Closed Thread
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 434

Reload Thread: “Porsche – There is No Substitute"

  1. #151
    Louisiana_CRX's Avatar
    Louisiana_CRX is offline dem shoes......

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Piney Hills of Louisiana
    Posts
    34,722
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    661 Post(s)

    Re: “Porsche – There is No Substitute"

    Quote Originally Posted by FlexnInLa View Post
    Ummm DD can do SQ... are you ignorant of that fact?
    DD 8's beat out JL...RE and several other 8's tested in SQ in the big 8 testing a few years ago...but most of these people are too much of fukin tards to search....bunch of know it all that don't know their a$$ from a hole in the ground...I've been doing car audio since before most of these guys were born...I have 6 years of straight first place wins not 2nds not 3rds but first....including numerous state and have held world records...I have more car audio stuff than most people could ever dream of owning...not to mention vehicles....but to answer your question they are pretty damm ignorant....




    Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

    Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3
    StreetBeat 2................... 145.6
    Stock 1801-up.................153.8
    SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2
    Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465




  2. #152
    ramos's Avatar
    ramos is offline Still learning



    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    49
    Posts
    10,329
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)

    Re: “Porsche – There is No Substitute"

    Quote Originally Posted by FlexnInLa View Post
    Ummm DD can do SQ... are you ignorant of that fact?
    Quote Originally Posted by allcrispedup View Post
    I lol'd brah. srsl.
    Quote Originally Posted by allcrispedup View Post
    lol

    DD ≠ SQ

    thread fail
    Quote Originally Posted by FlexnInLa View Post
    So did I, because in the right box a DD sub is going to do SQ without an issue. This thread owns, because it is an attack on Dave, and now an attack on DD! You mad?


    Some of you guys just don't realize how little a sub is actually used in a true sound quality system. Not saying they aren't needed, just saying it's ridiculous to put so much emphasis on something that plays such a miniscule part of the audio spectrum.



    5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

  3. #153
    FlexnInLa's Avatar
    FlexnInLa is offline Huggin Them Nuts!



    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere, Louisiana, USA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    232 Post(s)

    Re: “Porsche – There is No Substitute"

    Quote Originally Posted by ramos View Post
    What good is owning all of this "rare" stuff it all it's going to do is sit on the closet shelves for the rest of eternity? Not hating , just asking?
    Why do you care? Maybe he likes looking at it? Maybe I'm gonna buy some of it from him for my install? :lol:

    Dave I need 35 to 50 at 8 ohms, and 150-300 at 4 ohms. Hook a brother up with some OS SQ!

    These people are idiots, I bet 1/2 of them don't own cars.



    New ride... new system...

    2012 Jeep Compass Latitude

    18" Obsidian Audio Sub in a Reverse Tapered Transmission Line Box
    Box Design by Mobile Enclosures http://mobileenclosures.jimdo.com

  4. #154
    ramos's Avatar
    ramos is offline Still learning



    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    49
    Posts
    10,329
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)

    Re: “Porsche – There is No Substitute"

    Quote Originally Posted by FlexnInLa View Post
    Why do you care? Maybe he likes looking at it? Maybe I'm gonna buy some of it from him for my install? :lol:

    Dave I need 35 to 50 at 8 ohms, and 150-300 at 4 ohms. Hook a brother up with some OS SQ!

    These people are idiots, I bet 1/2 of them don't own cars.
    Did I pull your chain? get off his nut sack and let him answer.



    5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

  5. #155
    FlexnInLa's Avatar
    FlexnInLa is offline Huggin Them Nuts!



    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere, Louisiana, USA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    232 Post(s)

    Re: “Porsche – There is No Substitute"

    Quote Originally Posted by ramos View Post
    Some of you guys just don't realize how little a sub is actually used in a true sound quality system. Not saying they aren't needed, just saying it's ridiculous to put so much emphasis on something that plays such a miniscule part of the audio spectrum.
    Why not have a really good sub or subs for that part of the spectrum? Dave has a TL and a RTA... I'm sure he can get a flat response down to 20hz if that is what he is shooting for.



    New ride... new system...

    2012 Jeep Compass Latitude

    18" Obsidian Audio Sub in a Reverse Tapered Transmission Line Box
    Box Design by Mobile Enclosures http://mobileenclosures.jimdo.com

  6. #156
    FlexnInLa's Avatar
    FlexnInLa is offline Huggin Them Nuts!



    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere, Louisiana, USA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    232 Post(s)

    Re: “Porsche – There is No Substitute"

    Quote Originally Posted by ramos View Post
    Did I pull yourt chain? get off his nut sack and let him answer.
    Nah, you just made yourself look like a jealous idiot.



    New ride... new system...

    2012 Jeep Compass Latitude

    18" Obsidian Audio Sub in a Reverse Tapered Transmission Line Box
    Box Design by Mobile Enclosures http://mobileenclosures.jimdo.com

  7. #157
    ramos's Avatar
    ramos is offline Still learning



    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    49
    Posts
    10,329
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)

    Re: “Porsche – There is No Substitute"

    WTF does flat response down to 20hz have to do with sound quality? I got a tl and an RTA as well. Once again wtf does that have to do with anything?



    5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

  8. #158
    ramos's Avatar
    ramos is offline Still learning



    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    49
    Posts
    10,329
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)

    Re: “Porsche – There is No Substitute"

    Quote Originally Posted by FlexnInLa View Post
    Nah, you just made yourself look like a jealous idiot.
    lmao keep trying man



    5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

  9. #159
    FlexnInLa's Avatar
    FlexnInLa is offline Huggin Them Nuts!



    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere, Louisiana, USA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    232 Post(s)

    Re: “Porsche – There is No Substitute"

    Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana_CRX View Post
    DD 8's beat out JL...RE and several other 8's tested in SQ in the big 8 testing a few years ago...but most of these people are too much of fukin tards to search....bunch of know it all that don't know their a$$ from a hole in the ground...I've been doing car audio since before most of these guys were born...I have 6 years of straight first place wins not 2nds not 3rds but first....including numerous state and have held world records...I have more car audio stuff than most people could ever dream of owning...not to mention vehicles....but to answer your question they are pretty damm ignorant....
    Man I don't know what to tell you. People are going to hate what they don't have, or work hard to get what they want. I, personally, am going to work hard to get what I want. You are a "rich guy" compared to most of us here, and 99 percent of the people who post here are going to hate the "rich guy." I'm that 1 percent who is going to be where you are bruh. It amazes me that people don't understand that I'm an hour away from you and can drive over and look at your ****, but they still want to talk **** about you being a used car dealer, talk about you posting the same **** over and over, etc. If I had the number of vehicles you have I'd probably have as many build logs as you do. Actually, no... I wouldn't... just post the ******* Saleen video and let them **** themselves bruh.



    New ride... new system...

    2012 Jeep Compass Latitude

    18" Obsidian Audio Sub in a Reverse Tapered Transmission Line Box
    Box Design by Mobile Enclosures http://mobileenclosures.jimdo.com

  10. #160
    Louisiana_CRX's Avatar
    Louisiana_CRX is offline dem shoes......

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Piney Hills of Louisiana
    Posts
    34,722
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    661 Post(s)

    Re: “Porsche – There is No Substitute"

    I don't feel ramos is one of the haters....




    Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

    Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3
    StreetBeat 2................... 145.6
    Stock 1801-up.................153.8
    SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2
    Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465

  11. #161
    FlexnInLa's Avatar
    FlexnInLa is offline Huggin Them Nuts!



    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere, Louisiana, USA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    232 Post(s)

    Re: “Porsche – There is No Substitute"

    Quote Originally Posted by ramos View Post
    WTF does flat response down to 20hz have to do with sound quality? I got a tl and an RTA as well. Once again wtf does that have to do with anything?
    Uh wow... woulldn't you use your RTA to get a close to flat from 20 to 20khz as you could? If you are about SQ? It looks like your ignorance is showing through! Tell me what you use your RTA for, and tell me what kind of EQ you are running to keep a flat response in car?



    New ride... new system...

    2012 Jeep Compass Latitude

    18" Obsidian Audio Sub in a Reverse Tapered Transmission Line Box
    Box Design by Mobile Enclosures http://mobileenclosures.jimdo.com

  12. #162
    FlexnInLa's Avatar
    FlexnInLa is offline Huggin Them Nuts!



    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere, Louisiana, USA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    232 Post(s)

    Re: “Porsche – There is No Substitute"

    Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana_CRX View Post
    I don't feel ramos is one of the haters....
    Well apparently he isn't trying for a flat response from 20 to 20khz... so I dunno what he is.

    5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

    With a sig like that he can't be TOO much of an *******... but I'm sure he understands that most adults can hear from around 20hz to around 20khz... I'd put more emphasis on the beer though as I'm just white trash that likes some loud as music.



    New ride... new system...

    2012 Jeep Compass Latitude

    18" Obsidian Audio Sub in a Reverse Tapered Transmission Line Box
    Box Design by Mobile Enclosures http://mobileenclosures.jimdo.com

  13. #163
    ramos's Avatar
    ramos is offline Still learning



    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    49
    Posts
    10,329
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)

    Re: “Porsche – There is No Substitute"

    Quote Originally Posted by FlexnInLa View Post
    Uh wow... woulldn't you use your RTA to get a close to flat from 20 to 20khz as you could? If you are about SQ? It looks like your ignorance is showing through! Tell me what you use your RTA for, and tell me what kind of EQ you are running to keep a flat response in car?
    A wise man once said better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.... This post right here......wow My car is far from a flat response with the exception of the RTA tune preset . Music is dynamic, why the fark would you want to take the dynamics out of it?



    5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

  14. #164
    ramos's Avatar
    ramos is offline Still learning



    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    49
    Posts
    10,329
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)

    Re: “Porsche – There is No Substitute"

    Quote Originally Posted by FlexnInLa View Post
    Well apparently he isn't trying for a flat response from 20 to 20khz... so I dunno what he is.

    5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

    With a sig like that he can't be TOO much of an *******... but I'm sure he understands that most adults can hear from around 20hz to around 20khz... I'd put more emphasis on the beer though as I'm just white trash that likes some loud as music.
    Do you rrreeeeaaallllllyyyy want to go down this road with me?

    Let's see here



    Yep I got a pretty firm grasp of what a flat rta tune is. I also know how much it sounds like ***, and is as far from an ideal tune as anyone would ever want to listen too. Just stop now, your hole will reach china before your done.



    5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

  15. #165
    NFAMOUZ's Avatar
    NFAMOUZ is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    24
    Posts
    163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: “Porsche – There is No Substitute"

    ****



    97 Acura TL UA2
    DEH-3100UB - Vr3 RT15
    XM-754HX - TS-G974M - KFC-X173
    (2) KFC-W3012 - MRP-M1000

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum