Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 103

Reload Thread: 96 Vic build

  1. #46
    jcp420's Avatar
    jcp420 is offline Member



    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 96 Vic build

    car looks **** good.







  2. #47
    alsa2009's Avatar
    alsa2009 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 96 Vic build

    Quote Originally Posted by budahbuddy803 View Post
    you are in spartenburg huh? I'm about 50min away. may have to meet up if the OP is close also. Planning on going to the spring bling thing at the anderson speedway?
    I was looking at that earlier today. I really wanna hit some outta town shows but 3 hours i a bit much for me. Especially heading up north, dont know how thick the car
    scence is. Now I'll take a 3 hour trip to Florida cause I know the show gone be flooded with hot rides. If yall decide to go take pics and post them cuz lol



    HU: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD
    Front Stage: 6 Kicker KS60's-2 Kicker KS6x8's 4 KS13 tweeters
    Back Stage: 6 Kicker KS60's-2 Kicker KS6x9's
    Amps: 2 Kicker ZX1500.1's 2 Kicker ZX850.2's
    1 Kicker ZX650.4 1 Kicker ZX350.4
    Subs 4 Kicker l7 12's 4ohm DVC
    Alt: Mechman 270xp 6G
    Batterys: Optimas (Red&Yellow Top)
    2 Runs of Stinger HPM 0ga

  3. #48
    alsa2009's Avatar
    alsa2009 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 96 Vic build

    Quote Originally Posted by sacsking916 View Post
    My sub is 2500w. Those zzz amps are 1 ohm stable so after rise I can gurantee they are seeing 1k. I'm tuned to 33hz and it loves the lows, my hatch hates it but I love it.
    Are you talking about the ZX amps or does Kicker have another line of amps out. My two 08 Kicker ZX1500.1's are rated at being ONLY 2ohm stable but Im running
    them lower than normal. Which I spoke with Aziz from Kicker and he told me it was fine as long as my frequency was turn down on the amps



    HU: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD
    Front Stage: 6 Kicker KS60's-2 Kicker KS6x8's 4 KS13 tweeters
    Back Stage: 6 Kicker KS60's-2 Kicker KS6x9's
    Amps: 2 Kicker ZX1500.1's 2 Kicker ZX850.2's
    1 Kicker ZX650.4 1 Kicker ZX350.4
    Subs 4 Kicker l7 12's 4ohm DVC
    Alt: Mechman 270xp 6G
    Batterys: Optimas (Red&Yellow Top)
    2 Runs of Stinger HPM 0ga

  4. #49
    sacsking916's Avatar
    sacsking916 is offline stayin high an loud



    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    emerald triangle..home of da trees
    Posts
    6,428
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: 96 Vic build

    I hear ya bro. 2 of the xs would be loud bro.




    TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    King James has nothing on King Sac!

  5. #50
    sacsking916's Avatar
    sacsking916 is offline stayin high an loud



    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    emerald triangle..home of da trees
    Posts
    6,428
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: 96 Vic build

    Quote Originally Posted by alsa2009 View Post
    Are you talking about the ZX amps or does Kicker have another line of amps out. My two 08 Kicker ZX1500.1's are rated at being ONLY 2ohm stable but Im running
    them lower than normal. Which I spoke with Aziz from Kicker and he told me it was fine as long as my frequency was turn down on the amps
    They have neweer lines now. I have learned to not listen to any of the kicker techs. Just a heads up.




    TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    King James has nothing on King Sac!

  6. #51
    bamaboy1987's Avatar
    bamaboy1987 is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    warner robins,ga
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 96 Vic build

    **** that **** looks good as f***....... got me thinking bout what i wanna do with my 95......... and i would agree with sacsking916 about just going with two solo's think about it the more speakers the more air each speaker will need not saying it aint gonna slam but you know just like anybody knows about the early 90's model we are very limited on air space thats why i rolled with 2 memphis quad 1 subs now gotta find a amp to push these bad boys had a power acoustik 5500 a lot of people give me h*** about them but at a car and bike show this past sunday in albany,ga my front windshield was flexin when a dude came up and said how much for the system i told him its not for sale proud of my system but mad cause amp blew same day...lol




  7. #52
    alsa2009's Avatar
    alsa2009 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 96 Vic build

    Quote Originally Posted by sacsking916 View Post
    They have neweer lines now. I have learned to not listen to any of the kicker techs. Just a heads up.
    I had pretty good result as far as listening to them. They gave me the box design for my current setup which yield good results. Unless you know something
    I dont let me know whats up. Their techs are pretty helpful to me



    HU: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD
    Front Stage: 6 Kicker KS60's-2 Kicker KS6x8's 4 KS13 tweeters
    Back Stage: 6 Kicker KS60's-2 Kicker KS6x9's
    Amps: 2 Kicker ZX1500.1's 2 Kicker ZX850.2's
    1 Kicker ZX650.4 1 Kicker ZX350.4
    Subs 4 Kicker l7 12's 4ohm DVC
    Alt: Mechman 270xp 6G
    Batterys: Optimas (Red&Yellow Top)
    2 Runs of Stinger HPM 0ga

  8. #53
    alsa2009's Avatar
    alsa2009 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 96 Vic build

    Quote Originally Posted by bamaboy1987 View Post
    **** that **** looks good as f***....... got me thinking bout what i wanna do with my 95......... and i would agree with sacsking916 about just going with two solo's think about it the more speakers the more air each speaker will need not saying it aint gonna slam but you know just like anybody knows about the early 90's model we are very limited on air space thats why i rolled with 2 memphis quad 1 subs now gotta find a amp to push these bad boys had a power acoustik 5500 a lot of people give me h*** about them but at a car and bike show this past sunday in albany,ga my front windshield was flexin when a dude came up and said how much for the system i told him its not for sale proud of my system but mad cause amp blew same day...lol
    Lol I know all to well about the air space too. I agree witcha cuz, cause I dont like to see trunk cars cram with subwoofers and dont have adequate air space. The most I would do in my trunk is 4 12's ported, 2 15's ported, or 6 12's sealed, but im more of a ported guy sooo..Got some fellas round my way hyping a dude up cause he got like 8 12's (not all the same brand) in a box chevy. That trunk flexing and rattling dont mean nothing to me. I've been doing car audio for too long to be impressed by noise. I was to a show couple weeks back and me and this dude with a chevy was battling for the soundoff trophy. So he turn his system on, all you heard was trunk rattle no flex at all. So when I turned up mine, I had minimal rattle and alot of trunk flex cause my trunk and rear deck is dynamatted. I had a few guys standing at the back of the car saying yo car aint bamming like his car, but the crowd that was standing by the doors and in the front of the car, they felt the ground tremble and hi and mids where killin it. So making long story short, majority said I won, but dude was mad cause my hi and mids was drowning out his whole system. So what they did was they got one of the females that was hosting the car show, to sit in me and buddy car, windows up music going. Old girl had her ear covered with just the mid and hi's playin, and when bass notes started dropping she was reachin for the door latch. Hahaha in buddy car she was just sittin in there lol. All that trunk rattle and no music on the inside pish



    HU: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD
    Front Stage: 6 Kicker KS60's-2 Kicker KS6x8's 4 KS13 tweeters
    Back Stage: 6 Kicker KS60's-2 Kicker KS6x9's
    Amps: 2 Kicker ZX1500.1's 2 Kicker ZX850.2's
    1 Kicker ZX650.4 1 Kicker ZX350.4
    Subs 4 Kicker l7 12's 4ohm DVC
    Alt: Mechman 270xp 6G
    Batterys: Optimas (Red&Yellow Top)
    2 Runs of Stinger HPM 0ga

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Spartanburg, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 96 Vic build

    Quote Originally Posted by budahbuddy803 View Post
    you are in spartenburg huh? I'm about 50min away. may have to meet up if the OP is close also. Planning on going to the spring bling thing at the anderson speedway?
    I dont think the OP is as close as we are to each other. When is this event?
    Quote Originally Posted by alsa2009 View Post
    Lol I never had a problem wit my 3 solo 12's breaking latches. I think cause you had your subs on the two side shelves. But yeah I know it will be pretty loud, I
    was hittin 143 db's with the 3. Vic trunk are unlike any other trunk I know but subs and port up is really the only option I know for 4 12's. Hey if you have any
    pics of the inside postem up cuz wanna see how you have your kicker speakers staged.
    I just cut out holes in the door panels and mounted the speakers in there. Doesn't look as good as yours but its good enough.
    .

    This is how my box was facing and what it done to my latch.






    Headunit: Clarion nz500
    Front Stage: Kicker 6X8 (2) Kicker 5 1/4 (2)
    Rear Stage: Kicker 5 1/4 (2)
    Mid Amp: Hifonics Titan TXi 4408
    Sub Amp: Audiopipe 1500d
    Subs:Alpine Type R 10'' (2)
    Box: TBH 4th Order @ 45hz
    Wire: 1 run of 1/0awg Big 3 1/0awg
    Alt: Stock 130 amp

  10. #55
    alsa2009's Avatar
    alsa2009 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 96 Vic build

    Your doors clean man lol just clean and simple.Yeah you've done some damage to that latch. I never seen 4 12's in a Vic like that especially ported, how does it sound in the cabin of the car and what is your box tuned to.



    HU: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD
    Front Stage: 6 Kicker KS60's-2 Kicker KS6x8's 4 KS13 tweeters
    Back Stage: 6 Kicker KS60's-2 Kicker KS6x9's
    Amps: 2 Kicker ZX1500.1's 2 Kicker ZX850.2's
    1 Kicker ZX650.4 1 Kicker ZX350.4
    Subs 4 Kicker l7 12's 4ohm DVC
    Alt: Mechman 270xp 6G
    Batterys: Optimas (Red&Yellow Top)
    2 Runs of Stinger HPM 0ga

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Spartanburg, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 96 Vic build

    Thanks. It sounded great. It was a low note monster, thus the broken trunk latches. lol. I have a rectangular port cut in my rear deck so the air could come freely into the cabin. It was pretty loud flexed doors, windshield, shook ear drums, blurred vision, etc. you know the symptoms of loud. lol. This was the first latch that broke. Not only did the latches break but I kept having to get the metal that holds the latch welded because it kept splitting. The box was 7.8 cubes after displacements tuned to 33hz.



    Headunit: Clarion nz500
    Front Stage: Kicker 6X8 (2) Kicker 5 1/4 (2)
    Rear Stage: Kicker 5 1/4 (2)
    Mid Amp: Hifonics Titan TXi 4408
    Sub Amp: Audiopipe 1500d
    Subs:Alpine Type R 10'' (2)
    Box: TBH 4th Order @ 45hz
    Wire: 1 run of 1/0awg Big 3 1/0awg
    Alt: Stock 130 amp

  12. #57
    SourDeez's Avatar
    SourDeez is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Fuqy u
    Posts
    4,128
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

    Re: 96 Vic build

    JESUS BRO. You put some WORK into that vic. I would have done **** different but I totally appreciate all that work you did!

    I have a Grand marquis (newer style). All I did was add subs and run 1/0 and a single din headunit.

    How much was that alt?

    And how much of a ***** is that to take apart the dash? I wanna do the same thing for a double din (mines not 03) but that seems like a PAIN. I read that you can dremel it out, but I dont wanna do that




  13. #58
    alsa2009's Avatar
    alsa2009 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 96 Vic build

    Quote Originally Posted by CrownVicon24's View Post
    Thanks. It sounded great. It was a low note monster, thus the broken trunk latches. lol. I have a rectangular port cut in my rear deck so the air could come freely into the cabin. It was pretty loud flexed doors, windshield, shook ear drums, blurred vision, etc. you know the symptoms of loud. lol. This was the first latch that broke. Not only did the latches break but I kept having to get the metal that holds the latch welded because it kept splitting. The box was 7.8 cubes after displacements tuned to 33hz.
    Shoot I bet it was. But yeah I havent cut a port in the rear deck yet but I took out my 6x9's to get a feel for the sound pressure. Either Im lucky or they made my
    trunk outta some other type of metal lol. Oh I cant talk too fast tho my trunk is starting to split where the hinges are. I see that you changed your setup, so you
    running kicker comps now.



    HU: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD
    Front Stage: 6 Kicker KS60's-2 Kicker KS6x8's 4 KS13 tweeters
    Back Stage: 6 Kicker KS60's-2 Kicker KS6x9's
    Amps: 2 Kicker ZX1500.1's 2 Kicker ZX850.2's
    1 Kicker ZX650.4 1 Kicker ZX350.4
    Subs 4 Kicker l7 12's 4ohm DVC
    Alt: Mechman 270xp 6G
    Batterys: Optimas (Red&Yellow Top)
    2 Runs of Stinger HPM 0ga

  14. #59
    alsa2009's Avatar
    alsa2009 is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 96 Vic build

    Quote Originally Posted by SourDeez View Post
    JESUS BRO. You put some WORK into that vic. I would have done **** different but I totally appreciate all that work you did!

    I have a Grand marquis (newer style). All I did was add subs and run 1/0 and a single din headunit.

    How much was that alt?

    And how much of a ***** is that to take apart the dash? I wanna do the same thing for a double din (mines not 03) but that seems like a PAIN. I read that you can dremel it out, but I dont wanna do that
    Thanks cuz, yes I must admit, everytime I look at the thread it reminds me of all the work I did lol. That alternator is 450. I'll tell you like this, if you dont have patience
    dont mess with the dash. Man whoever design dashes made sure they wasnt gone to move. Then I had to drop 2 dashes, one to get the other air duct and mine to take the old air duct out and put the new one in. The part that had me nervous was after I got it painted and I had to put it back in by myself. If you have a 03 and up Merc
    or Vic they already have the double din opening so you straight.



    HU: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD
    Front Stage: 6 Kicker KS60's-2 Kicker KS6x8's 4 KS13 tweeters
    Back Stage: 6 Kicker KS60's-2 Kicker KS6x9's
    Amps: 2 Kicker ZX1500.1's 2 Kicker ZX850.2's
    1 Kicker ZX650.4 1 Kicker ZX350.4
    Subs 4 Kicker l7 12's 4ohm DVC
    Alt: Mechman 270xp 6G
    Batterys: Optimas (Red&Yellow Top)
    2 Runs of Stinger HPM 0ga

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Spartanburg, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 96 Vic build

    Quote Originally Posted by alsa2009 View Post
    Shoot I bet it was. But yeah I havent cut a port in the rear deck yet but I took out my 6x9's to get a feel for the sound pressure. Either Im lucky or they made my
    trunk outta some other type of metal lol. Oh I cant talk too fast tho my trunk is starting to split where the hinges are. I see that you changed your setup, so you
    running kicker comps now.
    If I were you I would cut a port in your rear deck it will definitely help the air travel into the cabin. Your trunk maybe made of a different kind of metal. Mine is a 94 same as 92 and 93. 95-97's are a little different than mine and 98+ is the newer body style. Yeah I went to a smaller temp setup. Looking at running 2 10's ported on 1500 watts under my rear deck. Just looking to sound good and have a little more outputI've been loud enough for my liking. That stuff was too heavy and I had not trunk space, so I could not take this car out of town with my family. I guess im getting old. lol.



    Headunit: Clarion nz500
    Front Stage: Kicker 6X8 (2) Kicker 5 1/4 (2)
    Rear Stage: Kicker 5 1/4 (2)
    Mid Amp: Hifonics Titan TXi 4408
    Sub Amp: Audiopipe 1500d
    Subs:Alpine Type R 10'' (2)
    Box: TBH 4th Order @ 45hz
    Wire: 1 run of 1/0awg Big 3 1/0awg
    Alt: Stock 130 amp

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum