Reload Thread: 91 Civic Hatch Back

xxxbasshead is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: 91 Civic Hatch Back

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnderFighter View Post
    Good pace going on this build log, I likes!
    thanks this build has actually gotten more interest than any in the past lol. i am a little behind were i had planned to be but im just happy its moving.

Car: 1991 Honda Civic Hatch
    HU:
    Front stage: Image Dynamics xs6.5 and tweeters
    Speaker Amp: Image Dynamics q450.4
    Subs: 4 Shok Triton 15s
    Sub Amp: Orion 2400xtr pros
    Electrical: boss load ho alt, yellow cap under the hood, 4 weker deep cycle batts
    bought from: evilsaint, gymfreak101, J31Rob, Valant_94gt,amartin_72, Audiofreak
    Sold to : lmllopez, roxj
    Traded with: LoggedOut, 99grandprix,DS Autosports,jasonjs,pieper88

GrindFrog is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I used to hate hondas with a passion. But for the last few days ive been looking for another car, and I have got a civic hatch at the top of my list. I like what you've done so far on yours.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

thanks, i felt the same way before i got mine.

HU:
    Electrical: boss load ho alt, yellow cap under the hood, 4 weker deep cycle batts

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

did a little more deadening last night after the series. didnt take any pics tho since it was very little that i did. the plan is to pull the passenger seat tonight and deaden under there to be ready to start running the ground and power runs tonight and over the weekend.

Do you guys think a single run of the ground and power will be enough or should i dbl up? the runs will not be very long it will be from the front battery to the fuse holders that will be either right under or right beyond the rear passenger seat. the wire will be knu kca 0 gauge.

HU:

sacsking916 is offline stayin high an loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xxxbasshead View Post
    did a little more deadening last night after the series. didnt take any pics tho since it was very little that i did. the plan is to pull the passenger seat tonight and deaden under there to be ready to start running the ground and power runs tonight and over the weekend.

Do you guys think a single run of the ground and power will be enough or should i dbl up? the runs will not be very long it will be from the front battery to the fuse holders that will be either right under or right beyond the rear passenger seat. the wire will be knu kca 0 gauge.
    if you got the wire, might as well double up on it. instead of having to do it again later. good thing they are only 13' or so runs

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    King James has nothing on King Sac!

audiobaun is online now Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

I have a 90 model,and it looks like a POS, but it runs good, and i have been getting 35-41 mpg on the gas,and thats at 75mph.Its a 1.5ltr,I recommend changing that PVC valve,or it will act as if its missing,and look into getting that black module in the fuse panel,as they tend to go bad,and the car wont start from time to time.I spent a crap load till I discovered it.and be sure if you do a motor swap,to get the ECU with it??? I have the 5speed,and it has 140K original on it, but it does fine for daily driving and cheap on gas man.If you get a cold air intake,make sure you get that bypass too in to keep the water from entering the throttle body,as it will shut you dont just hitting a puddle of water..like $50 or so??Fun little cars though!!! I just need a drivers side door,and another paint job,really,and it will be fine.Best thing..its paid for,and no monthly car pmt with that bs interest tagged on.I will drive it till it dies..LOL

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audiobaun View Post
    I have a 90 model,and it looks like a POS, but it runs good, and i have been getting 35-41 mpg on the gas,and thats at 75mph.Its a 1.5ltr,I recommend changing that PVC valve,or it will act as if its missing,and look into getting that black module in the fuse panel,as they tend to go bad,and the car wont start from time to time.I spent a crap load till I discovered it.and be sure if you do a motor swap,to get the ECU with it??? I have the 5speed,and it has 140K original on it, but it does fine for daily driving and cheap on gas man.If you get a cold air intake,make sure you get that bypass too in to keep the water from entering the throttle body,as it will shut you dont just hitting a puddle of water..like $50 or so??Fun little cars though!!! I just need a drivers side door,and another paint job,really,and it will be fine.Best thing..its paid for,and no monthly car pmt with that bs interest tagged on.I will drive it till it dies..LOL
    ha ha thanks for the advice, yea i plan on running this car into the ground i have already gotten offers to buy it but this thing is mine til it goes to the junk yard.

on another note made some good progress this weekend

Deadened under the passenger and drivers seat

and if that is not enough progress i also did all 4 runs from the front battery to the rear area

i have the 2 ground runs going to a D block and the hot runs to fuses

today if i dont get out of work to late i am gonna try to run the rcas and speaker wire for the comps so i could get my seats back into the car

HU:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audiobaun View Post
    i've had several of these civics in these years and never once had any troubles like you have had

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xxxbasshead View Post
    ha ha thanks for the advice, yea i plan on running this car into the ground i have already gotten offers to buy it but this thing is mine til it goes to the junk yard.

on another note made some good progress this weekend

Deadened under the passenger and drivers seat

and if that is not enough progress i also did all 4 runs from the front battery to the rear area

i have the 2 ground runs going to a D block and the hot runs to fuses

today if i dont get out of work to late i am gonna try to run the rcas and speaker wire for the comps so i could get my seats back into the car
    did you fuse right off the front battery and before the rears???

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

ran the rcas last night, when i went to put my seat back in i noticed that some of the bolts were not holding very well. gonna go to HD to see if i can take care of that issue tonight

HU:

Imtjnotu is offline Me Gusta Edition

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)

jessie..........

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

without the i.........but yes.... lol

HU:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)

jissiii

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

HU:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)

finish ur build send me my ti pro and my TI now....

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast