So I decided that I can't stand the stock stereo anymore. The 1st gen s10's have a front stage consisting of 4x6's in the dash, not exactly ideal. I decided to remedy this by doing some custom work to the door panels to fit 6.5's.
Step One: Get those door panels off!
Step Two: Remove the plastic rivets holding the map pocket and lower carpeted panel on.
Step Three: Copy shape onto plywood and cut it out (pod base).
Step Four: design and cut the pod faceplate. I don't have a router anymore so we used our mad skill and a jig saw... and some sand paper.
Step Five: Attach pods faceplate to the pods base