Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: newbe audio inthusiastat and introduction of myself. of course my truck and my build

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

newbe audio inthusiastat and introduction of myself. of course my truck and my build

Hello, My name is Jeff, im 19 years young im new to the forums here and a newbe when it comes to car audio. I have some basic understanding of it so far through research on the intrewebs tho and ive become a big fan of rockford fosgate and digital designs anywho a little bit about myself, im currently attending the jc (junior collage) to go back and pass the classes i flunked in high school. i moved back home with my dad since i got laid off from the exhaust shop i worked at, ive found a part time job at a car dealership cleaning and detailing some of the trade ins and keeping the show room cars clean, it makes me enough to pay rent and sometimes eat id say im a bit of a backyard mechanic ive done all the repairs to my own truck. its a 1988 ford f250 with an underpowered 351 v8 ive dropped the transmission twice replaced a cracked intake plenum replaced a power steering pump and have done so much more in repairs and in little mods here and there.too many projects going on at once but ive been looking to convert it to 4 wheel drive and upgrad the front end (headlights and grill and such) to a 92 style as soon as i find a cheep donor truck. i save up money from side jobs i occasionally get fixing someones lawn mower or helping someone move. something like that to make me a little extra cash.i constantly hunt ebay for ridiculous deals (its happened before i got a sony 222 amp for a dollar shipped) over the past 6 months ive started getting in to car audio with intentions of having something good one day. ahh sorry im such a blabber here are some pics of my truck and some of the system so far, also i built my first speaker box it took me last night and today to finish it still needs carpeting tho. 1 more thing donations of some scrap power cable or anything like would be highly appreciated id pay shipping

im probably going to end up building a box to some kind of actual specs :P i really just made the biggest box i could actually fit behind my seat

this was a pic of me putting in an amp and sub for a friend

Jh8909 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: newbe audio inthusiastat and introduction of myself. of course my truck and my bu

is that the 351 windsor engine?

REFS: Ridinhi, --Navi--, gboo559, sojiaraggs9000, usampsman, 9515Rob, GetLikeMe, sojiaraggs9000, ButtaMax, RJesus, Twank06"GTO', speedfreak28

Bought from, Sold To

^there is a lot more i haven't listed by the way

DBfan187 is offline Supa's mom was here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: newbe audio inthusiastat and introduction of myself. of course my truck and my bu

Osb?

DieselFanatic is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DBfan187 View Post
    Osb?

its all i had

jeyventura is offline Pumping UP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

welcome

tapout is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Best port evAr.

Twisted_0912 is offline .........................

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tapout View Post
    Best port evAr.
    lulz

I build Enclosures PM me

Refs:
    Spy(Bought from),Goodie(traded With),Benner410 (enclosure),Timbo12(enclosure),TheMan007(Enclosure ),Upzaw2000(x3)(bought from),Bobby32(Enclosure),Tacovic(Enclosure),KoolWh ipMan(Traded With),lilmaniac2 (bought from),MarkyMark(Enclosure), HypnoticCure(Traded with),AngryOscar(Enclosure), MisterGrubbs(Traded With),LoggedOut(Enclosure x4/Traded With), Andrios(enclosure), bigbangtheory(Enclosure),Retoaudioinc(traded with), blaze383(sold to), Snow90(Enclosure), Serpent710(traded with), MysticStyl3z(sold to),cwill5(Bought from), Kingkongjr(Enclosure/Traded with), BrandonB (traded With), Moo_Awn(Bought From), Slam330(enclosure),18inchjeepin(sold to)

tapout is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

After some calculations(going by sight alone as you didnt provide measurements) it appears that your ports are a little too narrow. My trusty box calculator says you need about another .5" on each slot.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

off of the top of my head the box is 50 inches wide i dont remember how tall ill have to take some measurements

skadude016 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

what was the tuning of that port? and why would you use that wood?

HU:Kenwood Excelon KDC-889
    Speakers: CDT 61A's with rainbow x-overs
    Front amp: Autotek MM100.4
    Sub amp: (2) Audiopipe 1500's
    Subwoofers: (4) 15" Crunch GPV
    Box: 16 cubes tuned to 28hz (removable port)
    Extra Batt: C&D 139AH
    151.xx sealed up 154.xx in the kick

DBfan187 is offline Supa's mom was here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

352Hz

C_james7 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and i thought my friends prefab 46 was bad lol

ngsm13 is offline BSEE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Worst box evar.

Basic Car Audio Electronics

nG

http://crunktimes.com/ct/
    nG - BSEE

pieper88 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yeah. I would just over up those "ports" and make that a sealed box for the time being until you can make something new.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ngsm13 View Post
    Worst box evar.

Basic Car Audio Electronics

nG

well its not the best thing ever but i made it with the material i had, my knowledge like i said is limited so is my budget :P
    i plan to build a new box using 3/4" MDF fiberboard my friend wrote some plans up for me taking in to consideration ill be using 2 older kicker comps 10" subs of course, on a side note the amp i have right now is an absolute amp abs-9070. anyone hear of the brand? its the amp that eventually blew my first sub,a rockford fosgate p1, the amp was set to minimum gain and i had the sub ran bridged but thinking now i should have ran it off of one or the other channel

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast