Source: Pioneer HU

Big-G is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 03 Honda Accord install

but anyway, here are the pics of the subwoofer install,
    i brought the stuff not knowing about the ohms 4 or 5 years ago, but heres the specs
    Infinity switch 2ohm or 8ohm, 12 inch sub - 350RMS, 1400 peak
    Alpine M-450 Amp: 220x1 @ 4ohms

Battery and Fuse:

closeup of fuse:

right side engine bay, follow the red 4 gauge

4 gauge through factory rubber gromet (tip of arrow), had to poke a hole with a screwdriver from under the dash

4 gauge coming through rubber gromet to deep up under, behind the dash:

Following down driver side of car:

rear seat removed, 4 gauge running to trunk from under driver side seatbelt panel:

Passenger side, front of car for speaker cable:

Big-G is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Passenger side, through and under seatbelt panel:

Negative location (rear seat bolt) sanded down to bare metal and sanded bolt:

Mess of a backseat

rear view connections

front view connections

Last but not least.... Finished product

Big-G is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Future Mods... God knows when:
    ~butyl rubber trunk kit and door kits (for fronts)
    ~ another speaker cable for front stage
    ~Alphasonik PCZ65E front components (check these specs)
    Peak: 480 watts per set / 240 watts each side
    RMS: 240 watts per set / 120 watts each side
    Frequency Response: 35Hz 25,000 Hz
    ~~~~~~~~for $100~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~WHOA!~~~~~~
    ~~SLEEPER on the market or product BULLSH*T? I be the guinea pig and findout

~removal of rear speakers (tested idea with the Taurus and the bass seems to get deeper and louder) whnever I have the energy
    ~and some sound barrier (way in the future)

sirsaechao is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hope you didn't have dual climate controls before...

To much to list...click on link
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907752
    Trust:
    xtremez, KeepinItSimple, jdubbau, Blazemore
    eBay: sirsaechao_2000

Big-G is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Big-G is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, here is a quick update. Big ups to my man with the hookup. Instead of those Alphasonik's I was looking at, I decided to go with what I know best... Infinity!!!. Just got the 60.9s for the front stage of vehicle. i may run them on a used and old Sony Xplod xm-552hx... (which is hella lame), I may even ditch it period and run the speakers off stock wiring, dont know yet

Infinity 60.9
    power range: 2-90 watts RMS (270 watts peak power)
    frequency response: 45-35,000 Hz
    sensitivity: 93 dB

here is the box:

look at these babies: nice

waiting on the cash flow for speaker wire next.

Big-G is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

here are the 60.9s

box
    [IMG][/IMG]

in box[IMG][/IMG]

Big-G is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, so i finally got the time to do some wiring of the front stage. Spent the past couple weeks trying to figure out how the hell to run wire to the speakers through the door. I be **** that Honda has wiring harness in between door and chassis of car. Figure, I never seen this before, nor heard f it. I couldn't get my fingers up under the instrument panel, driver side has so much wiring SH*T up under there, I spent many night researching and Googling ways to get around it. Thought maybe "jumping the factory speaker wires but then i wondered" how the hel to get wiring to the stock tweeter location. I almost gave up and was going to get the speakers professionally installed. But I'd feel hella lame doing that. Testosterone wouldn't accept it, so i came up with this so far:

Popped the door off:
    [IMG][/IMG]

Finally got my fingers up under the dash and through the hole, since i couldn't go through the wiring harness, I go around it. I poked a hole through the rubber and ran the speaker wire outside and through the hole I made, looks pretty to me:
    hole with grommet:
    [IMG][/IMG]

Completion with Split loom around it:
    [IMG][/IMG]

location of driver X-Over:
    [IMG][/IMG]

closeup, easy access to adjust tweeter Db's, stick my finger in and press a button:
    [IMG][/IMG]

Driver tweeter in stock location: yes exposed, Honda tweeter grill is built to fit stock tweets, not infinity. But I will soon fabricate something.
    [IMG][/IMG]

And the same wiring format for the passenger side:
    grommet:

completion with split loom:
    [IMG][/IMG]

Passenger side X-Over is up under dash right under the glove box, Has factory plastic hiding it. and again, just enough room to get my finger up there to adjust tweeter Db's.
    [IMG][/IMG]

and passenger tweeter:
    [IMG][/IMG]

Thats all I got so far, wires ran to the trunk for amp install and in process of fabricating some MDF spacers for speakers (new challenge for me). already screwed up designs twice. hopefully get done by end of weekend, but got family and parties to go to for Memorial Day Wknd.

Big-G is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OK, rewind a bit, a few days ago I popped the driver door off and wanted to see if the speaker was an easy install job... nope... magnet too big for opening and what little did get in opening it was magnetizing itself to the hearest bit of metal. So iI went ahead and tried to fabricate some spacers. See, just buying spacers may be easiest but testosterone wont allow it. So with the tools I have, portable circular saw and a hand saw I came up with this... lol

[IMG][/IMG]
    a square spacer just isnt going to cut it, way to huge and the lower right edges almost prevents door panel from being put back on.

So I realized Id have to make a circular ring spacer. Went and brought 3/4 in. MDF for $11 at Home Depot. I have dimensions of speaker, but no compass to create actual diameters on MDF board. Nor did I have a way to cut a hole. So I traced the plastic ring that cover the neoprene on woofer, figure its a good template. But I have no idea how to mount it. Honda has the stock 6.5B built into the mounting piece that attaches to car. So I figure I use that as a solid template. Thanks to my Uncle i got my hands on a jigsaw. And away i wen... 1st time I ever did and woodworking fabricating, I think it turned out well and hope it fits.

[IMG][/IMG]

Speaker fits fine...
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Blogs on internet say its needed to seal up the MDF from water damage and some blogs say use 50/50 wood glue and water or fiberglass resin... one read shellac is great. I had the poly laying around so i sprayed them up...
    [IMG][/IMG]

Hopefully I can get these mounted onto car doors and have no problems in doing so. But they came out pretty good to me, im happy with the outcome.

Big-G is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

After I get those spacers mounted on to the door I want to really challenge myself and see what i can do in fabricating something for them tweeters. I cant have them laying out there on the dashboard like that, but it wont hurt anything. I need some type of 2.5 inch diameter wooden basket to sit the tweeter in and mount that basket on to a fabricated housing. If anybody has any ideas, please comment.

Honda tweets look like this...
    [IMG][/IMG]
    and
    [IMG][/IMG]

Big-G is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Found time to mount MDF spacer:
    [IMG][/IMG]

but the 2 bottom mounting points were aligned with the speaker, so I had to readjust:
    [IMG][/IMG]

handled... checked to make sure the spacer wasnt to thick and the door panel could go back on with no problem... smooth!.
    Now online blogs recommend using some type of space filler between MDF spacer and door metal, supposed to clean up bass response I think. So i went and got some modeling clay and...
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bam... hanldled... threw in the 60.9... and this baby looks pretty!
    [IMG][/IMG]

AND might I say, its sounds darn good too!!!!! the bass is awsome when I adjust the settings on the amp. But i dont wanna jump on the speaker at full blast yet, give some time to break speaker in. But thats pretty muuch it. Moving on to the passenger side in a few days and clean up the trunk wiring and soon the music will be blasting!!!!!

Big-G is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just got done installing the passenger speaker, here are some quick pics:

MDF spacer mounted to door...
    [IMG][/IMG]

threw the speaker in...
    [IMG][/IMG]

then added the clay...

Hooked up the old but free Sony xm-552 HX, rated at 70wx2ohms, turned half to max at +5 Dbs
    [IMG][/IMG]

and... TADAH!! a very nice front stage ready to bring that **** rap music to the masses... but unfortunately I don't have enough 8 gauge wire to add the dist block to the sub ... which unfortunately I think i blew something in the sub cause at low volumes the sub sounds like its crackling . So i took it, but I'll hook it up any way. I now know i need a new sub... something always goes wrong. Oh well.... F**K IT!

Big-G is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, so I was back at it today. Today was the day to work on tweeter location. Most of the world would have have put the tweeters on thhe A-pillar... or whatever "pillar" its called but I choose to keep them in stock location. Yesterday went and grabbed some 2x4 1\8 inch MDF for $5.50.... so here we go... Now this car audio project is my 1st time fabricating anything but I am impressed with the outcome.

Cutout the MDF:
    passenger:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    driver:
    [IMG][/IMG]

I had to cut them in half at a certain point, Honda tweets housing is at an angle:
    [IMG][/IMG]

stuffed some paper towels down in the hole o keep the tweets afloat:
    [IMG][/IMG]

And the test fit came out pretty good, I actually re-did the driver side because after I did the passenger side, it looked a whole lot better so...

passenger side location:
    [IMG][/IMG]

driver side location:
    [IMG][/IMG]

The thing that got me a little upset about this is the tweet enclosures are 2 pieces rather one whole piece. That angle is frustrating. You cant tell in the pics but its there. I brought some wood glue with the idea to fill the gap with place the 2 peices together and somehow hold them at an angle and do all the judging with my eye.... but too complicated if not perfect. So I left them. The tweets are pretty snug in there and there arent sliding or dangling off the dashboard by the speaker wire... so F**K IT! worry about in the future.
    So I ran to Home Depot and got some car-color matching paint for the MDF and hit them with the polyurethane. Look good to me.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Finished product:
    passenger side:
    [IMG][/IMG]

Big-G is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

driver side:
    [IMG][/IMG]

And thats all folks. Next I'll be buying some 8 gauge to attach to the distribution block and put the sub back in. until then, deuces.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast