alrite let me start at the begining. some of yu may have seen some unfinsihed pics on my build page but i decided it should have its own thread. My art class has a required project that we take a chair and paint it or decorate it in some way. im in this **** class with 8 other girls and all of their chairs are all frilly and retarded. so i decided i have to incorporate car audio some way lol so i came up with this.
This...is the Rumble Seat.
lol we like to say its "10 inches of pleasure, straight up the rear" hahah
lol first off i was given an old wooden chair that was about to fall apart. the cushion was orange tweed like strait from the 70's with like **** stains n what not on it lol that immediatly was ripped off.
I traced the old cushion frame piece onto 3/4 mdf and routed all of the edges. i had a lil old RE audio RE series 10 layin around that i had no other use for so i decided to use that for my woofer. I used a router to cut the hole and then i rabbited that edge to flush mount the woofer. it was then covered in greyy suede.
My uncle worked at LEGACY AUDIO here in springfield il. who build audiophile home speaker systems and i get alot of random drivers from him. i came across 2 5 1/4" AURA midbasses and a random TB speakers tweeter. i cut out a baffle to fit on the back of the chair and routed all of the holes to flushmount the drivers. the tweeter is odd shaped and a biotch to mount so i had to cut a goofy hole and tracce the shape of it onto the baffle. then i had to chisel out about 3/16" to flush that in.
alrite so then i stretched the fleece and glassed it all . i added 2 layers of woven mat to the outside and a layer as well as alot of resin to the inside. i let it dry for a few days and then sanded and filled it.
then it was wrapped in the same grey suede as the bottom piece.
so then i decided the armrests were reaaally boring so i made some new ones. i made some templates with cardboard and traced them onto 3/4 mdf. after they were cut out i routed all the edges and drew up an insert for the sinside of it. that was traced onto 1/8'' chipboard and cut out. i then had to chisel out the inner part of the armrests about 1/4''. this took me about 2 hours to get perfect. it was a biotch lol. after that the outter part was covered in grey suede and the inside in red suede, as well as the botton parts of the chair that the "*** plate" sits on.