Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: Building a setup this spring

MONSONwarrior is offline Constantly Rebuilding... MONSONwarrior is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Building a setup this spring

Quote Originally Posted by [zack] View Post
    wasnt that bad
    I'm pretty sure you've said you were like 16 or something before, so if you were born here you probably spent what? the first ten years of your life here? I don't know about you but I'm 17 and can't remember shit from before I was like 15.

2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer LT
    Pioneer AVIC-U310BT | Eclipse SC6500 | MB Quart Q4.80
    (2) Fi BTL N2 12 in 4.5 cubes @ 33hz | Cactus K5 | XS D3100 & D3400 | Knu 0 Gauge | Big 3 | 250a Alt

Desmond Audio is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

dam its cold everywere im not using tablesaws,jigsaws,routers, in this **** if youve seen my built in install pics those things take over 15 hours just to complete

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fawk the people that say build now. Build when you can. I know I am a ***** when it comes to cold......

But for christ sakes, put the ish in the right sub-forum......lol!

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Audio View Post
    I should go with MTX since I have the connection I know the Creator of MTX his name is loyd I could prolly get 9500 subs for cheap though but jl ive been happy with I like the sound of the 10w6v2 very clean
    I don't see them cutting you any deals really. Anyone in the midwest(as they live/created/work about 20min from my house) knows MTX and the owners. We also know how the company was started what money actually funded the MTX project and why it still stays alive. If you know them, you know what I'm talking about.

Louisiana_CRX is offline dem shoes......

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

You can start building your setup in the basement...like the enclousure and trim panels even if its cold outside...take some pics along the way and post them like I do....

Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3
    StreetBeat 2................... 145.6
    Stock 1801-up.................153.8
    SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2
    Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana_CRX View Post
    You can start building your setup in the basement...like the enclousure and trim panels even if its cold outside...take some pics along the way and post them like I do....
    I could start building and peice it together i suppose I need to know what im gunna go with for subs and such for the cubes.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    I don't see them cutting you any deals really. Anyone in the midwest(as they live/created/work about 20min from my house) knows MTX and the owners. We also know how the company was started what money actually funded the MTX project and why it still stays alive. If you know them, you know what I'm talking about.
    yes that may be I have pretty strong connects here outta rockford as well you may have. MTX is a big sponsor here for a non for profit juneteenth festival in rockford every year. But I dont know its only 1 phone call away worth a shot. but anyway whats your recomendation for a sub setup?

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

I have a bias with AQ for many reasons(none I can talk about publicly at this time though) so I would say try their subs. It all just depends on what you are looking for. If you want a "wow" factor from the install and not the product, SPL, SQ, SQL..all variables would change my answer. As well as how much power you will have.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    I have a bias with AQ for many reasons(none I can talk about publicly at this time though) so I would say try their subs. It all just depends on what you are looking for. If you want a "wow" factor from the install and not the product, SPL, SQ, SQL..all variables would change my answer. As well as how much power you will have.
    ok thanks alot ill check into it

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2