Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Looking for some help on my first real build for 97 crown Vic

I was looking in to alpine IVA-W505 for the front and for the rear I was looking at alpine PKG-RSE2.for speakers and subs and amps I am stuck even on the head unit I am not to sure about. I am also looking for opinions on car batteries. There are 3 Battery brands that I am looking at and they are Kinetik High Current Power Cells and stingerelectronics.com and Optima AGM 12V Batteries - Deep Cycle Batteries by Optima. Just so every one knows on the batteries I am looking for one main and one back up one.
    Last thing I need help with is Alternator I found this web DB Electrical Starter-Alternator site but is there better Alternators out there?

Here is some info on the car it is 97 crown Vic all stock for now

I live in MN and I am haven hell of time find any help around here other then sale man try to sell me what ever. What I am looking for is good sound and good quality. This is daily driver if that mean any thing and I am looking to spend now more then $3,000-4,000 max.

Please for give my spelling and grammar
    Last edited by jon56048; 02-13-2010 at 05:02 PM.

misfit138 is offline a whole new type of aids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Re: Looking for some help on my first real build for 97 crown Vic

The IVA-W505 is my favorite DVD player. I've bought 2 of them from sbhcorp ( SBHcorp.com - Alpine IVA-W505 - Double-DIN DVD/CD/MP3/WMA Receiver/AV Head Unit,IVAW505 ) within the last 4 months. The company has terrible reviews, but I've had no problems with them. They offer a 2 year warranty for a small additional fee as well.

Unfortunately, if you're planning to spend over $1,000 in dvd players alone, by the time you add a good h/o alternator and 2 nice batteries, your budget is shot all to hell.

You may want to re-think things, man...

I shot out muh mom's vag with bossing papers in hand.

jon56048 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well what would be good amount of money to start with for 97 crown vic
    Last edited by jon56048; 02-13-2010 at 05:03 PM.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

bump any one else please

Deeper_shades is offline of underground

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hey man, you have a bit to spend than

have you looked at any of the DC product's? www.dcsoundlab.com they make really solid subs at a good price. level 4's are get loud and put out good clean sound.

for an amp id say get a sundown, or Digital Design. altho Ive never owned on my self, well not yet, but I have read great things about their products.

batts if you have the money get a kinetik for sure

your best bet is to spend a few weeks reading through this forum before you make any big purchases, keep us posted on your build

Subs : 2 x 12" Sundown Z V.2
    Mids : Focal 165 A3 + 6x9's polk audio db691
    Amps : SAZ 3500 & MB Quart DSC 4125
    HU : JVC El Kameleon KD-AVX44 // EQ : AP EX7
    Batt: 3 x XS power 1400's + 200a Mechman Alt / 50 ft of welding cable / 80sf second skin
    Refs: Sundownz / Mike465 / SicAudio / Rusty_DC / chillin / power-fanatic07 / Silver

MR.Lincoln is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well first i would say that u should go ahead and get the knukoncepts wiring kits cuz my friend with anouther towncar just purchased the set for 200+ the big 3 and i like it because it very durable
    the db electrical h/o alternatoer that he just perchased for his 94 towncar os also very sturdy. the box says 200 amps but the power sheet states 220 max
    i have the kicker ks 680s and 690s in my car i would sugest to get something maybe in the 61/2 component sets because i beleve it has a better sound quality and better bass response than the 6x9 6x8
    for the battery i think u should go with a shrieken batter for the front an rear bc it is a lot cheaper for a main and backup battery
    for the subs i was looking at the audioque hcd3 depends on what size u want ..i was looking at one 15 bc im am downgrading from my 2 alpine type r 15s
    depending on what brand of what amps you are looking at getting i would suggest the RFT600-4 for the highs and depending on the monoblock size that your looking for either sundown US amps and memphis and mmats

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A lot of nutriders in thise thread already.

IF your looking for a good set of components look into the Earthquake Vtek 6.5's, they sound amazing, if you can get 200 rms per side then look into the Lanzar Opti drive 6.5"s, they sounded great as well but i didnt have the power from them to give them justice.

For amps i suggest the MB Quart 4 channel, i believe its the Discus 4125 if you get the Earthquakes. That would be an amazing combo. For a monoblock, look into Audioque 2200 or 3500 depending on what your substage would be.

For subs, anything Sundown, IA, Audioque, Digital Designs, would all be good. Ive owned something from each company and they all perfrom as they should. DC is also good but i havnt owned anythning from them. Whatever model would just be up to the power your willing to give them.

For elecxtrical, go the Knukonceptz and get 1/0 and RCAs and everything. For an Alt go to Mechman, Excessive Amperage or Powermaster, and for batts, look into C&D tech, they are better than the Kinetiks and everything. When buying a Kinetik, Stinger etc, you are paying for the name.

BigJoker is offline Team D.O.A V.P.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Worstenemy453 View Post
    A lot of nutriders in thise thread already.

IF your looking for a good set of components look into the Earthquake Vtek 6.5's, they sound amazing, if you can get 200 rms per side then look into the Lanzar Opti drive 6.5"s, they sounded great as well but i didnt have the power from them to give them justice.

For amps i suggest the MB Quart 4 channel, i believe its the Discus 4125 if you get the Earthquakes. That would be an amazing combo. For a monoblock, look into Audioque 2200 or 3500 depending on what your substage would be.

For subs, anything Sundown, IA, Audioque, Digital Designs, would all be good. Ive owned something from each company and they all perfrom as they should. DC is also good but i havnt owned anythning from them. Whatever model would just be up to the power your willing to give them.

For elecxtrical, go the Knukonceptz and get 1/0 and RCAs and everything. For an Alt go to Mechman, Excessive Amperage or Powermaster, and for batts, look into C&D tech, they are better than the Kinetiks and everything. When buying a Kinetik, Stinger etc, you are paying for the name.
    this. also check out deka for batts

refs---gl0ck,unbonyr,xxxpower,sundownz,C5,psych0ticnemes1 ,RydHy3845,DrumProdigy83,Mlstrass,j3bus2k3,chaarli eee,khail19,tapout,sleepyjr,CRXBMPN,skeptikal,head bussaboi,blove1991,jbizzle,DJ,Jonny101abc,rival904 ,popwarhomie

neutral---djman37,team h&k,sxpimpin

do not deal with Belunt or hotcarl.

MR.Lincoln is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Worstenemy453;6966299]A lot of nutriders in thise thread already.

Wow to this comment and u are in the same boat that we are all inn and didnt u just second everything i just said read the comments and the products lol

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for all the grate info and I guess there a lot of reading to do before the big buy

Deeper_shades is offline of underground

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Np best luck

Subs : 2 x 12" Sundown Z V.2
    Mids : Focal 165 A3 + 6x9's polk audio db691
    Amps : SAZ 3500 & MB Quart DSC 4125
    HU : JVC El Kameleon KD-AVX44 // EQ : AP EX7
    Batt: 3 x XS power 1400's + 200a Mechman Alt / 50 ft of welding cable / 80sf second skin
    Refs: Sundownz / Mike465 / SicAudio / Rusty_DC / chillin / power-fanatic07 / Silver

Closed Thread

User Tag List