Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Reload Thread: ejschultz' Build Log

misfit138 is offline a whole new type of aids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: ejschultz' Build Log

Understandable.

I wasn't implying that luxury liner would stop the rattles alone. But if it's used AFTER deadening material has been installed on the doors, it should not only stop road noise, but eliminate any rattles that might occur because of the plastics. Maybe it won't be at all beneficial under your door plastics, though. I've never worked on a vehicle like yours...

I shot out muh mom's vag with bossing papers in hand.

ejschultz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

If you've worked on any early to mid 90s GM, you should know how crappy the plastic is. My 95 Jimmy is even worse. I've given up getting rid of rattles in there. It's just too much. I think a lot of it's issues are due to the ZM6 offroad suspension it's got. It's really stiff. That's terrible for plastic interiors, especially after 145,000 miles. My Caprice on the other hand, rides like it's on air and only has 41,000 on it. Again, I'll blame those rattles on GM plastic.

94 Caprice Classic LS: DEH-P800PRS, TS-C720PRS, MRV-F545, MRD-M1005, 2 Fi X 12s in 2.5 net cubes sealed; 97 Grand Cherokee TSi: CDA-9855, TS-D1720C, MRV-F345, MRD-M605, SWX-1043D in .54 net cubes sealed

Resident Jeep Expert, Mother Fucker

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Makes sense. My friend used to drive an older model Blazer (early 90s). Everything in that vehicle rattled...

Alc5M is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misfit138 View Post
    Makes sense. My friend used to drive an older model Blazer (early 90s). Everything in that vehicle rattled...
    i drive a 96 tahoe, mine rattles to **** too, my bro used to hve like a 94 blazer that started rattling right after he put subs in it too. i love gm, but they're interiors of their trucks just go to **** with vibrations

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alc5M View Post
    i drive a 96 tahoe, mine rattles to **** too, my bro used to hve like a 94 blazer that started rattling right after he put subs in it too. i love gm, but they're interiors of their trucks just go to **** with vibrations
    They use WAY too much plastic. It wouldn't be so bad if they'd at least add some type of padding to it....

Alc5M is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i completely agree with that statement, the panel in the back door (all plastic) rattled off the clip, and the storage parts rattle like hell too. oh well though, driveit for the performance, lol

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alc5M View Post
    i completely agree with that statement, the panel in the back door (all plastic) rattled off the clip, and the storage parts rattle like hell too. oh well though, driveit for the performance, lol
    Well, you'll be driving it for the performance IFS can give you. I'm not crazy about the off-road capabilities my Jimmy has, but they're pretty decent for a stock truck. It does have, as I previously mentioned, the ZM6 off-road suspension. That's essentially the ZR2 suspension, but not as high.

94 Caprice Classic LS: DEH-P800PRS, TS-C720PRS, MRV-F545, MRD-M1005, 2 Fi X 12s in 2.5 net cubes sealed; 97 Grand Cherokee TSi: CDA-9855, TS-D1720C, MRV-F345, MRD-M605, SWX-1043D in .54 net cubes sealed

smoka is offline Drink beer save water

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice job so far.

Good idea on adding some deadener on the inside plastic of the door panels. My doors have 2 layers of deader on the metal with a full layer of ensolite against the plastic and I still get a small plastic rattle coming from the doors. I think I'll add some deadener next time I remove them...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smoka View Post
    Nice job so far.

Good idea on adding some deadener on the inside plastic of the door panels. My doors have 2 layers of deader on the metal with a full layer of ensolite against the plastic and I still get a small plastic rattle coming from the doors. I think I'll add some deadener next time I remove them...
    Thanks. I'll let everyone know how/if it helps when I get everything back together. It probably won't be for a month or so. I've gut a guy customizing some A pillars for my tweeters and I told him to take his time. Honestly, I'm in no hurry to go put everything back together in the 20 degree weather.

supermaxx123 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My 92 s10 rattles like crazy with the midbass even some high mid range. If i turn it up loud enough i dont hear it anymore. I would love to deaden the doors but i cant justify spending the money on a cheap truck. I'm guessing the deadner will help.
    Install looks good.

Bought from: tc3k101, vitveet, chico305, pieper88, Toxic Tuan, rusty_armadillo, tristanmay
    Traded with: modskwod, jmkanek
    Sold to: smd4life, AQHDC3, fastfocus00

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by supermaxx123 View Post
    My 92 s10 rattles like crazy with the midbass even some high mid range. If i turn it up loud enough i dont hear it anymore. I would love to deaden the doors but i cant justify spending the money on a cheap truck. I'm guessing the deadner will help.
    Install looks good.
    Thanks. I had a 91 S10 about a year ago. The inside of the truck was very solid. It didn't rattle at all; the outside was a different story. It was rusted to sh*t. I'd hit bumps and have to pick up parts that would fall off. Where did you put the speakers in the doors? It only has rear 4x10s and 4x6s in the dash.

supermaxx123 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well my truck was a work truck before i had it and its pretty beat. The previous owner cut out some holes in the door panels for 6.5"s. He had them really crappy just in the doors and the boston mids show'd signs of water. I went ahead and built speakers pods for 6.5"s, sound a lot better and mid bass is there, hence the rattling from the mid. I did notice the dash speaker placements and was thinking of running my tweeter there but there are holes next to the locks on the inside for tweeters so i just ended up using those.
    I can post pics, but this is your thread lol.

Bought from: tc3k101, vitveet, chico305, pieper88, Toxic Tuan, rusty_armadillo, tristanmay
    Traded with: modskwod, jmkanek
    Sold to: smd4life, AQHDC3, fastfocus00

Eugenics is offline Princess

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misfit138 View Post
    I've heard that info from several peolpe that run those comps. From what I gather, they're some of the nicest ones on the market right now...
    um...

crunktimes . com/ct

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenics View Post
    um...
    I've read a lot of good things about the TS-C720PRS comps. Lots of people really like them...

Eugenics is offline Princess

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

they're good.

crunktimes . com/ct

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast