Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Car Subwoofer Concern

Toniwu is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Car Subwoofer Concern

Ok, I have a nice monoblock amp pushing 2 12"s. They used to slam like no other. Then they got stolen. The insurance company provided me with some new 12's to put in their place, and ive used those for awhile, but i dont like them nearly as much. Then, miracle upon miracle, the cops arrest the people that broke into my car and i got my old subs back. They dont look like theyve been tampered with in any way. Problem? I put them in my car, and they dont hit half as hard as they used to. Ive tried all kinds of different amp settings, and tried to fine-tune it and fix the issue. I can only think of a few possible causes. Could it be possible that sitting in single digit temps for a few weeks has made the too stiff? Ive never heard of this, and i tried warming them up for a few minutes with low-volume and no change. didnt know if this could be a factor or not though. Also, would it make a difference if i mixed up the + and - from the amp to the subs? and if so, would that be the cause? Im running out of ideas, and i really hate to get rid of my beloved old subs! thanks for any help.

PioneerSPL1990 is offline IM FER REAL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Car Subwoofer Concern

Quote Originally Posted by Toniwu View Post
    Ok, I have a nice monoblock amp pushing 2 12"s. They used to slam like no other. Then they got stolen. The insurance company provided me with some new 12's to put in their place, and ive used those for awhile, but i dont like them nearly as much. Then, miracle upon miracle, the cops arrest the people that broke into my car and i got my old subs back. They dont look like theyve been tampered with in any way. Problem? I put them in my car, and they dont hit half as hard as they used to. Ive tried all kinds of different amp settings, and tried to fine-tune it and fix the issue. I can only think of a few possible causes. Could it be possible that sitting in single digit temps for a few weeks has made the too stiff? Ive never heard of this, and i tried warming them up for a few minutes with low-volume and no change. didnt know if this could be a factor or not though. Also, would it make a difference if i mixed up the + and - from the amp to the subs? and if so, would that be the cause? Im running out of ideas, and i really hate to get rid of my beloved old subs! thanks for any help.

wiring in the box. or your a scammer.

REFERENCES: Bland, TeamXSSChris, TBH1 SOLD TO: Therum, JKD, Talon09, Thorshammer1, Delan, psychoacoustics, rosshimself13, splaffair, hoboham, dvldogyut, undeadxsunshine, big_way32, perfectcircle, aeroportspwn, kraudio12, biggen_bd, Aldundra, SoCalBean420, ludeman, carlos_g313, JOHNJOHN485,beatnbronco,mecabassboy, HelloImBobBOUGHT FROM: t3audios_160sdbjeep, DefJ, twistedchild420, bassAddictJ, Infamous_e46, benzmansl65amg, sub2weeker, RetroAudioinc x2, SPLBlazer, TeamPSI, SPLAUDIO, orangecounty1, akmarcos20gauge TRADED: banginbigdodge, One Bad MOFO, Ge_off_me.
    I ♥ USPS
    YESSIR

TMali is offline I Can Dance If I Want To

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

this tells me its scam or spam

its all in the location(sometimes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Quote Originally Posted by dirtysouth31 View Post
    TMali new king of lulz
    Quote Originally Posted by N1ggaWeed View Post
    tmali can s#ck my girlfriends t1tties

Deeper_shades is offline of underground

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^ ya but what would his motive be? hes not selling anything or asking you to email him.

Subs : 2 x 12" Sundown Z V.2
    Mids : Focal 165 A3 + 6x9's polk audio db691
    Amps : SAZ 3500 & MB Quart DSC 4125
    HU : JVC El Kameleon KD-AVX44 // EQ : AP EX7
    Batt: 3 x XS power 1400's + 200a Mechman Alt / 50 ft of welding cable / 80sf second skin
    Refs: Sundownz / Mike465 / SicAudio / Rusty_DC / chillin / power-fanatic07 / Silver

t1990le is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tj_hooker View Post
    ^ ya but what would his motive be? hes not selling anything or asking you to email him.
    ^lol

Put a dmm to the coils and see if any of them are blown. If you have 2 12s with dvc's and one vc on each sub is blown, you could possibly have it wired exactly the same but since 2 vc's are blown your amp is seeing x2 higher ohms thus halfing the power from your amp. What kind of subs do you have?

2004 Ford F-150:
    HU: Panasonic CQ-C8803U
    (4) Polk MM 6x8s, (4) Kicker CVR 10s
    RD 1750.1 & MTX BTP 504
    2 runs 1/0 Welding Cable, 8awg & 14awg speaker wire, Optima YT, Custom BP 215 amp Alt, Big 3 in 1/0

Jaredturp is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Buy another amp!

http://www.mobilesoundworks.com/images/logos/reaudio_logo.gif

Bought From:Noobtastic14, Mod4000(USACI), Louisiana_CRX, xhilr8n, TeamPSI, loudwhat?

Closed Thread