To preface; I'm a huge HT buff, and have spent tens of thousands of dollars on equipment and room treatments. I've always been one to do things myself rather than pay someone else. You just gain a greater sense of satisfaction when it's done. Well due to all my funds being dumped into my HT, my truck's have always been neglected. Well lately I've been getting the itch to do more than the basic install so I decided to tackle the project. This is a daily driver, and not designed to ever be near a sound comp. I also want the install to retain all the stock aesthetics.
sub: MTX TE1501D
mains: MTX TE1004
front stage: JBL 660gti
subs: two 12" RE SE's
deck: Alpine W404 multi media and Alpine 12 disc changer
wiring: Knu Koncepts 1/0 gauge, 4 gauge, etc.
sound deadening: Raammat and ensolite
Interior Gutted, nice and shiny.
Doors are gutted as well. I chose to remove the window regulator's to make getting deadening inside the door a whole lot easier. Chevy really makes it nice for taking things apart. Half the truck was assembled with a 10mm socket.
Don't forget to tape up the window before removing the reg though. Bad things will happen if you don't.
Even though it's a purty yellow, avoid messing with the box under the driver's side seat. This controls the airbag....nuff said.
First layer of mat is down. I used a combination of wiffle ball and golf ball to roll it around the curves. This took a lot longer than I originally figured.
Second layer finished. Flat exhausted at this point. The only part that didn't get a full two layers we're directly above the front seats. I ran out and had to make do with what I had.
Back wall finished. This will only see a single layer as well.
Stopped for a few minutes to snap a few pic's of a T storm rolling through.