Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Do i need to get a cap with this build

alex50 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do i need to get a cap with this build

Got everything delivered but the sub, and just worrying that when i hook all this up its going to strain my alternator or dim the lights.

JL 500 1/v2 powering a 10w7, and JL 4 channel 500 powering 4 5x7s and 2 tweeters. I upgraded the alternator from the stock 80 to the 200amp, and put a yellow optima in.

With the system i had before i put in the upgraded alternator and battery it would dim with the beat, and actually killed my alternator. I hear A Lot of Caps are just a waste. My concern is i have a Mustang GT with 450hp, which imo causes it to use more amps. as well as a remote start alarm. Should i go ahead and get a 1 farad cap?
    Don't want get this all installed and then get charged outrageous by the install guys in need of a cap.

Help please?

Would really appreciate it.

Thank you

misfit138 is offline a whole new type of aids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: Do i need to get a cap with this build

Most definitely. Two or three of them would be even better...

I shot out muh mom's vag with bossing papers in hand.

hatedonmostly is offline throwin' hunnits, hunnits

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alex50 View Post
    Got everything delivered but the sub, and just worrying that when i hook all this up its going to strain my alternator or dim the lights.

JL 500 1/v2 powering a 10w7, and JL 4 channel 500 powering 4 5x7s and 2 tweeters. I upgraded the alternator from the stock 80 to the 200amp, and put a yellow optima in.

With the system i had before i put in the upgraded alternator and battery it would dim with the beat, and actually killed my alternator. I hear A Lot of Caps are just a waste. My concern is i have a Mustang GT with 450hp, which imo causes it to use more amps. as well as a remote start alarm. Should i go ahead and get a 1 farad cap?
    Don't want get this all installed and then get charged outrageous by the install guys in need of a cap.

Help please?

Would really appreciate it.

Thank you
    You're buying JL, you're already being charged outrageous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

shoot me a pm with ur cell# ill send u a few pics of the 30 farad cap i have ill sell u shipped to ur door for 75 had inputs and outputs so it makes a clean install. AND has a digital voltage display . this cap is a 30 farad cap good for "30,000" watts for 2 seconds as they claim. im using a second 1 myself i bought 2 and dnt need the 2nd. this cap will work perfect for what u need. may even drop price depending on how soon u grab it

KINGDELL91 is offline KING OF KINGS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misfit138 View Post
    Most definitely. Two or three of them would be even better...
    lol Why dont you just get a second Batt in the rear, a second yellow top should do the trick!

CA REFS: themommyvan DECADO2, PATH2SPL, NEVERENUFFBASS, xhilr8n, jdc753, Racerx250, Zxcvtypo, hc3_cuz, wong05tsx, JK_AUDIO, Supergumby5000, Ken448,mojobass, craigzter, GMOORE, MitchZ, dumple, djman37,Thewes,Team MAF, Dragnix, and others

ROE REFS: Stoker_41, xhilr8n, blackdragonx118

Feed back Thread as a buyer trader:http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...ght=KINGDELL91
    Feed back Thread Seller:http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...20#post3761820
    BUILD LOG http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303112

Quote Originally Posted by bones22 View Post
    this thread should get a lot of attention over the title.

compared to the jackhammer that thing should be called a tack hammer

supermaxx123 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

this post is full of lol.
    200amp alt, and you want to add a 1 farad cap? 450hp uses more amps? remote uses more amps?
    i hope you know that "install guys" are also business guys and will sell you as much as you'll buy, including muffler bearings for your 450hp.
    how did you end up going with such great equipment in the 1st place????
    im not trying to bee offensive, i like to learn about things before i buy, apparently not everyone does...

Bought from: tc3k101, vitveet, chico305, pieper88, Toxic Tuan, rusty_armadillo, tristanmay
    Traded with: modskwod, jmkanek
    Sold to: smd4life, AQHDC3, fastfocus00

snoopdan is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I don't know why you all are making fun of him Jay elle is da best in da world!

boom24 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

just use a second batt....also dont come here for help 75% of the people here will just **** with you...

new spl build comeing..found a car that peaks abouve 60 hrz

build log
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/car-audio-build-logs-%2Anew%2A/462747-boom-24s-rebuild-again-4-15s.html

sold to {:C:} /dacheatham /uglydimple12/ negitive3five/ Beatnoutdaframe
    dm-auto mike/spl blazer/cris team act/
    ( scamers lexani2002(FROSTYZ3, RYAN CHRISITIANSON )
    traded with-f150john

basshedz06 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^^^^^i am deff with this guy also 75% of these guyes will just fck with you bro but trust me an others that said it get you a second batt in the back you will be more happy with that than that cap. i myself think caps are useless but they serve some kind of purpose but i havent learned what that is just yet.
    think about it bro

TEAM DB DRIVEN

keepin it real wit some gangsta ****

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by basshedz06 View Post
    ^^^^^i am deff with this guy also 75% of these guyes will just fck with you bro but trust me an others that said it get you a second batt in the back you will be more happy with that than that cap. i myself think caps are useless but they serve some kind of purpose but i havent learned what that is just yet.
    think about it bro
    why do you reply when you dont even know how a second battery works. tell me how? also tell me ho that will keep your lights from dimming? a 200amp alternator is more than enough for that set-up. Use proper 0gauge and you will have no problems, no need for a second battery.

Bought from: tc3k101, vitveet, chico305, pieper88, Toxic Tuan, rusty_armadillo, tristanmay

alex50 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Uh wow. Some of you are pretty far out there.

Why JL? It's the best I have heard that isn't thousands, and because i can.

Seriously though. Thanks to the Adults with the advice, and the heads up. Appreciate it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol i use 2 batts in bac & a 30 farad cap y? because most batteries can not discharge the rate an amp requires. so... a cap can. but unless u dont have the storage for additional power, it doesnt work lol. and honestly a h/o alt wont mean no light dimming it means u'll charge ^ the batteries faster. and if ur current battery can not discharge current fast enough then u will get voltage drop EVEN WITH " PROPER 0 AWG WIRE" so in all truth a cap will fix your problem as long as its large enough. lol

i could drop 10 batteries in my truck with multiple runs of 0 AWG to a single amp but unless they are capable of a large current discharge fast, they will be no better than what you have now, so what everyone is saying is a half truth at best. thats why companies who make car audio batteries often market their products with a line something like ( discharges like a cap with the power of a battery)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Highs on bass View Post
    lol i use 2 batts in bac & a 30 farad cap y? because most batteries can not discharge the rate an amp requires. so... a cap can. but unless u dont have the storage for additional power, it doesnt work lol. and honestly a h/o alt wont mean no light dimming it means u'll charge ^ the batteries faster. and if ur current battery can not discharge current fast enough then u will get voltage drop EVEN WITH " PROPER 0 AWG WIRE" so in all truth a cap will fix your problem as long as its large enough. lol

i could drop 10 batteries in my truck with multiple runs of 0 AWG to a single amp but unless they are capable of a large current discharge fast, they will be no better than what you have now, so what everyone is saying is a half truth at best. thats why companies who make car audio batteries often market their products with a line something like ( discharges like a cap with the power of a battery)
    you do realize how uninformed you are? what is the static charge of your batteries? an alternator is electronically controlled, guess what, so is a cap. they are both just as fast. a battery is chemically "controlled" that is how it produces energy. your alternator should rest at 14.4v, your battery at max 13.8. a cap would help you if you were not dropping below 13.8, maybe help you. you battery should not get any drain when you car is on, if it is, then your alternator is not doing it's job. batteries are only meant to start the car and thats it, granted in car audio we tend to use them to power stuff when the car is off. IMO a cap is meant to smoothen power out, not supply it, unless it's being used in a camera and thats a different thing too.

Crimson Boom is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sealed 147, kicks 151, and at headrests 163.9

wtf?

on1wheel01 is offline Bang A Lang

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Highs on bass View Post

You sir are a moron. And should never log in on this site again

REFS
    bought from nismos14,lask48180,wu501,teamsolo,thegreatestpenn, 1phatclipse,lorilee8284,Louisiana_CRX,woofercooker ,97maxima,Bad4Health
    sold to sotogrip,bobby32,rgplayer,mxer657,deathpenalty18,C ahm Rohn
    traded with grimreper912003,5cr4ppy
    1999 Durango 2 Memphis Mojo 15's Audiopipe ap3k
    4 Date Safe 75 ah batts Alpine hu. Lots of wangin

Closed Thread