Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 2002 Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by uglydimple12 View Post
    gotcha. thanks man.

what about inline fuse holder for the relay? what did you use?
    Simple....I didn't. I guess I should have, but....

The Top 50% of income earners pay 96.54% of All Income Taxes. The Top 1% Pay More Than a Third:34.27%...so, the next time you hear about "tax cuts for the rich", remember...those are practically the only people paying taxes.

JarvisB is offline JarvisB

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hahaha, guess you can say that when you see your expo burning down lol.

but seriously, you should not be too worried as you are looking at only 15 amps of draw.. I dont think you will run into any problem unless you run some more equipments and add them to the relay in the future

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sorry man, questions keep coming up to my mind every time I go thru your build lol.

Did you use 1/2 inch birch for the false floor (the top-most panel)? or what size was it?

and what about the panel that goes underneath the floor for the amps to be mounted on? is it 1/2 inch as well? I am thinking that some kind of a strong 1/4 would do just fine so I can save some space?

and where d u get the carpet from? I am thinking about starting on this project tomorrow so I want to grab some carpet asap. I am hoping that local Joann fabrics got some. I will find out tomorrow.
    Last edited by JarvisB; 01-03-2010 at 02:14 AM.

HCCA is offline Slayer of Libs

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sorry man, questions keep coming up to my mind every time I go thru your build lol.

Did you use 1/2 inch birch for the false floor (the top-most panel)? or what size was it?

and what about the panel that goes underneath the floor for the amps to be mounted on? is it 1/2 inch as well? I am thinking that some kind of a strong 1/4 would do just fine so I can save some space?

and where d u get the carpet from? I am thinking about starting on this project tomorrow so I want to grab some carpet asap. I am hoping that local Joann fabrics got some. I will find out tomorrow.
    The amp rack is 1/2" birch. I wouldn't go with 1/4". The 1/2" was barely strong enough. The top cover for the amp rack is also, 1/2", but I should have made it 3/4". I plan to change that some time soon. I got the carpet from Crutchfield, but it doesn't match very well. This is a better source. http://www.yourautotrim.com/80wideozite.html If you have the tan interior, you would want the "medium prarie tan". Otherwise, you can look at their other colors on their web site.

The Top 50% of income earners pay 96.54% of All Income Taxes. The Top 1% Pay More Than a Third:34.27%...so, the next time you hear about "tax cuts for the rich", remember...those are practically the only people paying taxes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thanks man

i got charcoal gray so i ll try fabrics store, if not then i ll order it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hey man, i got things started! woohoo!

now i wanna order carpet but I am not sure how much of carpet should I get?

can you give me a rough estimate of how much of carpet will I be needing to cover the whole floor and rack?

I am gonna order some tonight

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hey man, i got things started! woohoo!

now i wanna order carpet but I am not sure how much of carpet should I get?

can you give me a rough estimate of how much of carpet will I be needing to cover the whole floor and rack?

I am gonna order some tonight
    I had about 5 sq ft of the charcoal, Ford, trunk carpet for about 12 years. I just got around to using it. I bought two, 3 sq ft boxes of tan carpet that was prepackaged. It might depend on how large of a box you are going to build, too. I covered everything, and had a good bit left over. I think that amount should get you by, with room to spare.
    Last edited by HCCA; 01-06-2010 at 07:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I see hmm, I am thinking I will just buy 5 yards in charcoal color. parts express sell them for 5.45 per yard

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i just ordered 5 yards of this http://www.parts-express.com/pe/psho...number=260-765

I hope the color is going to match!

rumproast789 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

im going to try and copy your false floor, but just to hold my box up.
    I got speaker adapter plates and they didn't fit so I am sending them back.

I need to try and get ones similar to urs.
    Want to make me some? I'll pay?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rumproast789 View Post
    im going to try and copy your false floor, but just to hold my box up.
    I got speaker adapter plates and they didn't fit so I am sending them back.

I need to try and get ones similar to urs.
    Want to make me some? I'll pay?
    Do you still have your factory speakers? Can you get some aluminum sheeting? Just mark around the outside perimeter of the speaker + a bit more. Mark the screw holes. Drill out the speaker holes, and cut the outside dimensions of the speaker adapter and a 1/4"-1/2" extra for good measure. Mark your speaker cutout dimensions for the speaker you plan to use, and cut it all out using a metal cutting blade on your jigsaw. BUT, by all means, use clay around the metal adapter plate. Don't skimp on it either. It will kill metal resonances caused by the speaker.

Sorry, too much going on to make any speaker adapters, myself.

HSWaypeType is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

jann offutt holistic medicine

jann offutt holistic family medicine fixtinhot

<a href=http://www.tntmusicllc.com/>purchase meridia</a>

Meridia is taken orally as tablet and usually a patient is prescribed to take one pill a day.
    order sibutramine
    Taking overdose or using for a longer period than prescribed can be very risky for health.
    http://www.tntmusicllc.com/ - order sibutramine
    Patients aged over 60 years should not take the drug as well.

HSWaypeType is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

jeffrey jacob medicine

jeffrey i selwyn internal medicine fixtinhot

generic alprazolam
    It generates a calming effect, encourages sleep, stops constant seizures, relaxes muscles, and manages or reduces anxiety.
    <a href=http://www.cebucityphilippines.net/>order xanax</a>
    If the skin or the eyes start to turn yellow, you should immediately seek medical help.
    http://www.cebucityphilippines.net/ - xanax online pharmacy
    Long term users may suffer the most from sudden removal.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: jeffrey jacob medicine

Quote Originally Posted by hswaypetype View Post
    jeffrey i selwyn internal medicine fixtinhot

generic alprazolam
    it generates a calming effect, encourages sleep, stops constant seizures, relaxes muscles, and manages or reduces anxiety.
    <a href=http://www.cebucityphilippines.net/>order xanax</a>
    if the skin or the eyes start to turn yellow, you should immediately seek medical help.
    BUY XANAX ONLINE | Xanax Alprazolam Medication | Order Xanax Without Prescription | Cheap Xanax | Xanax Drug | Alprazolam No Prescription | Generic Xanax Cheap | Xanax Alprazolam Online Pharmacy | Xanax Anxiety Treatment | Buying Xanax Without RX | A - xanax online pharmacy
    long term users may suffer the most from sudden removal.
    wtf?!?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looking to add a pair of these to the rear, right side of the cargo area; where the factory sub used to reside. They are thin enough to fit (4 7/8" tall x 6 15/32" long x 6 7/8" wide) in the area where the factory sub used to be, yet the pair, are large enough to be worth the trouble. The 4 7/8" is really the height, but I would mount them on their side to fit. Nice thing about AGM's, you can mount them in almost any position without problems.
    Odyssey PC925

The underhood batt is just not enough. Nor is the Alt. Though both are upgraded. The alt is 230 amp, and the batt is an AGM Odyysey 1750, Class 65.
    I think I should use an isolator, as they are not the same size as the battery under the hood. Thoughts?

P.S. The subs sound great, now that I adjusted the crossover point. I crossed the mids off ; HP at 62Hz @ 6db, and the subs; LP at 50Hz @ 12db.
    Last edited by HCCA; 12-27-2010 at 08:47 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast