Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 46

Reload Thread: Cheap SQ Build in 330ci

  1. #16
    whitedragon551's Avatar
    whitedragon551 is offline Moderator



    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    13,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1178 Post(s)

    Re: Cheap SQ Build in 330ci

    Quote Originally Posted by turdfergison View Post
    Umm no. That guy, Subtilus/Skar, has been banned for being shady and lying about business practices in the past and has negative feedback on eBay.



    CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules



    HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch
    Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500
    Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks
    Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+
    Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill
    Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III




  2. #17
    Flastrongman's Avatar
    Flastrongman is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ft Myers FL
    Posts
    1,845
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    274 Post(s)

    Re: Cheap SQ Build in 330ci

    Quote Originally Posted by whitedragon551 View Post
    Nope like old school Alpine V12.
    I've got both, I prefer the sound of my old RF's



    Refs: diyma-sold to:Mazda3SQ CA.com-traded:matrxx dude CACO- Sold to: Ajax_6154, brandonb1029, TeejayBee traded with: papito FLSPL- Bought from:98chevySPL, JBLCAMRY, traded with:97montecarlo, thumpenranger

  3. #18
    matt_bennett05's Avatar
    matt_bennett05 is offline mattchoo!



    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    South Westerly Georja
    Posts
    3,442
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    302 Post(s)

    Re: Cheap SQ Build in 330ci

    Is it just me or did I read SQ and cheap together?

    Most SQ equipment is high dollar...

    Sound good and cheap go together better imo...



    D.D.Q.F.

    Traded with : norrizzle9, BassAddictJ (x2), TWiZTid859, btr, btdickey, mylows10, Sour_Deez, El_Weenie;
    Bought from : NeilBarber, kurtbeast, bubbagumper, cd6551,
    mistergrubbs, gbo559, ltr450racer690, nismos14, ptcmarty,

  4. #19
    whitedragon551's Avatar
    whitedragon551 is offline Moderator



    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    13,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1178 Post(s)

    Re: Cheap SQ Build in 330ci

    Quote Originally Posted by matt_bennett05 View Post
    Is it just me or did I read SQ and cheap together?

    Most SQ equipment is high dollar...

    Sound good and cheap go together better imo...
    SQ can be had on a budget. Not competition SQ. How much you think I paid for my system? Everything from the HU, deadener, wiring, etc.



    CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules



    HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch
    Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500
    Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks
    Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+
    Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill
    Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III

  5. #20
    matt_bennett05's Avatar
    matt_bennett05 is offline mattchoo!



    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    South Westerly Georja
    Posts
    3,442
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    302 Post(s)

    Re: Cheap SQ Build in 330ci

    Quote Originally Posted by whitedragon551 View Post
    SQ can be had on a budget. Not competition SQ. How much you think I paid for my system? Everything from the HU, deadener, wiring, etc.
    Well I can understand that. I'm guessing my mindset on SQ is Blues, Focal, McIntosh, Morel, etc, etc, etc...



    D.D.Q.F.

    Traded with : norrizzle9, BassAddictJ (x2), TWiZTid859, btr, btdickey, mylows10, Sour_Deez, El_Weenie;
    Bought from : NeilBarber, kurtbeast, bubbagumper, cd6551,
    mistergrubbs, gbo559, ltr450racer690, nismos14, ptcmarty,

  6. #21
    whitedragon551's Avatar
    whitedragon551 is offline Moderator



    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    13,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1178 Post(s)

    Re: Cheap SQ Build in 330ci

    Quote Originally Posted by matt_bennett05 View Post
    Well I can understand that. I'm guessing my mindset on SQ is Blues, Focal, McIntosh, Morel, etc, etc, etc...
    For a $1600 McIntosh amp it better be everything better than SQ.



    CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules



    HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch
    Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500
    Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks
    Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+
    Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill
    Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III

  7. #22
    wytbw's Avatar
    wytbw is offline Member



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Socal
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cheap SQ Build in 330ci

    I own a single 13w6 and am only running it on 250 watts, which pounds pretty hard and has amazing SQ. Not sure why anyone would want more than 1 13w7, especially if you're going to be using it as a daily driver (you didn't mention, so I am assuming); it begins to hurt the ears after a while. For SQ setups most people I know invest in 1 dang good sub with great SQ capability.

    A dual 13w7 setup is gonna cost you quite a bit ($750 x 2 + $600 for the amp you want). Between my sub, enclosure, and amp I'm up to $750. Do you really need to go that loud? Also, I know some people don't like the sound of the W7's in comparison to the W6's. And, with 2 W7's are you not planning on ever using your trunk? I've got a newer Camry and my ported enclosure takes up 1/3 of my trunk space. The W7's need much bigger enclosures. Anyways, just thought I'd suggest the W6's for SQ and pose some though-provokling questions. BTW, JL Audio is not really for the person on a budget... Personally, I wouldn't use anything else no matter what the haters say.




  8. #23
    wytbw's Avatar
    wytbw is offline Member



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Socal
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cheap SQ Build in 330ci

    I forgot to mention you're probably going to have to do the "big 3" upgrade if you go with the 1000 watt amp.




  9. #24
    wytbw's Avatar
    wytbw is offline Member



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Socal
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cheap SQ Build in 330ci

    Oh, and you're also going to have to do some serious sound deadening with a dual 13w7 setup....Look on youtube, just one of those speakers will flex body panels.




  10. #25
    whitedragon551's Avatar
    whitedragon551 is offline Moderator



    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    13,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1178 Post(s)

    Re: Cheap SQ Build in 330ci

    Quote Originally Posted by wytbw View Post
    I own a single 13w6 and am only running it on 250 watts, which pounds pretty hard and has amazing SQ. Not sure why anyone would want more than 1 13w7, especially if you're going to be using it as a daily driver (you didn't mention, so I am assuming); it begins to hurt the ears after a while. For SQ setups most people I know invest in 1 dang good sub with great SQ capability.

    A dual 13w7 setup is gonna cost you quite a bit ($750 x 2 + $600 for the amp you want). Between my sub, enclosure, and amp I'm up to $750. Do you really need to go that loud? Also, I know some people don't like the sound of the W7's in comparison to the W6's. And, with 2 W7's are you not planning on ever using your trunk? I've got a newer Camry and my ported enclosure takes up 1/3 of my trunk space. The W7's need much bigger enclosures. Anyways, just thought I'd suggest the W6's for SQ and pose some though-provokling questions. BTW, JL Audio is not really for the person on a budget... Personally, I wouldn't use anything else no matter what the haters say.
    Thats because the W7 is a more accurate driver with less distortion. People arent used to that so they prefer the W6 which isnt as clean.

    JL is over priced for what you get.

    Quote Originally Posted by wytbw View Post
    I forgot to mention you're probably going to have to do the "big 3" upgrade if you go with the 1000 watt amp.
    BS. Depends on the stock alternator and battery size. I ran 1400+@1 in my 99 Grand Prix with a OEM battery and no big 3 with a 100a alternator and never had dimming lights or issues until I was on full tilt for longer than 5 minutes.



    CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules



    HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch
    Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500
    Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks
    Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+
    Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill
    Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III

  11. #26
    infamous_e46's Avatar
    infamous_e46 is offline hArRy_DaNgLeRs



    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    25,962
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1002 Post(s)

    Re: Cheap SQ Build in 330ci

    Quote Originally Posted by whitedragon551 View Post
    Nope like old school Alpine V12.
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-a...ool-cheap.html



    Quote Originally Posted by RyanM923 View Post
    Damn, look at that midget ***...love me a midget ***. 3 foot 4 standing up, 3 foot 6 sitting down.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaellane View Post
    don dont come in here ruining my thread. i hate you and jose

    www.alphadamp.com
    Got Mad Feedback Son http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/364675-infamous_e46s-feedback-thread.html#post5697823

  12. #27
    infamous_e46's Avatar
    infamous_e46 is offline hArRy_DaNgLeRs



    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    25,962
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1002 Post(s)

    Re: Cheap SQ Build in 330ci




    Quote Originally Posted by RyanM923 View Post
    Damn, look at that midget ***...love me a midget ***. 3 foot 4 standing up, 3 foot 6 sitting down.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaellane View Post
    don dont come in here ruining my thread. i hate you and jose

    www.alphadamp.com
    Got Mad Feedback Son http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/364675-infamous_e46s-feedback-thread.html#post5697823

  13. #28
    Bob Saget's Avatar
    Bob Saget is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cheap SQ Build in 330ci

    Quote Originally Posted by wytbw View Post
    I own a single 13w6 and am only running it on 250 watts, which pounds pretty hard and has amazing SQ. Not sure why anyone would want more than 1 13w7, especially if you're going to be using it as a daily driver (you didn't mention, so I am assuming); it begins to hurt the ears after a while. For SQ setups most people I know invest in 1 dang good sub with great SQ capability.

    A dual 13w7 setup is gonna cost you quite a bit ($750 x 2 + $600 for the amp you want). Between my sub, enclosure, and amp I'm up to $750. Do you really need to go that loud? Also, I know some people don't like the sound of the W7's in comparison to the W6's. And, with 2 W7's are you not planning on ever using your trunk? I've got a newer Camry and my ported enclosure takes up 1/3 of my trunk space. The W7's need much bigger enclosures. Anyways, just thought I'd suggest the W6's for SQ and pose some though-provokling questions. BTW, JL Audio is not really for the person on a budget... Personally, I wouldn't use anything else no matter what the haters say.
    JL Audio subwoofers ****. Period.




  14. #29
    wytbw's Avatar
    wytbw is offline Member



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Socal
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cheap SQ Build in 330ci

    Well what you get is a subwoofer of exceptional quality that will perform under heavy abuse and keep ticking. Not all of us are looking to explode our brains with cheap bass. BTW, It's generally the ID Max guys that I see coming out the hardest on JL. No matters, I own JL and I know it's quality first hand. As far as the W7 vs W6, you can refer to the many, many, many forum threads that can be found by searching the net. I have scoured the net and found no other opinion than that the W6 is more accurate, but the W7 is deeper. You're the first person I have ever heard say the W6's were less accurate. Lastly, I said he would "probably" need a big 3 upgrade. At least he will know to look into it. None of you even brought it up... These are things for him to consider, which I mentioned. I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination.


    Quote Originally Posted by whitedragon551 View Post
    Thats because the W7 is a more accurate driver with less distortion. People arent used to that so they prefer the W6 which isnt as clean.

    JL is over priced for what you get.



    BS. Depends on the stock alternator and battery size. I ran 1400+@1 in my 99 Grand Prix with a OEM battery and no big 3 with a 100a alternator and never had dimming lights or issues until I was on full tilt for longer than 5 minutes.




  15. #30
    whitedragon551's Avatar
    whitedragon551 is offline Moderator



    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    13,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1178 Post(s)

    Re: Cheap SQ Build in 330ci

    Quote Originally Posted by wytbw View Post
    Well what you get is a subwoofer of exceptional quality that will perform under heavy abuse and keep ticking. Not all of us are looking to explode our brains with cheap bass. BTW, It's generally the ID Max guys that I see coming out the hardest on JL. No matters, I own JL and I know it's quality first hand. As far as the W7 vs W6, you can refer to the many, many, many forum threads that can be found by searching the net. I have scoured the net and found no other opinion than that the W6 is more accurate, but the W7 is deeper. You're the first person I have ever heard say the W6's were less accurate. Lastly, I said he would "probably" need a big 3 upgrade. At least he will know to look into it. None of you even brought it up... These are things for him to consider, which I mentioned. I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination.
    The ID guys have a reason to hate on JL. They are every bit of quality and SQ as a W7 for a superior price point. Not to mention they are a much more efficient driver.

    The W7's are more accurate in terms of reproduction.

    Im glad you realize that. Im also sure that your countless hours scouring the net for reviews on the W7 are pretty useless. Everyone and their Grandma at any local chain thinks the W7 is top of the top when in reality its not even close.



    CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules



    HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch
    Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500
    Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks
    Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+
    Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill
    Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum