Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: Little granny car... with a 15" in the backseat

phemps is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Little granny car... with a 15" in the backseat

Quote Originally Posted by justafifteen View Post
    You guys serious about it being quiet? Why wouldn't it be loud?

Car isn't too nice for the sub to be in the trunk; it's too nice to rip out the back seat.

Currently waiting on warmer weather to finish putting all the equipment in. That, and also waiting for my components and ring terminals to get here.

Got the sub installed into the box today, with a much cleaner wiring job than before. Also got the rack wrapped in carpet and installed a brace on it. Sub box isn't goin anywhere
    be prepared for disapointment bro. putting a box in your back seat will be nothing like it being in your expedition. unless you do something ;like completely seal off your trunk from the cabin and find a good sub port configuration maybe with the sub firing at the windshield its gonna be terribly quieter than having it in the trunk sub back port back

Refs: Rio, DbzArson, goodstuff, Worstenemy453

Quote Originally Posted by Altec View Post
    Then obviously I am asking the wrong person, because you don't know how to hook up subs if they sounded like "****". Maybe learn your ohms and your diagrams before you call something ****. Learn to make boxes to specs and use the right wires and its called dynomat. Then maybe your car wouldn't of sounded like ****, yeah?

justafifteen is offline And that's the truth.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't understand... what's the reasoning behind that?

Feedback: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer...ck-thread.html
    The Ride: 1991 Spirit
    The Sub: AudioQue SDC2.5 15" (4.2cf @ 38hz)
    The Sub Amp: Audiopipe AP1500.1D
    The Front Stage: Pioneer TS-C1353 Components
    The Front Stage Amp: Pioneer GM-3300T

Bfat567 is offline j-body love

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbangtheory View Post
    You think it will, but betcha it would be night and day difference if you compared.
    I originally had mine in the trunk and moved it to the replacement of the back seat setup. Theres a lot of stuff that has to always stay in my trunk (fire/ems) and it was causing cancellation/muffling.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLow View Post
    the amount of fuck I do not give is unmeasurable.

mossberg385t is offline Love Train

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I live next to Over the Rhine in Cincinnati and my **** is visible as hell in my truck, havent had anything stolen, im just not a ******* and go bassin where I park

Quote Originally Posted by CarAudio.com Admin View Post
    Please send your tithes of 10% to my paypal. Thou shall worship thy goob.
    IA 40.1, Nakamichi PA350, Arc audio 6.5s 2 way active (1986 Alphasonik x-over) Audio Control three.1, Kenwood KDC-X592, TREO SSX based 18: 8 layer flat wound copper coil w/ dual SS former, 3 medium nomex spiders built by SPLaudio and repaired by myself and Harshaw for optimal sexiness and performance.
    team Dbeez MECA as3 db3

☞2218☜ βθπ βν

Random1010 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Need room for sound waves to develop. Having the port 2 ft. from your head is not going to have the same results.

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bfat567 View Post
    I originally had mine in the trunk and moved it to the replacement of the back seat setup. Theres a lot of stuff that has to always stay in my trunk (fire/ems) and it was causing cancellation/muffling.
    You know you could always put the fire/ems stuff in the backseat.....lol!

Quote Originally Posted by mossberg385t View Post
    I live next to Over the Rhine in Cincinnati and my **** is visible as hell in my truck, havent had anything stolen, im just not a ******* and go bassin where I park
    Nothing you can do about a truck most times. Not a lot of room to do stuff, unless a blowthrough. Most cases your back windows on trucks are tinted and a lot harder to see in a tinted ride. I agree helps not to go bassin' everywhere as well.

Also OP about your back seat.....have any vents for bass to come through on upper deck? I mean I can almost bet.....it would be louder with backseat up than in your back seat.

I lost 1 db IIRC when I mic'd on a TL 2 years ago with my Focus. Was easy to do as my seats fold down. Did it for shits and giggles. Not a huge differnce for me. Some cars dont get loud with back seats up due to gas tanks and other crap being in the way.

You will see...

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^ What do you mean with backseat up? My back seat doesn't fold down or anything.

Also, if you "need space" for sound waves to develop, then how can a small truck like an S10 be loud even with a blowthrough, if the port is going to be right behind you?

I'm also confused as to why it would be louder if I just walled off the entire back seat. Wouldn't that just leave less room for sound waves to develop?

How would it be louder in the trunk? I'm very confused on all of these points, they're not making common sense to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I dont know the technical way to put it to you, someone else may, but anyone who has been in this field for some time has at one time heard an install like yours or heck, even had one.

Once done right, they know how silly they were when they tossed a ported box on the backseat.....

You seem uneducated on this and not trying to be an arsehole, just honestly trying to help you get the best sound. Do as you please, heck test for yourself if you have time. Do it both ways. You can then say, I guess we were right....

I dont know how to clear up my post before....seemed pretty clear. I will try again. Your backseat up how it is now, because it is like that will still be louder if you put your sub/box in the trunk compared to randomly placed in back seat

Also not to mention if you get in an accident....have fun with that one.

lessons are always learned....most times, lol!

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah I've never had experience with putting a sub in the backseat before, just trying to figure out the reasoning behind it so I can be educated.

I guess I'll try it out, and if it's not to my standards then I'll try to find a way to fit it in the trunk.

But, with the rack that I made, the box is pretty secure. I can slam on the brakes or veer to the side suddenly and no movement

If anything, this'll just be a big learning experience

phemps is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah I've never had experience with putting a sub in the backseat before, just trying to figure out the reasoning behind it so I can be educated.

I guess I'll try it out, and if it's not to my standards then I'll try to find a way to fit it in the trunk.

But, with the rack that I made, the box is pretty secure. I can slam on the brakes or veer to the side suddenly and no movement

yea i i agree on the sound waves thing a bit but at the same time walls work in cars. im walled and i think that being selead off from the back makes the diferemce

Refs: Rio, DbzArson, goodstuff, Worstenemy453

Quote Originally Posted by Altec View Post
    Then obviously I am asking the wrong person, because you don't know how to hook up subs if they sounded like "****". Maybe learn your ohms and your diagrams before you call something ****. Learn to make boxes to specs and use the right wires and its called dynomat. Then maybe your car wouldn't of sounded like ****, yeah?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fair enough! Hope it works out for ya. Always fun to learn though, nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by phemps View Post
    yea i i agree on the sound waves thing a bit but at the same time walls work in cars. im walled and i think that being selead off from the back makes the diferemce
    Huge difference, dont have sound bouncing off back window and have it going everywhere. Walled off, only place that ish is going is right past you to front glass and back at cha smacking you in da chest, lol! Miss my walled setups !

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

collin.k is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon6 Re: Little granny car... with a 15" in the backseat

Quote Originally Posted by bigbangtheory View Post
    Also not to mention if you get in an accident....have fun with that one.

lessons are always learned....most times, lol!
    thats the top of the bolt from the inside of my box,
    and thats the bottom. that goes through a peice of steel that used to hold the back seat in place with a washer and a nut. and theres two of those holding the front of the box down
    and that is the rear middle seatbelt wrapped and screwed into the box and then seatbelted in place with all the slack taken out.
    i think she'd do okay in an accident *knock on wood*
    and since i've already taken over you're thread, i may as well post the box

2 12" premier champion series pro
    hfi 2000d
    big3
    kny 0ga all throughout
    atomic ma65cx
    kenwood 4 channel
    5 cubes @ 32 hz

Mookie is offline Kush Blunts Green Lean

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you cant fit it in yer trunk you def need something smaller.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^ collin.k, that is awesome lol

collin.k is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

its not meant to go in the trunk. license restrictions mean i cant have more then one passenger so why not build a bigazz box and stick it where the back seat should be. and it could fit in the trunk, ive got a hatchback. those bolts coming out of it would make for a hard time placing it there tho

2 12" premier champion series pro
    hfi 2000d
    big3
    kny 0ga all throughout
    atomic ma65cx
    kenwood 4 channel
    5 cubes @ 32 hz

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast