Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Reload Thread: 1999 Silverado Alpine Build

silveradokid is offline The Hope that lies WITHIN

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 1999 Silverado Alpine Build

Got a lot done today, the carpentry aspect of the box is complete, it just needs to be glued together. I will have it all glued up tomorrow and hopefully will get to hear it on Wednesday!
    Cut out the holes for the sub, test fitting:

Checking the mounting depth, the sub clears just barely.

Since, there is a pole-vent in the magnet I need some more room, or I just took a precaution and gave it some more room to breath:

It has about an 1.5" behind the magnet, I think it will suffice, it will have to regardless. I got everything wired in to mount, and to check the excursion, I was concerned about the space I had between the subs and the floor.

Since my concern became a reality, I decided that I was going to raise the box some, so I tacked on 1/2" birch on the bottom. It's kinda hard to see in this picture, but you still can see, the birch is a lighter color.

Now I test fitted it one more time, and the see latches down, which is great! However since it was putting a lot of pressure on the bottom of the seat I raised it a 1/2" with some birch. I don't think the birch compromises the structural integrity of the seat, but the nuts for the seat had less bolt to grab onto as a result. I'm not sure if it is a problem with the 1/2" riser, the nuts did sink down quite far onto the bolts. I think I will run a router along the mounting depth risers and sand them down some to try to make it an easier fit on the seat.

"Take Your Flame, and IGNITE the world"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Box is all glued up, I spent all day working on it. I ended up using liquid nails because I thought it would work best to fill any gaps.

I went a little overkill with the caulking, but I figured I couldn't it wouldn't hurt to have a lot. I wanted to make sure every hole and space was filled, so i went all out. It doesn't look so pretty on the outside, but it will be carpeted.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Was able to finish up with the box today, minus the carpeting.

If you are wondering what the white spots are, they are just filler I used to fill some of the screw holes I pilot drilled too deep.
    Getting it wired so I could throw it in the truck

Time for subwoofer #2

All wired up and screwed together

And Finally, what we've all been waiting for............................................... .................................................. .................................................. ............................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................a photo of my trusty companion/helper
    Yeah he's a mess, decided he wanted lay down in all the sawdust.

Anyways here's a pic of it in the truck

ejschultz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

That's looking pretty killer. Keep up the good work!

94 Caprice Classic LS: DEH-P800PRS, TS-C720PRS, MRV-F545, MRD-M1005, 2 Fi X 12s in 2.5 net cubes sealed; 97 Grand Cherokee TSi: CDA-9855, TS-D1720C, MRV-F345, MRD-M605, SWX-1043D in .54 net cubes sealed

Resident Jeep Expert, Mother Fucker

Falcons is offline that **** i dont like

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Pretty much ****** lol. Should sound real good. Especially in a truck

Things to look forward to:
    (2) 10" or 12" imperium audio designs subs
    set of PHD MF 6.5" comps
    Completely seal off and deaden my doors
    aquire a 2k amp
    aquire a 2 channel amp for front stage

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks guys! I'm pretty pleased with the way it sounds, it's very loud, a lot louder than I thought it would be with a sealed enclosure. I have some tinkering to do though, it doesn't sound very good listening to rock so hopefully I can do some tuning and make it sound a little better. I'm very pleased with the pdx, its very efficient. I don't have the big 3, nor do I have an extra battery or upgraded alternator, yet the lights don't dim and the volts are able to remain at a or very close to 14 when the subs are hitting.

winkychevelle is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

what did the specs on the box turn out to be if you dont mind me asking? im guessing 2 cubes?

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel
    Big sq install on the horizon if money stays good
    2012 Nissan Versa Hatch
    Deadened but stock, girls ride now

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is a good question, I never actually calculated it out. I feel like it would be a real pain to calculate it since its not square and there are a lot of angles, but from my guess I think I made it out to like 2.4cubes total... maybe a little less

miska_man is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks better than the first time I put my stuff all together...granted my friend helped me and he likes to guess on ALOT of stuff. "Don't worry about it, it'll be fine" are his famous words.

Funny thing is we were mounting a PA speaker under my hood and he said those exact words before he accidentally drilled through my battery

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by miska_man View Post
    Looks better than the first time I put my stuff all together...granted my friend helped me and he likes to guess on ALOT of stuff. "Don't worry about it, it'll be fine" are his famous words.

Funny thing is we were mounting a PA speaker under my hood and he said those exact words before he accidentally drilled through my battery
    Lol
    Got to love those people though!! Maybe not so much when they do stupid stuff, but hey its always fun to remember the stupid things your friends have done while passing the story onto others

kramer_212 is offline Music-Expression

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

beachin

12. Thanks silveradokid thanked for this post
    bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Man, for your 1st install, this is coming out stellar! Box looks legit, granted those R's would sound so much better ported and everything else came out real good for being on a budget!

Truck looks amazing as well. Read from the 1st post on. Kudos man, I wish I had that amount of skill/patience on my 1st build. This almost makes me want to get back into redoing my system.

When you have no time due to job and kids and trying to stay fit, hard to get the passion for it, lol! This has inspired me, now to either get fat again or pwn off a kid.....

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbangtheory View Post
    Man, for your 1st install, this is coming out stellar! Box looks legit, granted those R's would sound so much better ported and everything else came out real good for being on a budget!

Truck looks amazing as well. Read from the 1st post on. Kudos man, I wish I had that amount of skill/patience on my 1st build. This almost makes me want to get back into redoing my system.

When you have no time due to job and kids and trying to stay fit, hard to get the passion for it, lol! This has inspired me, now to either get fat again or pwn off a kid.....
    Thanks!, and yeah I've been told the r's love the ported boxes, if only I had the room. To be honest though, in my box now they are ridiculously loud IMO. I was very surprised to hear them be as loud as they are in a sealed enclosure. They are on the border of being too loud for just normal music. I totally know what you mean, it's hard to manage hobbies with life, I wouldn't have been able to do this if it were during school. I appreciate the compliments and thank you for checking out the build, hope you enjoyed watching it come along. Stay tuned though I still have some updates, redoing some wiring and carpeting the box! I will also try to get a video up soon

martiandancer31 is offline Front Towards Enemy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

wow, lots got done here!! Looks nice!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)