc, Louisiana_Crx, RidnClean, b.mena, Mike Burke, Gameovercca, Ram_Designs, Double 07

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Sorry for the lack of updates guys it's been pretty cold here and I haven't had much motivation to go outside lol.

Went to Lowes and picked up a few things that I'll be using at some point. Grabbed some rubber stoppers, 1/4" bolts and wing nuts, some more of that weather stripping and other misc. junk

With the rubber stoppers, I put them in the table vice and cut them in half. With those pieces, I used them to mount my amp onto the box. I'm pretty paranoid about mounting any kind of electronic equipment to my box, not because the box is poorly built but just because I don't trust it. So that is the reason I did the rubber feet. The reason I mounted the amp onto the box was actually so I could move the box back further from the hatch.

Don't remember if I said this or not already but I got a Pioneer MVH-8200bt. Comes with 4v preouts, built in blue tooth, full color LCD screen, video playback, etc. Best part is my ipod works great with it. No more skipping like my IDA was doing.

After having done my driver door and hatch this is how much deadener I have left over

And after I deadened the roof I had this much left over

Got the headliner off. Roof was actually a lot more braced than I thought it would be, and the way that the roof was braced pretty much deadens it (they put spray foam in between the bracing and the roof). Thus, I didn't need to go too crazy with the deadener

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

The biggest thing that's bugged me about the pathfinder is that the headliner is NOISY. Any note around 40hz (which happens to be my peak, coincidence?) causes the headliner to flap around a lot and it slaps the top of the roof and makes this extremely loud noise. So I took some good old weatherstripping and lined the roof with it. By the way, it hasn't been a hassle to get the headliner back on after putting the foam in. It compresses enough to not be a problem.

Started to get the headliner back on but it was getting dark out and the temperature was dropping pretty fast so I called it quits for today

Also, cat:

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

By the way, does anyone know how to remove the trim ring around the pioneer? I can't get my dash to snap in all the way cause the trim ring sticks out too much (on the sides). It looks like the trim ring can be popped off with a flat head but I don't wanna risk breaking the whole front face of it.

Fi_
    Fi_ is offline King of Diamonds

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kangaroux View Post
    By the way, does anyone know how to remove the trim ring around the pioneer? I can't get my dash to snap in all the way cause the trim ring sticks out too much (on the sides). It looks like the trim ring can be popped off with a flat head but I don't wanna risk breaking the whole front face of it.
    Should pop right off mine does...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Really wish my camera picked up flex better....nearly everything is flexing now (on the inside at least)

12. Likes KnightWhoSaysNI liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Just ordered some power/ground wire for my rubicon 4.500, picked up some new RCA's (the ones I'm using are junk), new speaker and sub wire, and some 8 gauge terminals so I can wire up everything from the outside of the box. All of this should be coming in Monday and I'll try to get it all installed by Tuesday. After this it's time to really start looking for a job so I can afford to build the bandpass, though I'm going to have to get kind of creative with the employment options. Went to 25+ places the other day to pick up applications and only received about 5 applications in total, of those 5 all of them said they "weren't hiring but were accepting". Meh

Buck is offline always low Buck is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    253 Post(s)

You have sexy hands

Alpine - ASE (local) - Batcap - C&D Tech - CT Sounds - DC - eD - Excessive Amperage - Rainbow

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Alright so something is still rattling and I was playing around with some tones and found where the problem is. First, the panel on my hatch is missing a couple of those snap on pins and it's slapping around and leaking air into the back of the hatch (causes flex). Second, my rear windows crawl down ever so slightly when playing lows. The problem is they move down just enough to still be in the gap at the top of the door but also enough to let air in, so it slaps back and forth and makes a loud noise. Third, after deadening my roof it flexes a bit less but now my headliner moves more, so it's still slapping the roof. Unfortunately this means taking off my headliner AGAIN which is going to ****...I think I'm going to put that off for as long as possible lol

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Figured out the reason my door panel flexes so much. It's not because it doesn't attach well to the door, but it's because the whole inside of the door itself flexes a ton. Unfortunately there are so many curves it would be hard for me to brace it, especially without blocking the window. I was thinking of picking up some cheap resin and putting several coats on the door to stop it from flexing (not the outer shell but the inside). Any suggestions?

Also, running speaker wire through the grommets is a royal pain in the *** on this model (my 97 was moderately easy, this is just plain difficult). Does anyone have any experience with these newer pathfinders? The only way I will be able to do it easily is to take off the whole dash and I really don't feel like doing that

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast