Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Reload Thread: 150db trunk car Little attempt at big bass

sacsking916 is offline stayin high an loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Re: 150db trunk car Little attempt at big bass

you goin to salinas this sunday? or sac on saturday? dont put maxx watts bruh, looks silly

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    King James has nothing on King Sac!

kushy_dreams is offline The resident hippie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

OP if you are going to fire the subs forward into the cabin, you need to seal off everything around it or else you will have sound waves out of phase resonating into the trunk and bouncing cabin in the cabin giving you cancellation issues.

13 Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4T

http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/forum.php<

BOYCOTT SKAR AUDIO! SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES SHOULD NEVER BE ENCOURAGED!

Flastrongman is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

This thread is ridiculous. We all started somewhere, but come on. There's no need to upgrade your equipment yet. You have to get your electrical straight first. After that, work on box design and ask for help. There are many many people on here that have had good results with hifi 12's and the apsm1300. In my Jimmy I did a 144.2 @49hz with 2 hifi 12's and that amp. Out of a trunk I did a 140.2@43hz with 1 hifi12 and the ap at 2ohms.

Refs: diyma-sold to:Mazda3SQ CA.com-traded:matrxx dude CACO- Sold to: Ajax_6154, brandonb1029, TeejayBee traded with: papito FLSPL- Bought from:98chevySPL, JBLCAMRY, traded with:97montecarlo, thumpenranger

dbeez is offline Supporting Vendor dbeez is a Supporting Member of the forum!

dbeez is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

Best part of the first vid is the mustang in the background looks to need some help though

2002 suburban
    Security System Code alarm
    Electrical Dc power sp270 7 deka 9A31's and lots of 1/0
    Headunit pioneer 880prs
    Amps 2 Sax125.2 front stage crossfire xs8k@.5
    Wiring lots of 1/0 stinger, tsunami
    Mids & Tweeters 2 sets cdt m6+ mids 2 sets cdt tw25 tweets
    Subs 2-18" nightshade v2's d2
    System DetailsDaily driver.

BassAddictJ is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

we're gonne need a bigger boat....

.....and more power....i hope you have more than one of those newer MM's...

Team American Power Systems
    Pioneer Avic N5 Navi + CD-UB100 USB Adapter. RARE Circa 1996 PPI Ax606.2 in BLACK (1 of 400ish made) with 2 rare black graphic spacers.
    CDT DRT-25 1'' Silk Dome Tweeters / CDT ES-04 4'' Midranges / RE Audio XXX 6.5'' 2ohm Neo Mids In Glassed Kick Pods
    American Power Systems 240amp H.O. Alty / (2) Deka 8a31, 1/0 front to back.
    Unknown Prototype 3k @ 1ohm. TRF/PSI 8 layer 4in coil hybrid beast in 3 cubs @ 33Hz / Raammat 40sqft in the trunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunz View Post
    You could put 12V to my balls and clamp my dick to get 3kW+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
    Glad this got bumped so I could fap to it again.

myjaja is offline Audioque

San Antonio, Tx Posts: 143,632 _____<^>*_*<^>_____
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Its cool that youre trying hard to get into the 150 range out of the trunk, as so am I. I was hitting around 147 with a single 12" aq hdc4 off a sundown saz-3500d. That sub was probably seeing a good 1500-1900 out of that amp. This is off a trunk of a 96 honda accord.

I really hope you get to hear a car that can actually do 150 and up. It really isnt that easy, you need to put a lot of time and money into it.

Im planning to hit atleast 150 as well. Im getting a box built for two 12" hdc4's now off the same amp tuned to around 37 hz.. good luck man

Refs: sbcaprice305, mattmcss, systembumping, LeofromtheH, audiobahnuser18, stishdr, wcarson8911, jnoel, mr_kebo, 93 saturn sl2

HU: Home stereo converted to dc
    Speakers: Stock
    Subs: 6 1/2 home sub
    Amp: off the stereo
    Wiring: extended power cord
    neon lights: Christmas lights duct taped to frame

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok i have read alot of stuff in this thread of ppl saying this guy needs alot of power to do the 150 he aims for. that is just false i have a vfl 80.1 with 2 12" kicker L5's in the kicker prefab in the trunk doing a 146.0 with no problem. to give this guy advice give him some good ideas like box ideas or asking what his battiers are or what size power wire he is using and ground alot of ppl on here have alot of knowledge and a past in the car audio world. so i just want to tell you to keep at it you will get better and learn from your own mistakes. dont listen to the you need a 3500 sundown amp or a 4k or whatever. honestly my goal is a 150 at finals. i want ppl to tell me i need a big amp i compete in street stock A.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i need to clearify that im not tryin to down grade any one but the kid asked for help and mostly what he got is a bunch of bs of how he will not get a 150 out of his system which could be true or he could do some off the wall stuff and suprise alot of ppl all that matters is the car audio world is still growing. this kid does have alot of work he needs to do but atleast he has a drive to do something. at least he isnt being cocky and sayin his stuff is the loudest **** around like most kids.

mast240 is offline YOU'RE A HOOKER!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Holy dead thread

NEW TO CAR AUDIO? READ THIS FIRST... http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/532425-new-car-audio-read-first.html
    the loudest montero sport around
    head unit: toshiba thrive 10.1" android tablet/ Kenwood KVT-516
    front stage: each door: 1 8' RF p1 (midbass), midrange: 2 cadence cwm6.5's, 1 memphis pr 6.5 coax (kickplate), 1 cadence 4' coax (a-pillars)
    subs: 4 AQ HDC3 18'S, walled in a clamshell
    amps: subs: AB 500.1, looking for a second; midrange and midbass: 2 AP 1000.4

agarabaghi is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BassAddictJ View Post
    we're gonne need a bigger boat....

.....and more power....i hope you have more than one of those newer MM's...
    Ive got the boat with 2 apsm1300 and 2 SA 10s !

lilboom is offline Car stereo for fun

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so the next day of my last comp ,i goofed up and had my bass at +6 i think i was tring to adjust the mid back to 0 from -6 and wasnt paying to much attention and smoked my subs ...(was just thinking how my setup so fragile and slightest mistake could cause serious damage)

Wow back to the drawingboard.. I went to the db drag comp in sac buch of guys ther thor ,steve,many more (didnt get a chance to meet anyone i was being anti social not purposly) on the 10th..(no footage)i bassraced and got 2nd 129.9 , i belive and i got a 136 on burp and a 137 on music aciddentally lmao.(i busted in my second bass race run and got a 137.x)
    I didnt run a sweep so i dont know if my peak changed I burped at 45 hz for the 136.I probably should have tried lower hz but it slipped my mind.
    ..so with the new 4.4^3 net box i managed to do the same score a a lower freq. retuned my gains(to maxx or nearly ouput by dmm )and subs were hifonics hfx..

i dont think im going to run 2 mm4000's .

CAR STEREO INTALLATIONS Enclosures
    Custom car modifications

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unrreal sounds View Post
    ok i have read alot of stuff in this thread of ppl saying this guy needs alot of power to do the 150 he aims for. that is just false i have a vfl 80.1 with 2 12" kicker L5's in the kicker prefab in the trunk doing a 146.0 with no problem. to give this guy advice give him some good ideas like box ideas or asking what his battiers are or what size power wire he is using and ground alot of ppl on here have alot of knowledge and a past in the car audio world. so i just want to tell you to keep at it you will get better and learn from your own mistakes. dont listen to the you need a 3500 sundown amp or a 4k or whatever. honestly my goal is a 150 at finals. i want ppl to tell me i need a big amp i compete in street stock A.
    You will find that making a trunk car loud is not that easy. A good design/enclosure will get you a long way but even so you will need a large amount of power to do so.

In fact, in most cases with people who just start they think they can get 4-5 db with just a little work or little money. To be honest, that is in no way going to happen. Even though most of my SPL days(including world records) were done while I was fully sponsored it still took me a large amount of money/time to get to where I was.

A 150 is not that hard to achieve, but in no way easy for 90% of car audio enthusiasts.

lilboom is offline Car stereo for fun

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thabks everyone for there insight and comment i appreciate the help and effort. Although i was not going to do any major changes untile after 140+db I'm thinking my amp will bite my in the long run as running 2 was the budget route and just hoping to see 3kplus.As of now im looking to for 4k rms and a sub or 2 i was looking @ the new soundstream x3 it seems to be in a leauge of its own .

I am actually having a hard time with sub and amp chioce still

CAR STEREO INTALLATIONS Enclosures
    Custom car modifications

The_Grimy_One is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lilboom View Post
    Thabks everyone for there insight and comment i appreciate the help and effort. Although i was not going to do any major changes untile after 140+db I'm thinking my amp will bite my in the long run as running 2 was the budget route and just hoping to see 3kplus.As of now im looking to for 4k rms and a sub or 2 i was looking @ the new soundstream x3 it seems to be in a leauge of its own .

Talk with Subzero on here, he runs Soundstream and deff accomplished a 145+ trunk car.

Deck: Pioneer 80PRS
    Front Stage: Incriminator Audio I65C / Front Amp: Alpine MRV F540
    Sub: 12" Sundown ZV3 / Sub Amp: MMATS 2000.1
    Bought From: ge_off_me, Boomsday, Chemmins, impactas, Sleazebagger, NoPh33rRaCiNg, fasfocus00, 50cents, flastrongman, pborcich, ace_800, GAMEOVERCCA
    Sold To: Jamesmington, Juicee, Bunkrd you, Donnie Darko, ge_off_me, destined2race, todd131, Imjtnotu, mclerico83, aimology, Audiobahn, kpetree
    Traded With: ge_off_me, Imjtnotu

IonRL205 is offline DJ h4z4rdes IonRL205 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lilboom View Post

Do you even have the electrical to support a 4k watt amp?

Headunit - Pioneer DEH-P8300UB
    Subs - None
    Sub Amp - 2x Crescendo 3kwp
    Front Stage - Polk Audio db651 Coaxial
    Front Amp - None

Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    Most properly done 15 inch subwoofers are not suited for car audio use simply due to box size requirements.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast