Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

Re: ejschultz' Build Log

I bridged my amp today for the speakers. I honestly don't notice much of a difference. They're a little louder but no cleaner. I'm going to go active with them. I'll see what that does.

I might pull off my panels again and deaden the panels to help stop them from vibrating. It's not bad, but it's enough to **** me off.

94 Caprice Classic LS: DEH-P800PRS, TS-C720PRS, MRV-F545, MRD-M1005, 2 Fi X 12s in 2.5 net cubes sealed; 97 Grand Cherokee TSi: CDA-9855, TS-D1720C, MRV-F345, MRD-M605, SWX-1043D in .54 net cubes sealed

Resident Jeep Expert, Mother Fucker

ejschultz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

Well, I got a new box yesterday thanks to Vitveet. He's got some great craftsmanship and great design skills. Here's a set of the pics. I have a thread with pics already, but I wanted to add this to my build log as well.

Here's the pics:

The Kicker box on top used to house my CVXs. Check out the size difference.

94 Caprice Classic LS: DEH-P800PRS, TS-C720PRS, MRV-F545, MRD-M1005, 2 Fi X 12s in 2.5 net cubes sealed; 97 Grand Cherokee TSi: CDA-9855, TS-D1720C, MRV-F345, MRD-M605, SWX-1043D in .54 net cubes sealed

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

Well, I just got an Alpine MRD-M1005 to replace my MRD-M605. I really like the 605 so I figured what better than the bigger version of it? Anyways, when it comes in, I'll get some pics of it.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

Well, it came in, but my f*cking camera took a sh*t on me just now. The flash and the shutter aren't in time with each other so the pics all come out weird. I'll try and get my girlfriend's camera tomorrow or the day after to get some pics of it.

I had to take the amp apart to fix one of the fans. There's 2 cooling fans in there and one was apart inside the amp. This was probably one of the most difficult amps I've ever taken apart. I got it fixed, but it took me probably about 45 minutes just to figure out what was holding everything down in there.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

I got my Alpine MRD-M1005 installed today. I was going to run 4 gauge to both amps, but my 4 channel will not take 4 gauge, only 8 . I've got my 1/0 going back to the trunk, going into a fused Rockford disto block that accepts 1/0 or 4 gauge for an input and outputs in 4 or 8 gauge. I've got the 1/0 going in obviously and 4 gauge going to my mono with 8 going to my 4 channel. I've got an unfused Rockford distro block collecting the 2 grounds and putting out a 1/0 ground. I figured I'd let everyone know that I did get my new amp and it's in and working great.

All in all, the 1005 is sweet. It's a huge improvement from the MRD-M605 that I have/had, power wise. The 605 put out 648 @ 2 ohms @ 14.4 V and the 1005, like I said does 1035 under the same conditions. 1035 RMS before voltage drops and impedance rise sure beats the hell out of 648 RMS before voltage drops and impedance rise. And to think, I really didn't want anymore power than what I had... I sure am glad I made the upgrade.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

For the haters that didn't care for my tweeter install, I'm getting custom A pillars made for my car that are going to house my tweeters. I'll get build pics up when and if I get any. I'll definitely get pics up once I get these in my car. It'll probably take a few weeks for the guy to complete the pillars, but they'll be worth the wait.

misfit138 is offline a whole new type of aids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
    For the haters that didn't care for my tweeter install, I'm getting custom A pillars made for my car that are going to house my tweeters. I'll get build pics up when and if I get any. I'll definitely get pics up once I get these in my car. It'll probably take a few weeks for the guy to complete the pillars, but they'll be worth the wait.
    Why we gotta be haters?

I shot out muh mom's vag with bossing papers in hand.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misfit138 View Post
    Why we gotta be haters?

It was the first word that came to my head. Anyways, I'm somewhat taking your advice on hacking stuff. Well, I did buy a new set of A pillars to do this to and I'm not the one doing the work because I can't glass worth sh*t. This will definitely give a much better look. The guy who's doing it is going to ensure they're perfectly places for proper imaging.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

Well, I was a little bored before work today so I decided to finish deadening my front doors. The only thing left to deaden was the panels so...without further ado...

There you have it. My front doors are now completely deadened. My car is almost complete. All I have left is to get my kick *** A pillars completed and deadening some of my trunk. I'll probably have to buy some more deadener though... I'm almost out now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
    It was the first word that came to my head. Anyways, I'm somewhat taking your advice on hacking stuff. Well, I did buy a new set of A pillars to do this to and I'm not the one doing the work because I can't glass worth sh*t. This will definitely give a much better look. The guy who's doing it is going to ensure they're perfectly places for proper imaging.
    Cool. And just for the record, I didn't really mean to give you **** about the tweets. It's your ride. You can superglue them to the windshield if you want to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

I've never put deadener of door plastics before. What's your reason for doing so?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

I've never put deadener of door plastics before. What's your reason for doing so?
    Well, I do have a lot of issues with the sh*tty GM plastic rattling. I've seen a lot of people do this before on Impalas/Caprices and have good results. The door panels feel more solid now that I've done that. There's not nearly as much flex and there were some parts that rubbed before that will not rub now because the deadener holds it in place. Also, plastic does resonate a little. I'm sure it will help with this. I'm not going to be putting these back in until I get my A pillars back. I'll let you know how it sounds once I get that all finished up and if it made any difference or not. I'm hoping it will because I do get some mad vibrations during high midbass output from my front speakers.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

Cool. And just for the record, I didn't really mean to give you **** about the tweets. It's your ride. You can superglue them to the windshield if you want to.
    I'll do this with my next install.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Hmm, don't you think it would be better to apply a layer of luxury liner(or something similar) under the plastics?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

Hmm, don't you think it would be better to apply a layer of luxury liner(or something similar) under the plastics?
    I already had it, or something similar that didn't work out too well. It helped with road noise before I had the deadener, but it didn't do much for the rattles. Plus, I had a bunch of extra deadener just lying around waiting to be used. My door panels have been sitting on my bed for over a week now, and, like I said, I was bored before work. I figured it wouldn't hurt anything, other than my fingertips that were bleeding all over the place as I was doing this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

User Tag List