Closed Thread

Reload Thread: RE XXX 12 box build - 2004 Single Cab F150

rival904 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RE XXX 12 box build - 2004 Single Cab F150

I went with PWK because of everyone on here, and everywhere else Ive read, that cant find a box that works with this sub.

Hopefully Ill have the sub in tommorrow if Im lucky. I gotta take my seats out, pull my old setup out, figure out whats wrong with my **** 4 channel/EQ, and then put this in and wire it up, ontop of finishing my door pods ( 4 Powerbass 4XL 6.5s and 2 Selenium ST350s per door)

Hittin harder than chris brown.

Go2Sleep is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: RE XXX 12 box build - 2004 Single Cab F150

Nice box. Is it a newer or older model xxx that you're putting in there?

* (2) Morel Ultimo 12's * Hybrid Audio Legathia SE Front Stage * RF 360.3 DSP * Brax 2400 * JL Audio HD 1200/1 *

GetLikeMe is offline Stuntin' is a Habbit!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hopefully older looks small to fit the newer model ;\

Refs: inapontiac, FASTIMES, donpisto, Mike465, TC2k15x2, HyPnAwTiKpImP, stl_styles, SPL140.2, 07ramjam, astrolade, wu501, emperorjj1, dropped_mazda, cuseikan, Zeuslicious, smalltown, dtbrown, svtjoe, Pioneer~Saturn, JoeSmith502, littlepucker, lilmaniac2(x2), rumblebee2, adas, adrian1185, Vermithrax, kmanian, teamsolo, schackel, HmoobSoCal, JHardee, 01 S 10, atsaubrey, tc3k101

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nope, newer model.

It clears just fine actually.

Its 20in tall, 10wide at the top, 17wide at the bottom.

Zip_Loc is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rival904 View Post
    Nope, newer model.

It clears just fine actually.

Its 20in tall, 10wide at the top, 17wide at the bottom.
    He meant the box volume.

Those perform far better in about twice your airspace sealed.

just post them here somebody... teh mods don't care anymore... I just saw a tranny get fawked in somebody's avatar, it even has a swinging kek and happy face on it. The ole' lady thinks I'm crazy for coming here now after she saw that.
    Quote Originally Posted by sub2weeker View Post
    check in was a term we used in prison for rats and b!tches that ran their mouths and when it was time to man up they would CHECK IN to PROTECTIVE CUSTODY. pretty much what would happen to 80% of you clowns on this forum that run your mouths instead of help.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im aware.

Im not doubting you, its just everyone says one thing and other people say another about this sub, its like the correct box for this sub is unknown, so instead of me building 4 or 5 different boxes until I found one I liked, I just went to PWK and had him do it.

Go2Sleep is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im aware.

Im not doubting you, its just everyone says one thing and other people say another about this sub, its like the correct box for this sub is unknown, so instead of me building 4 or 5 different boxes until I found one I liked, I just went to PWK and had him do it.
    Makes sense. Also ygpm

* (2) Morel Ultimo 12's * Hybrid Audio Legathia SE Front Stage * RF 360.3 DSP * Brax 2400 * JL Audio HD 1200/1 *

Zip_Loc is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im aware.

Its only a process of trial and error up to a certain point - you need to start somewhere reasonable, and going to PWK does not automatically mean a wonderful box.
    There are several members on here, with far more knowledge than myself and more experience with the 07 XXX, that will tell you the same thing. These subs need enclosures much bigger than RE recommends.

That box is sub forward/driver side port? That right off the bat isn't going to be the loudest combination, which I assume you're looking for running a XXX ported.

just post them here somebody... teh mods don't care anymore... I just saw a tranny get fawked in somebody's avatar, it even has a swinging kek and happy face on it. The ole' lady thinks I'm crazy for coming here now after she saw that.
    Quote Originally Posted by sub2weeker View Post
    check in was a term we used in prison for rats and b!tches that ran their mouths and when it was time to man up they would CHECK IN to PROTECTIVE CUSTODY. pretty much what would happen to 80% of you clowns on this forum that run your mouths instead of help.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not really, I want something I can daily beat on, something louder than my 2 Pioneers I had, I got a wall with 6 12s sitting in storage if I want to be loud.

Im sure loudest combo is sub forward port up, or sub up port up, but my biggest issue is my truck chokes up everything once its on the meter, so numbers dont matter much to me.

TnT_Sounds is offline profiling gets **** done!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zip_Loc View Post
    Its only a process of trial and error up to a certain point - you need to start somewhere reasonable, and going to PWK does not automatically mean a wonderful box.
    There are several members on here, with far more knowledge than myself and more experience with the 07 XXX, that will tell you the same thing. These subs need enclosures much bigger than RE recommends.

That box is sub forward/driver side port? That right off the bat isn't going to be the loudest combination, which I assume you're looking for running a XXX ported.
    Don't forget them several members all know everything about every vehicle and what array alignments are the best per the vehicle.

Anxious to see some results. I've never really cared for the newer xxx's, but they sure do look mean.

3 8's

39.9 consistently

Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kulicki
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, youll see a video over on PWK

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned