1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Build Log... My attempt at something decent!
I've been working on this project on and off for a few weeks now, and I finally have enough pictures to justify starting a thread. I'll start off with my preliminary goals for this system:
1) I wanted my sound stage to be directly in the center of my dashboard.
2) I wanted utmost clarity and low distortion from my components.
3) I wanted them to get nice and loud... Cleanly.
4) I wanted a good-sounding substage that will get loud and reach down to the mid-twenties to satisfy my occasional need for ridiculously overemphasized low-end.
5) I wanted to retain seating for 4 people. Three up front (bench seat) and one in the back.
6) I wanted to do as little modification to my car as possible.
So on to the pics. First thing I did was install my new head unit. I picked up an Eclipse 8445 in a trade that I used for a while, but that has been replaced with an 8455 that I literally got for FREE
Then I deadened my rear deck using three layers of fatmat that I had left over from two years ago.
Then I began to deaden my doors. I ordered a fresh batch of RAAMmat BXT for these. I deadened the rear doors as well, but forgot to take pics. But who cares about those. There’s nothing going in there.
Absolutnockout, zachzchw, Untouchable11, j3bus2k3 (x2), 92c1v1c, jeeper07, acubsfan, bkjt05, Goldenknob, Goindef154, Basscourt2009, TeamSouthrnBass, oldschoolboomer, 99grandprixGT
Gearguy2001 (American Bass SQ780)
Tw1st3d13 (2 Fi BL 15's)