Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: 2002 Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by robertoyoung08 View Post
    ****. real clean install man. good job.
    how are those jbls by the way?!
    ive been wanting to hear some good opinions about them for YEARS now!
    i always wanted the, but ended up with some jls. then i was finally going to get the wgti's but i couldnt find ANYTHING online about how good they are. so i ended up with a re mx. really debated between the wgti and the mx though. get some good videos up if you can when its all up and going.
    good job
    The JBL's are great. I was worried about them, as well. I ordered them, on someone else's positive comment's. So. I was worried when they didn't sound good, at first. They finally sound great, after I got the crossover settings right. They do like big power, though... At least, in a sealed alignment. I think they only need 700 W, or so, in a ported enclosure.
    Last edited by HCCA; 01-02-2011 at 11:51 AM.

The Top 50% of income earners pay 96.54% of All Income Taxes. The Top 1% Pay More Than a Third:34.27%...so, the next time you hear about "tax cuts for the rich", remember...those are practically the only people paying taxes.

Ken448 is offline Get off my lawn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

man, I was diggin the build til I got to the sub box. It just looks so un-finished when you show off all the other work you did. Id have made a box that looked a bit less like a ...well... box just sitting there. Other than thet, loks sweet, and nice work. I can only imagine how long the drilling of the holes took!

HCCA is offline Slayer of Libs

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken448 View Post
    man, I was diggin the build til I got to the sub box. It just looks so un-finished when you show off all the other work you did. Id have made a box that looked a bit less like a ...well... box just sitting there. Other than thet, loks sweet, and nice work. I can only imagine how long the drilling of the holes took!
    Well, part of the problem is that JBL recommends 1cft/ driver for sealed. They are 10 1/2" deep, so not much you can do in playing with the dimensions of the box. I didn't go ported, because the 2.25 cft/driver would take up most of the back. I use my vehicle for things other than stereo. I need the smallest possible box.

As for the speaker holes; it did take some time, but not that bad. I am planning to get some perforated steel, to form new grills, and try to angle mount the speakers. Trying to get them a bit closer to "on-axis".

The Top 50% of income earners pay 96.54% of All Income Taxes. The Top 1% Pay More Than a Third:34.27%...so, the next time you hear about "tax cuts for the rich", remember...those are practically the only people paying taxes.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

User Tag List