Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46

Reload Thread: Yanks Fan: 2005 TC Scion

  1. #31
    yanks fan's Avatar
    yanks fan is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    382
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Yanks Fan: 2005 TC Scion

    First off, David's the fukkkking man. The install is unreal. The box and amp rack came out absolutely sick. I can't even tell you how pleased I am with how it came out. I can't say thanks enough David.

    As for the review. I couldn't be happier with it. The low end is great on the sub and even the "higher" end for the sub is pretty strong. On my drive home I listened to everything from Frank Sinatra to Young Jeezy and from Michael Buble to Sublime. I previously had a 15" SI Mag V3 and thought the SQ from that was nice but the RL-s makes that sub sound sloppy. The RL-s stays so smooth for lack of a better word. Now the Mag is probably louder on the mic but the RL-s has better SQ hands down. The HAT components are worth every penny as well. The midbass is absolutely awesome. They blend in with the substage perfectly. It doesn't over power the sub at all and the sub doesn't over power the front stage either. I must say this is the nicest sounding system I've ever heard. One of the reviews I read for the components a while back said they were weak for rap and sounded bad on rap but it sounded great imo. The midbass really did well on all of the music I listened to. I can't say enough how much I like it all. This system isn't the loudest I've owned but it blows the other ones away in SQ. I'll try and make some videos for you guys of the excursion of this sub cause it's nasty.

    Once again, thanks David. I can't say thanks enough bud. It all turned out better than I had anticipated. The install is absolutely sick and the system is so clean sounding.



    12" Sound Splinter RL-S
    Orion 2500D
    Hybrid Audio Technology Clarus C61/2
    Tru Technology T2.200
    110sqft Second Skin Damplifier Pro
    Pioneer 7800




  2. #32
    basebalz13's Avatar
    basebalz13 is offline D-money

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    roanoke, virginia
    Posts
    4,201
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

    Re: Yanks Fan: 2005 TC Scion

    Quote Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
    Does that factory cover close over the HU? I'm thinking about getting a tC and it would be something that would be cool. Of course, it's not a deal breaker if it doesn't.

    yes it closes completely, hidden away



    Team Cactus Sounds, Team SHOK elite, Team Second Skin, Team Mechman, Team XS power, Team Sundown

    Team GroundShakaz (MECA team I started)

    Quote Originally Posted by mayo_bryan View Post
    i saw david's work , impressed !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudman View Post
    And so were the judges!!!:lol: Sorry man, that was so insensitive of me!! I've been there before!!

  3. #33
    basebalz13's Avatar
    basebalz13 is offline D-money

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    roanoke, virginia
    Posts
    4,201
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

    Re: Yanks Fan: 2005 TC Scion

    Quote Originally Posted by yanks fan View Post
    First off, David's the fukkkking man. The install is unreal. The box and amp rack came out absolutely sick. I can't even tell you how pleased I am with how it came out. I can't say thanks enough David.

    As for the review. I couldn't be happier with it. The low end is great on the sub and even the "higher" end for the sub is pretty strong. On my drive home I listened to everything from Frank Sinatra to Young Jeezy and from Michael Buble to Sublime. I previously had a 15" SI Mag V3 and thought the SQ from that was nice but the RL-s makes that sub sound sloppy. The RL-s stays so smooth for lack of a better word. Now the Mag is probably louder on the mic but the RL-s has better SQ hands down. The HAT components are worth every penny as well. The midbass is absolutely awesome. They blend in with the substage perfectly. It doesn't over power the sub at all and the sub doesn't over power the front stage either. I must say this is the nicest sounding system I've ever heard. One of the reviews I read for the components a while back said they were weak for rap and sounded bad on rap but it sounded great imo. The midbass really did well on all of the music I listened to. I can't say enough how much I like it all. This system isn't the loudest I've owned but it blows the other ones away in SQ. I'll try and make some videos for you guys of the excursion of this sub cause it's nasty.

    Once again, thanks David. I can't say thanks enough bud. It all turned out better than I had anticipated. The install is absolutely sick and the system is so clean sounding.





    Team Cactus Sounds, Team SHOK elite, Team Second Skin, Team Mechman, Team XS power, Team Sundown

    Team GroundShakaz (MECA team I started)

    Quote Originally Posted by mayo_bryan View Post
    i saw david's work , impressed !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudman View Post
    And so were the judges!!!:lol: Sorry man, that was so insensitive of me!! I've been there before!!

  4. #34
    grimreper912003's Avatar
    grimreper912003 is offline <- getting a jAy eL 21W8



    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,596
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Yanks Fan: 2005 TC Scion




    I has a big ben jersey too we can be matchy at the next show



    Bought/trade: TheLow, Nova76, nate2587, Black3SQ, hessdawg, Rockmo, kovemaster559, GearGuy2001, Bones22, dbman150, notoriousroc1, fasfocus00, canyouhearmatt, pelekeliko, Plyer3, justadork2u, sundownz,kasimo420, Zeuslicious, reynardmc22, Haunz, ciaonzo x2, 350Regal x2, Worstenemy453, woofercooker x2, annarbor84, 99Bonney, K_Schutte + MORE

    Sold to: illbmeubu, MTXman, sctattooer, MTX520, AlexJB, dropped mazda, annarbor84
    Nova76 Scammer

    Quote Originally Posted by Worstenemy453 View Post
    Lmao i texted him to tell him bout a thread and he said, cant lulz, im at a tity bar. You ********* lulz.

  5. #35
    ButtaMax's Avatar
    ButtaMax is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Brentwood, TN
    Posts
    325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Yanks Fan: 2005 TC Scion

    That a BIGazz box, not my cup of tea but CLEAN!

    wheres the deadener?



    Bought/Sold
    B: Toxic Tuan
    B: OldOneEye
    B: Jh8909
    B: AmiCreations
    B: iBumps
    B: Kickassman

  6. #36
    wone's Avatar
    wone is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ...?
    Posts
    2,306
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)

    Re: Yanks Fan: 2005 TC Scion

    very nice!




  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    MNPLS
    Posts
    70
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Yanks Fan: 2005 TC Scion

    Very clean man. Good work!




  8. #38
    Fraze's Avatar
    Fraze is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Yanks Fan: 2005 TC Scion

    looks good, I love the equipment you chose to. I bet hes ALOT happier than before lol.

    whoever did that plexi is the man. hha



    Sold to: 2000Gator, Soloact, michaellane, 9515rob,MrHaze, finkster, RetroaudioInc, hazardous0388
    Bought from: BoxedGM, loudwhat?
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446175
    http://www.fiberglassforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

  9. #39
    BumpinKota's Avatar
    BumpinKota is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    600
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Yanks Fan: 2005 TC Scion

    Nice install but why would you ever put that speaker in a sealed enclosure those things SLAM in a ported box and you have a hatch it would be so loud in there ported



    Sold to: LMS (12" Audiopulse revo) carlosg_313 x2 (RE MT motor & 18" basket) Safe_Cracker (Sundown 1500) ctmaudi (Planet Audio P2250D) Louisiana_CRX (Memphis 500) Resko1x2 (2x 12" Tc sounds Axis top assembly) Ebrightbass (3x Stinger SPV70's) loudstratus (1 Stinger SPV70) 813thumper (Crescendo 3k) Greenmachine02 (Sundown 3k) SPY (Tc Sounds 3hp motor) trailz516 (Sundown 2k) Ryan Shaw (Audiopulse Axis 15")


    Bought from: Weffy (Sundown 1500d) Genxx (Rainbow 5 1/4's) infamous_e46 (2/0 wire) BushJ311 (18" Gasket) tyroneshoes (Rainbow 5x7's) Cali_Screw (3 Orphan 8" Subwoofers) streetbeater07 (Sundown 3k)

  10. #40
    jerseyboy's Avatar
    jerseyboy is offline Team DC



    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    newark,nj
    Posts
    1,979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

    Re: Yanks Fan: 2005 TC Scion

    thats a clean *** install bro!! props!!!



    head Unit- JVC double din dvd w/ipod & detachable face plate
    front stage- 4 Crescendo mp8's and crescendo ft1 super tweeters
    front stage amp- rf t1000-4AD & Skar 85.4
    Subs- 3- 10" DC xl's @31hz
    Sub's Amp- DC 5k (.6 ohm)
    Wires- All Shok Power and ground wires & Knu RCA's
    Electrical- DC Power 275ah alt, xs d3400 (front) & xp 2500's (x3) (rear)
    "my feed back thread"
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/407753-jerseyboy-feedback.html

  11. #41
    basebalz13's Avatar
    basebalz13 is offline D-money

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    roanoke, virginia
    Posts
    4,201
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

    Re: Yanks Fan: 2005 TC Scion

    Quote Originally Posted by BumpinKota View Post
    Nice install but why would you ever put that speaker in a sealed enclosure those things SLAM in a ported box and you have a hatch it would be so loud in there ported
    I'm sure it does, but it also slams in this sealed box IMO. Also that is what the customer wanted.



    Team Cactus Sounds, Team SHOK elite, Team Second Skin, Team Mechman, Team XS power, Team Sundown

    Team GroundShakaz (MECA team I started)

    Quote Originally Posted by mayo_bryan View Post
    i saw david's work , impressed !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudman View Post
    And so were the judges!!!:lol: Sorry man, that was so insensitive of me!! I've been there before!!

  12. #42
    basebalz13's Avatar
    basebalz13 is offline D-money

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    roanoke, virginia
    Posts
    4,201
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

    Re: Yanks Fan: 2005 TC Scion

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy View Post
    thats a clean *** install bro!! props!!!
    Thanks man.



    Team Cactus Sounds, Team SHOK elite, Team Second Skin, Team Mechman, Team XS power, Team Sundown

    Team GroundShakaz (MECA team I started)

    Quote Originally Posted by mayo_bryan View Post
    i saw david's work , impressed !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudman View Post
    And so were the judges!!!:lol: Sorry man, that was so insensitive of me!! I've been there before!!

  13. #43
    ramos's Avatar
    ramos is offline Still learning



    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    49
    Posts
    10,329
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)

    Re: Yanks Fan: 2005 TC Scion

    Quote Originally Posted by basebalz13 View Post






    uhhh ohhhh



    Hmmmmm where ever did you get that idea And you didn't need to reverse the fans, could have just swapped the leads and had the motor run the opposite way



    5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

  14. #44
    basebalz13's Avatar
    basebalz13 is offline D-money

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    roanoke, virginia
    Posts
    4,201
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

    Re: Yanks Fan: 2005 TC Scion

    Quote Originally Posted by ramos View Post
    Hmmmmm where ever did you get that idea And you didn't need to reverse the fans, could have just swapped the leads and had the motor run the opposite way
    LMAO! I totally didnt think about reversing the polarity, oh well. Achieved same goal

    and hehe



    Team Cactus Sounds, Team SHOK elite, Team Second Skin, Team Mechman, Team XS power, Team Sundown

    Team GroundShakaz (MECA team I started)

    Quote Originally Posted by mayo_bryan View Post
    i saw david's work , impressed !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudman View Post
    And so were the judges!!!:lol: Sorry man, that was so insensitive of me!! I've been there before!!

  15. #45
    rosshimself13's Avatar
    rosshimself13 is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    GC, il
    Posts
    373
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Yanks Fan: 2005 TC Scion

    also you could of added a vent to the rack, and had them both blowing out and you would have achieved more airflow, could have used a grill made for a pc fan and put a coffee filter behind, to keep dust out... just an idea for later or next time... looks like you should use the money you made on the install for some new kicks.. i saw them a couple times and it bothered me for some reason lol

    really like the amp guts/plexi idea



    Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolboomer View Post
    well the 2 round twelves are pie r square and the l7's are already square so they would hit way harder especially when your amp puts out square waves which I assume is quite often


    bought from: PioneerSPL1990, galacticmonkey, Plottin4sucess, djarmy2004, michaellane, slam, k_schutte, theMessenjah44


Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum