Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Reload Thread: VHT Nightshade Project- Murdered out Colorado

Ohioguy is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: VHT Nightshade Project- Murdered out Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by Andrizzle View Post
    What are the directions for this stuff? I Like the look, but it is too dull looking compared to the paint. I want to do my taillights but I am worried it will be that dull/hazey look so I been planning on getting it done somewhere or sending them somewhere.

How would you go about spraying clearcoat on them to shine them up? What type of clear to use? Also any sanding in the steps? rubbing compound?

i do this for alot of people and make money off this haha. but uhm yea

take preferrably a strong compound like goo off (home depot carries it) and wipe any dirt off of the light surface.

depending on if you want purple reverse lights or clear (which look better) take masking tape and a razor and cover the area of the reverse light.

take 800 grit wet sandpaper and wetsand the tail light so it looks really dull but yet smooth. make sure its clean

start off with a light coat about 10'' away. spray and stop. repeat so you dont get any drip.

do about 10-20 layers. let it dry for a couple hours. if you have any drip, this is the time to fix it by wetsanding it. if not, take clear coat and do about 5-7 coats.

let it dry. for a flat black look which actually will look good and not as dull as you think, keep it. but wetsand it with 2000 grit and your done.

or to get a glossy finish to match the paint, after you clearcoat everything, wetsand it lightly with 2000 grit, take a buffer and buff it with a light buffing compound about 3 hours after it drys.

ive actually gotten good at this. anyone can do it and its affordable. but once you do it so many times, yours will stand out from someone who just sprays and puts it back on. if a local shop doesnt carry it, you can get it on ebay.

refs: Frisnog

Zip_Loc is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nothing about this is car audio.

Title is a flat out lie.

This thread fais.

just post them here somebody... teh mods don't care anymore... I just saw a tranny get fawked in somebody's avatar, it even has a swinging kek and happy face on it. The ole' lady thinks I'm crazy for coming here now after she saw that.
    Quote Originally Posted by sub2weeker View Post
    check in was a term we used in prison for rats and b!tches that ran their mouths and when it was time to man up they would CHECK IN to PROTECTIVE CUSTODY. pretty much what would happen to 80% of you clowns on this forum that run your mouths instead of help.

Andrizzle is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohioguy View Post

take preferrably a strong compound like goo off (home depot carries it) and wipe any dirt off of the light surface.

depending on if you want purple reverse lights or clear (which look better) take masking tape and a razor and cover the area of the reverse light.

take 800 grit wet sandpaper and wetsand the tail light so it looks really dull but yet smooth. make sure its clean

start off with a light coat about 10'' away. spray and stop. repeat so you dont get any drip.

do about 10-20 layers. let it dry for a couple hours. if you have any drip, this is the time to fix it by wetsanding it. if not, take clear coat and do about 5-7 coats.

let it dry. for a flat black look which actually will look good and not as dull as you think, keep it. but wetsand it with 2000 grit and your done.

or to get a glossy finish to match the paint, after you clearcoat everything, wetsand it lightly with 2000 grit, take a buffer and buff it with a light buffing compound about 3 hours after it drys.

ive actually gotten good at this. anyone can do it and its affordable. but once you do it so many times, yours will stand out from someone who just sprays and puts it back on. if a local shop doesnt carry it, you can get it on ebay.

any pictures? What does flat black, but glossy still mean?

When I see my taillights, I want to be able to see my reflection in the black just like the paint. The picture posted earlier in this thread of the red SUV is exactly what I want to avoid lol.

So you only sand in between the clear coats? Not the actual Nightshades paint?

memphisman00 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zip_Loc View Post
    Nothing about this is car audio.

Title is a flat out lie.

This thread fais.
    i believe i said VHT nightshade.
    not sundown nightshade you dumb piece of ****

Refs:CA.COM:memphisflex,iamamp3pimp, twistid, grimreper912003,Wkbdkid,csu87,1000101,mrwigglezdj, GoinDef154,DUMPED,tenbux1970,waccord99,ampjunkieli keme,jimmyrat
    ROE: abmw735ie32, southpole1989, tacosys,Breakjunki, groundpound4200, Visitor
    CAC.O: Caps, banginexplorer, tzsplfocus, jagblazer01, Mojo, lunari, Ctippins,duece212, derrick824, BlackWaterOP

memphisman00 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohioguy View Post

thankyou for this. i might just re-do mine using these steps.

Refs:CA.COM:memphisflex,iamamp3pimp, twistid, grimreper912003,Wkbdkid,csu87,1000101,mrwigglezdj, GoinDef154,DUMPED,tenbux1970,waccord99,ampjunkieli keme,jimmyrat
    ROE: abmw735ie32, southpole1989, tacosys,Breakjunki, groundpound4200, Visitor
    CAC.O: Caps, banginexplorer, tzsplfocus, jagblazer01, Mojo, lunari, Ctippins,duece212, derrick824, BlackWaterOP

Zip_Loc is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by memphisman00 View Post
    i believe i said VHT nightshade.
    not sundown nightshade you dumb piece of ****
    As in "murdered out Colorado" is a flat out lie, you ****ing moron. The truck is orange.
    Is your sig your HighSchool portrait?
    And again, there is no "car audio" involved.
    Go post this somewhere else.

just post them here somebody... teh mods don't care anymore... I just saw a tranny get fawked in somebody's avatar, it even has a swinging kek and happy face on it. The ole' lady thinks I'm crazy for coming here now after she saw that.
    Quote Originally Posted by sub2weeker View Post
    check in was a term we used in prison for rats and b!tches that ran their mouths and when it was time to man up they would CHECK IN to PROTECTIVE CUSTODY. pretty much what would happen to 80% of you clowns on this forum that run your mouths instead of help.

JohnBlayz142 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Should have just gone to rockblocker.com

JohnBlayz142 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hmm appears the site isn't running, they sold pre cut tint kits for head lights and tail lights that were thicker than normal tint and protected the plastic.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3