Alright people, I know these pictures aren't that great, and that I should've started the thread when I had all my supplies together before making any cuts..... BUT better late than never... right? Anyways, the new box is 5.65cuft, 4.2 after displacements, 42 wide, 17 tall and deep, the port is 15.5 tall by 3.75 wide tuned to 32Hz at 24" total length. I'm using Titebond II and an air nailer for construction. I thought the motors on the Q's were too good looking to box up so I also put a plexi window in the box so the pretty babies can be seen. I'll be finishing this thing as quickly as possible including building a new amprack which should have enough room for upgrading the amps to either Audioque's or Sundown's (if they could fit). On to the pics.....
This is the box mached up, the bottom rear and side panels are glued.
This is a closer picture of the plexi window and YES the paper is still on the window to protect it until the box is finished. Notice all the white shavings on the floor where I routed a shelf around the edge of the plexi to ensure secure and airtight mounting.
Just in case you're all wondering, YES, I used my box calculator to design this enclosure... I figure the best way to guarantee that something works is to use it.