Closed Thread

Reload Thread: need system for a charger

armysollja2006 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

need system for a charger

i'm pretty new to this car audio stuff. i'm lookin for a system to put into a dodge charger r/t. i had 2 alpine swx-1243D powered by 2 hifonic brutus 2010d 2000 watt amps picked out. but was told these amps were too much power for the speakers which have a 3000watt max. i planned on using a battery isolator with a secondary battery but heard i could lose a little power doin so. i'm gettin a custom made ported box for the subs. was gonna wire the subs in parallel which would get 1300 watts from each amp to each sub. i'm lookin to get a ton of bass. mainly listen to rap. so i have a couple of questions.

are the amps really too strong for the speakers? if so why?
    would i be better goin with 1 amp?
    would i be better goin with a diff sub/amp setup?

MONSONwarrior is offline Constantly Rebuilding... MONSONwarrior is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: need system for a charger

just use one of those amps and wire it down to 1 ohm. You will same 250 and use less electrical. It'll be a 2000 watt rms system and should beat hard. Any preference for any of the brands? Look to Fi, Treo, Audioque, DD, and some other more obscure names and you won't be let down.

armysollja2006 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i like alpine a lot. i had 2 type r's in my last car. with only a 650watt amp(i believe. may have been 700) and they hit pretty hard. i looked at solo-baric l7 and memphis mojo. memphis was little more than i want to spend.

norrizzle90 is offline Cant lose with 22's

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i say **** it and hook both of the amps up to a nice beefy woofer. those amps are a little overrated but im almost positive they put out a clean 1200-1600w rms. that being said, id go with a FI btl or maybe even a sundown nightshade. Btl's would love to see 2400-3000 watts rms.

2004 grand prix GTP Giovanna 22's
    rebuild coming soon :

I buy blown Audiopipe/planet audio (bb series)/American bass/ and newer Rockford amps. Pm me, always have cash in PayPal.

sold to: audiophile831, Kross6622(2x), mason313(2x)
    traded with: matt_bennett05

Closed Thread