Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: Fi Summer Rebuild.

MONSONwarrior is offline Constantly Rebuilding... MONSONwarrior is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: Fi Summer Rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    I think they box could've been a little better. The subs are fairly close to the port opening in the box, it looks like.
    They are pretty close but they really couldn't move very far away, maybe 3-4 inches

2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer LT
    Pioneer AVIC-U310BT | Eclipse SC6500 | MB Quart Q4.80
    (2) Fi BTL N2 12 in 4.5 cubes @ 33hz | Cactus K5 | XS D3100 & D3400 | Knu 0 Gauge | Big 3 | 250a Alt

Buck is offline always low Buck is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)

Not trying to rag on your setup, because it sure looks a lot better than mine. I just think a different style port may have been better.

Alpine - ASE (local) - Batcap - C&D Tech - CT Sounds - DC - eD - Excessive Amperage - Rainbow

MONSONwarrior is offline Constantly Rebuilding... MONSONwarrior is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    Not trying to rag on your setup, because it sure looks a lot better than mine. I would've just done a different style port.
    I had thought about it, but it isn't just straight SPL either. My only other option would have been a slot going up and down on the side of the face. I'm sure I'll end up changing it in a couple month when I'm back from school.

(2) Fi BTL N2 12 in 4.5 cubes @ 33hz | Cactus K5 | XS D3100 & D3400 | Knu 0 Gauge | Big 3 | 250a Alt

crucial24 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Nice install

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crucial24 View Post
    Nice install
    Thanks man.

Side note: I love XS. Drove around for about half an hour running full tilt and getting odd volt meter reads so I came home and found the crimp on my alternator pos came undone. So I was running battery power the whole time and they held up great.

slim2fattycake is offline rolling right along

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    153 Post(s)

I say aeroport it if you got the depth. Really don't like ports like that. What's your note? I'd do a right or left side facing back. And if you have a roundover bit, I'd roundover the right angles in your box like your braces. Just little things but can give you a win if it is close.

Amp rack is clean as hell though.

SPL-Lab REP

Want an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has more features and support? PM me.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slim2fattycake View Post
    I say aeroport it if you got the depth. Really don't like ports like that. What's your note? I'd do a right or left side facing back. And if you have a roundover bit, I'd roundover the right angles in your box like your braces. Just little things but can give you a win if it is close.

Amp rack is clean as hell though.
    Problem is I don't have the depth. Only 18.5 internal depth.

theMessenjah44 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Bend the port if you have to, I've experimented with different designs and I've had much better luck with a vertical port that runs top to bottom than I have with horizontal ports along the bottom or top.

Bought from: jamesw, dave_damage, ampjunkielikeme, JuicyJeff
    Sold to: DaBeholder, ampjunkielikeme, ax600, shackel. Worked with Rio

Team Edge Customs

Last year: '05 Ford Escape - Alpine 7995 - AllTsunami 1/0 - C&D batt 15" IA Warden (2) Audiopipe AQX-3500.1's at 1/4 ohm 151.3 outlaw
    This year: '92 Mazda 323 - C&D batt Batcap 4k, (6) Powerbass 15's (250rms each) (1) Audiopipe AQX-3500.1's at 1.3 ohm 152 outlaw
    Currently rebuilding Mazda with (4) American Bass HD 15's in a wall, 157?

30Hertz is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Very very ****!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theMessenjah44 View Post
    Bend the port if you have to, I've experimented with different designs and I've had much better luck with a vertical port that runs top to bottom than I have with horizontal ports along the bottom or top.
    That's the plan, just don't know when I'll be able to. After testing yesterday I was able to do 144.xx on a 30 sec average of music and 145.xx on a burp,
    so this leads me to believe the box has a very flat frequency response so I'll try something new when I have the time.

Quote Originally Posted by 30Hertz View Post
    Very very ****!
    Thanks man.

Flastrongman is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    274 Post(s)

Sweet install! I love everything so far except for the box. Could definitely be better but it sounds like you already know that. + that M3a would really come to life at .5ohm so I would agree that you're way underpowered.

Refs: diyma-sold to:Mazda3SQ CA.com-traded:matrxx dude CACO- Sold to: Ajax_6154, brandonb1029, TeejayBee traded with: papito FLSPL- Bought from:98chevySPL, JBLCAMRY, traded with:97montecarlo, thumpenranger

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flastrongman View Post
    Sweet install! I love everything so far except for the box. Could definitely be better but it sounds like you already know that. + that M3a would really come to life at .5ohm so I would agree that you're way underpowered.
    It does come to life at .5, I had it on one of the BTLs for awhile and I was doing 143.2 with that. I'm considering dropping to .25 and see how it does.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Well, dropped the M3a to .25 ohm today and she just gets a little protecty on a hot summer day and running full tilt music. but here's the testing results:

147.2 @ 42hz
    145.2 @ 32hz
    Street Beat 145.1 dropping to 12.1v at the lowest.

So I'm pretty pleased with the increases. And as far as voltage goes, dropping to 12.1v is because in SB you can't rev the engine so that's straight battery power holding it for 30sec. This just kinda shows me I need a bigger amp in the long run because I don't really wanna do .25 all the time, but for now I'm keeping it wired that way and turning down the sub control on the HU until it's comp time.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

A small update: Tomorrow morning I'm going to pick up a Cactus K5 locally.. for 600 bucks and the DD M3a is sold to a friend of mine to run on his SA-15's. Tonight I'm heading to Menards to pick up a couple sheets of birch to build a new box and batt/amp rack, just gotta finalize a design.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Tag List