Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: 99 Chevy Classic CrewCab system build.

manyhobbies is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Re: 99 Chevy Classic CrewCab system build.

Quote Originally Posted by DBfan187 View Post
    don't mix sub sizes and different locations, especially midbass which should come from IN FRONT OF YOU
    Was I gonna be able to get a explanation to this comment. I'm open to knowledge. If my intention was all wrong I would deff like to hear why. Thanks and please reply.
    Russ

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Re: 99 Chevy Classic CrewCab system build.

Ok I have added a set of shallow mount 6.5" earthquake subs in the rear doors. Without having everything buttoned up they sound like they are gonna hit the lower tones which was the thing I wanted out of the rear. I wanted this because I don't always listen to my system with the 12" subs pounding and was another reason I wanted to go with something under the rear seat. I still hav'nt decided what or if I will do under the rear seat.
    I have thought about just putting shallow 12"s under the rear seat, would this work or no?
    Thanks for any and all imput. Russ

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Re: 99 Chevy 4-12 new box build.

Ok I decided to not do anything under the rear. However I decided to go with 4 12" subs in the rear vrs 2 because I ended up burning the coils on the pioneers. So I bought 4 cheap PA MOFO'S and were working on the box now. I really hope that 4 subs last longer than 2 lol. The problem was from me listening to my music at high volumes a lot and the subs just did'nt take the power. 2 12" subs sounded amazing in there and hit low and hard, can't wait to hear what 4 sound like. The box will be another sealed enc since thats what sound I like, and it will be a tad over 6 cft. I'll get pics up soon.
    Russ

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Re: 99 Chevy 4-12 new box build.

Update. I hav'nt taken pics of the new box. But I do have a few vids of it on youtube. The diff between 2 12's and 4 was amazing. However I have decided to build a new box. I will no longer have a backseat like I originally wanted and I actually purchased a s10 seat because the factory seat was'nt gonna work due to the size of the box for the 4 12's and I never did put the seat in. I am not fully set on 8 12's or 6 15's, but either way it will be ported. I will have a pic and vid log of the new system. I can't wait to do big hair tricks.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Tag List