Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: Kerfed port enclosure build for my lightning audio x1 12

Twisted_0912 is offline .........................

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kerfed port enclosure build for my lightning audio x1 12

ok this enclosure is for my room sub. its a mint lightning audio x1 12. this was made back in the day when lightning audio was actually a respectable brand lol. it even uses a tc 3hp variant. the enclosure comes to 2.5 cubic feet tuned to 32hz. its gonna be painted gloss black and i hope to get a real nice finish on it. anyways, here are the pics so far...

will have more as it happens.

I build Enclosures PM me

Refs:
    Spy(Bought from),Goodie(traded With),Benner410 (enclosure),Timbo12(enclosure),TheMan007(Enclosure ),Upzaw2000(x3)(bought from),Bobby32(Enclosure),Tacovic(Enclosure),KoolWh ipMan(Traded With),lilmaniac2 (bought from),MarkyMark(Enclosure), HypnoticCure(Traded with),AngryOscar(Enclosure), MisterGrubbs(Traded With),LoggedOut(Enclosure x4/Traded With), Andrios(enclosure), bigbangtheory(Enclosure),Retoaudioinc(traded with), blaze383(sold to), Snow90(Enclosure), Serpent710(traded with), MysticStyl3z(sold to),cwill5(Bought from), Kingkongjr(Enclosure/Traded with), BrandonB (traded With), Moo_Awn(Bought From), Slam330(enclosure),18inchjeepin(sold to)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Kerfed port enclosure build for my lightning audio x1 12

theres a pic of the sub... its the one in the middle obviously

I build Enclosures PM me

Refs:
    Spy(Bought from),Goodie(traded With),Benner410 (enclosure),Timbo12(enclosure),TheMan007(Enclosure ),Upzaw2000(x3)(bought from),Bobby32(Enclosure),Tacovic(Enclosure),KoolWh ipMan(Traded With),lilmaniac2 (bought from),MarkyMark(Enclosure), HypnoticCure(Traded with),AngryOscar(Enclosure), MisterGrubbs(Traded With),LoggedOut(Enclosure x4/Traded With), Andrios(enclosure), bigbangtheory(Enclosure),Retoaudioinc(traded with), blaze383(sold to), Snow90(Enclosure), Serpent710(traded with), MysticStyl3z(sold to),cwill5(Bought from), Kingkongjr(Enclosure/Traded with), BrandonB (traded With), Moo_Awn(Bought From), Slam330(enclosure),18inchjeepin(sold to)

DNick454 is offline Honda + Subs = Rattles :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is 32Hz low enough for home use? You're not gonna get that fat boost down low like in a car cabin. There will be some transient properties that do make some gains, but not at the same frequencies keep in mind. What's the size of the room it's going into, I can tell you exactly what the frequencies are that you will see a bit of gain.

----My Two 10's Flexin' ----
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLrj5PmrKVM
    Quote Originally Posted by mossberg385t View Post
    im calling goob greedy because the ad revenue was suppost to go to site maintenance and upkeep, i havent seen anything but a slow *** server, a virus, self centered mods, and excuses to be expected from steve meade. I just hope the money is going to a good cause such as a heroin addiction

I design and build boxes.
    References
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404022

phemps is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    280 Post(s)

looks very nice

Refs: Rio, DbzArson, goodstuff, Worstenemy453

Quote Originally Posted by Altec View Post
    Then obviously I am asking the wrong person, because you don't know how to hook up subs if they sounded like "****". Maybe learn your ohms and your diagrams before you call something ****. Learn to make boxes to specs and use the right wires and its called dynomat. Then maybe your car wouldn't of sounded like ****, yeah?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DNick454 View Post
    Is 32Hz low enough for home use? You're not gonna get that fat boost down low like in a car cabin. There will be some transient properties that do make some gains, but not at the same frequencies keep in mind. What's the size of the room it's going into, I can tell you exactly what the frequencies are that you will see a bit of gain.
    well its really just for music not for movies i guess i shouldnt say ht. im not sure on the room size honesly lol

I build Enclosures PM me

Refs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've got a calculator laying around somewhere that you can punch in the dimensions of the room and it'll tell you which frequencies get a little boost and on what axis Let me know if you feel like taking measurements

im calling goob greedy because the ad revenue was suppost to go to site maintenance and upkeep, i havent seen anything but a slow *** server, a virus, self centered mods, and excuses to be expected from steve meade. I just hope the money is going to a good cause such as a heroin addiction

References

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've got a calculator laying around somewhere that you can punch in the dimensions of the room and it'll tell you which frequencies get a little boost and on what axis Let me know if you feel like taking measurements
    i might do that right now actually lol

I build Enclosures PM me

Refs:

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

this is the room...

I build Enclosures PM me

Refs:

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

pretty sure the height is 8 ft

I build Enclosures PM me

Refs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Calculator is only for rectangle rooms so I'm going to take an average of those back walls. 13 ft should be good.

Uploading a pretty little graph for you now

References

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Don't worry about the second, third, and forth axial standing waves. Basically, the first one is like a 1/4 wave and so on and so forth. Obviously since half, 3/4, and full length waves are crazy long, the boost is moved up in the octave scale. You obviously don't need to worry about those as your low pass filter will be set around 60-80Hz anyways.

References

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As a side note... you can see the lowest frequency that you will see gain on will be 43Hz and you'll get a few peaks in the upper end too. I would suggest stuffing with poly-fil and have the port it's own width away from a solid wall to give it a nice loading effect and add some "theoretical" inches to your port line.

References

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As a side note... you can see the lowest frequency that you will see gain on will be 43Hz and you'll get a few peaks in the upper end too. I would suggest stuffing with poly-fil and have the port it's own width away from a solid wall to give it a nice loading effect and add some "theoretical" inches to your port line.
    i can probably add some port length to the box and tune lower

I build Enclosures PM me

Refs:

DB-Audio is offline Syko DJ music producer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)

nice job man i've always wanted to do a kerfed port never new how to do it

2001 Honda Civic EX
    power acoustik 8" over sized touch screen
    doors Stock
    1- Atmos Audio 18
    1- Audiopipe 1000d mini @2 ohms
    Electrical stock for now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl_ardHXEkg"]My old System
    http://www.myspace.com/sykodjthereal"]If you Need Beats click this
    http://www.carstereoforum.net"]http://www.carstereoforum.net

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DB-Audio View Post
    nice job man i've always wanted to do a kerfed port never new how to do it
    thanks man its really not that hard

I build Enclosures PM me

Refs:

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

User Tag List